Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 41
Re: ot- NFL 2012
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 17, 2012 03:20

keefriffhard4life
Max'sKansasCity
keefriffhard4life
the replacement refs are top notch. the jets get a fumble recovery and down a guy in the backfield for a loss on the same play and they get it all wrong

The ba-zillion-millionaire owners screwing around, playing penny ante with the REAL NFL refs shows just how fkd up the 1%er types really are. They are cutting off their noses to spite their faces... ruining the integrity of the game.

not sure the regular refs would have had it right though

It is not about that one play, it is about 30-1000 other fkd calls (and NON calls) today. They need to fix this bad replacement refs. period.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 17, 2012 21:59

The only team I REALLY hate are the Dallas Cowboys! YUCK-THEY SUCK! My team is the NY Giants! We won a great game Sunday. I do wonder about the Jets hiring Tebow....he really is just awful. Why didn't they just stick with Sanchez?
I love fotball and Sundays are my day to watch one game after the other. Oh, and as for college ball, I love the fighting Irish of Notre Dame. We won this Saturday too.

Date: September 17, 2012 22:31

mickschix
The only team I REALLY hate are the Dallas Cowboys! YUCK-THEY SUCK! My team is the NY Giants! We won a great game Sunday. I do wonder about the Jets hiring Tebow....he really is just awful. Why didn't they just stick with Sanchez?
I love fotball and Sundays are my day to watch one game after the other. Oh, and as for college ball, I love the fighting Irish of Notre Dame. We won this Saturday too.

the jets have stuk with sanchez but funny enough yesterday was the perfect time to stick in tebow they stuck im in during the 3rd quarter and he took 3 snaps during which time the jets moved the ball about 30 yards and then they sat him back down, put sanchez in and never moved the ball 30 yards again unless it was a penalty. i don't really think tebow is a starting nfl QB but there was a situation yesterday where he was perfect and they put him in only to take him back out

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: September 17, 2012 22:58

It seemed like The Jets just quit at the end of the game. They punted the ball down 17 points with only three minutes left.

Hard to tell this early in the season but if I had to pick a Superbowl winner now I would go with San Fran.

Date: September 17, 2012 23:08

FrankM
It seemed like The Jets just quit at the end of the game. They punted the ball down 17 points with only three minutes left.

Hard to tell this early in the season but if I had to pick a Superbowl winner now I would go with San Fran.

i basically agree. looks like they just gave up and felt safe to go 1-1 knowing the bills, dolphins and patriots were all 1-1 and the jets have the only division win giving them the lead for at least 1 week. pretty dumb and i have to wonder why the offensive play calling was so conservative this week compared to last week

Posted by: straycatdevil ()
Date: September 18, 2012 00:16

A Chargers Fan! Hell yes!

Date: September 18, 2012 01:54

oopps :
In Monday's meeting, the NFL gave Vilma a sworn affidavit from former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams that the New Orleans linebacker offered $10,000 to any teammate who knocked quarterback Brett Favre out of the January 2010 NFC Championship Game, a source with knowledge of the meeting told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

In the same affidavit, Williams confirmed the Saints had a pay-for-performance pool funded by the Saints players, the source said.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: September 18, 2012 02:32

So up for it right now,

Being outside the USA we get offered NFL Game Pass which allows us to watch any game + NFL Network, which I realise gets alot of criticism in the States, but hey ESPN international only show Sunday and Monday Nights, so we never get the early Sunday games in Australasia until this service became available.

$225 USD for the season, HD quality broadcasts... Not bad at all, I've just downgraded my premium sport package with my PayTV supplier across the season, to cover my costs, which even out sweetly.

Anyway Denver v Atlanta kicks off in an hour, can Peyton make it 2 in row, or will Roddy White and Matt Ryan explode over the Bronc's...we'll find out soon

Yep 27 - 21 Falcons 2-0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-18 07:44 by SKILLS.

Date: September 18, 2012 02:56

JUST saw the STONES promo for tonights game... AND IT LOOKED AWESOME!

They used "Hold onto your hat"...
had a cool Stones 50 logo along with some NFL highlights.

Game start in 35 minutes... if they use it start, it will be coolamundo

At some point it will be on youtube... [www.youtube.com]
(and I thank The Stones for being so easy going about youtube)

Here is some stock footage of the logo...

just for fun... saw this while looking...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-18 03:02 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 18, 2012 03:32

Man... that is just rude.
I am expecting rock and roll and they give us
"Peyton went down to Georgia" country crap?
That is just rude!

Date: September 18, 2012 03:33

Yeah... there was no Stones MNF intro.... what a crock of country crap.

Date: September 18, 2012 04:43

keefriffhard4life
oopps :
In Monday's meeting, the NFL gave Vilma a sworn affidavit from former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams that the New Orleans linebacker offered $10,000 to any teammate who knocked quarterback Brett Favre out of the January 2010 NFC Championship Game, a source with knowledge of the meeting told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

In the same affidavit, Williams confirmed the Saints had a pay-for-performance pool funded by the Saints players, the source said.

"It was a reiteration of what Gregg Williams has said before," Vilma's lawyer, Peter Ginsberg, told Breer during a Monday phone interview. "And it's just flat out wrong. We don't know what Gregg Williams' motivation is, what his motives are. But we know it's inconsistent with the truth. We know Jonathan previously and today told the commissioner the truth. And dozens of other players have provided the commissioner with the same information."

Ginsberg went on to say that the NFL has its own documentation that contradicts Williams' affidavit.

Vilma responded to the news of Williams' affidavit on Twitter, writing "The nfl has 1 affidavit saying i did it. I have NINE saying i didnt. Do the math. Hush haters."

Goodell must now show that the players had intent to injure, in order to impose further suspensions.

Something he can't and never will be able to prove.

Date: September 18, 2012 04:47

Remember, keefriffhard4life, an affidavit is not proof. Goodell's goose is cooked.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: September 18, 2012 05:18

Yep Goodell must be skating on very thin ice with certain owners, he has done more to bring the game into disrepute with his heavy handidness than was warranted buy the initial findings .

Goodell to work at Sunset In 'n" Out as a short order cook

Date: September 18, 2012 05:44

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Remember, keefriffhard4life, an affidavit is not proof. Goodell's goose is cooked.

how did they have that proof before when williams just signed this last week? williams will always be banned for life so its not like lying is going to help him get something

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 18, 2012 13:06

He said / she said, yeah that's always very reliable. eye rolling smiley

Date: September 18, 2012 14:27

Edith Grove
He said / she said, yeah that's always very reliable. eye rolling smiley

and this document signed last week has been allowed into court now as evidence.

Date: September 18, 2012 14:37

here is the document and it is grounds for player suspensions just due to gambling and accepting money not in a players contract. someone can find the rules of the CBA by the nfl players but i believe thats an automatic 4 game suspension not even taking into account what the money was being paid for:

[assets.espn.go.com]

Date: September 18, 2012 15:41

Goodell has "proof". Williams has "proof". So far Goodell's "proof" is 55,000 pages of nothing. Williams, who is a jerk, can say what he wants: it doesn't matter. A "sworn" affidavit, a affidavit, a laffatdavid - whatever, proves nothing. Because it's just words. A opinion.

Of which Goodell has already been burned, by his own.

Date: September 18, 2012 16:13

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Goodell has "proof". Williams has "proof". So far Goodell's "proof" is 55,000 pages of nothing. Williams, who is a jerk, can say what he wants: it doesn't matter. A "sworn" affidavit, a affidavit, a laffatdavid - whatever, proves nothing. Because it's just words. A opinion.

yup and the 0-2 saints with vilma now out for an odd reason seem to be getting the last laugh. that will teach goodell

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 18, 2012 16:25

Max'sKansasCity
JUST saw the STONES promo for tonights game... AND IT LOOKED AWESOME!

They used "Hold onto your hat"...
had a cool Stones 50 logo along with some NFL highlights.

Game start in 35 minutes... if they use it start, it will be coolamundo

At some point it will be on youtube... [www.youtube.com]
(and I thank The Stones for being so easy going about youtube)

Here is some stock footage of the logo...

just for fun... saw this while looking...

Also: Just before the the end of ESPN Sports Center (6am-7am EDT), for the highlights of the Monday night game, they played close to 30 seconds of "Hold On To Your Hat" after the host made a special reference to The Stones. If I'm not mistaken, the logo was in the bottom corner of the screen the entire time as well. Maybe someone here can tune in 5-10 minutes before the hour to see if they're doing it all morning... I'm already at the office so no option for me to try it at this point...

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: September 18, 2012 16:44

was is just me or did every time Manning threw the ball downfield the falcons intercepted? looks like an arm-strength issue. i bet Elway noticed.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 18, 2012 19:33

Natlanta
was is just me or did every time Manning threw the ball downfield the falcons intercepted? looks like an arm-strength issue. i bet Elway noticed.
Yeah,Peyton has lost a little off his fastball no doubt..........Best team in football right now? The Forty Niners!smileys with beer

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: September 19, 2012 04:45

keefriffhard4life
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

yup and the 0-2 saints with vilma now out for an odd reason seem to be getting the last laugh. that will teach goodell

Vilma's not out for a odd reason. The Saints playing poorly has nothing to do with Vilma but with Payton not being there. That's obvious. At some point the talent there will win a game. But the season is already done without the coach, that's obvious. Goodgell got his wish - to screw the Saints out of the possibility of hosting their own Super Bowl.

If this was the NY Giants this all would have gone away already.

There should be a bounty on Williams' head for $9999.99.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 19, 2012 05:12

sweetcharmedlife
.........Best team in football right now? The Forty Niners!smileys with beer

Damn straight.

But lets not get cocky.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 19, 2012 06:08

Seahawks spank Dallas. That was so much fun to be at this game.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: September 20, 2012 12:10

straycatdevil
A Chargers Fan! Hell yes!

smileys with beer

Date: September 21, 2012 04:07

Dont forget Thursday night football on NFL network... RIGHT NOW!

NEW YORK GIANTS
CAROLINA PANTHERS -3

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 21, 2012 04:15

gimmelittledrink - The Patriots owner and coaches idiotic?? Boy I would like tobe an idiot like Bob kraft and Bill Bellechik. Five Super Bowl appearances in the last ten years and possibly the best quarterback of all time. i can see you not liking them but your choice of words is very poor.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 21, 2012 04:25

What is up with the Dallas Cowboys anyways?? They have a ton of talented players and just can't seem to put it together. Looked great against NY and the dreadful against Seattle. Something is missing in that teams makeup. Early on the 49ers look like the best team but its a long season. It really has become a league that you can not go on what teams do week to week. New England and San Francisco are going to be in the Super Bowl that is my early prediction despite NE's poor performance against Arizona. Hey Arizona's defense looked really good to hold NE to 18 points at home is impressive it was not just bad play by New England sometimes you have to give the other team credit. Even Eli for beating them twice in the Super Bowl. Last year NY was a better team than NE but not 2007.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 41

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1416
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home