Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Live At The Checkerboard Lounge DVD & CD on preorder
Posted by: flairville ()
Date: April 19, 2012 00:15

Rolling Stones & Muddy Waters Live At The Checkerboard Lounge DVD & CD on preorder @ Play.com

Hi all,
Just noticed this at Play.com. Hopefully it's not a boot and a new official release.

[www.play.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-14 22:09 by bv.

Re: Rolling Stones & Muddy Waters Live At The Checkerboard Lounge DVD & CD on preorder @ Play.com
Date: April 19, 2012 01:00

That´s interesting. A bit weird with the release date, though. If it were an official release, they would probably have hold back a little on ANY marketing...

Re: Rolling Stones & Muddy Waters Live At The Checkerboard Lounge DVD & CD on preorder @ Play.com
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 19, 2012 01:18

Unusual to see a bootleg release listed so far in advance, though.

Released in the week of the band's 50th anniversary too - could well be another 'tie in' to commemorate it.

Its not really a Stones gig though, thats the thing (its a 35-minute guest appearance by just three of them).

Odd, to say the least.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: April 19, 2012 02:38

Not a Stones show, but utterly brilliant.

sc uk

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: April 19, 2012 03:45

My favorite part is when the boys are settling in to their seats and Keith whips out the blade to open the bottle of Jack or whatever.
If i remember it correctly he brings the bottle in to the place in a bag, can't twist the top of by hand so the switchblade pops out.
Then he takes a straight pull off the bottle before it goes to someone else.
'81 is about the last year i thought Keith was cool.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: April 19, 2012 05:33

sounds great.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 19, 2012 06:59

nellcote'71
My favorite part is when the boys are settling in to their seats and Keith whips out the blade to open the bottle of Jack or whatever.

It looks like Rebel Yell bourbon to me.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 19, 2012 09:38

This would be great.
jeroen

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: April 19, 2012 11:59

amazing performance. jagger a little bit shy when he jumped on stage but then he delivered very good. both richards and wood were very very good. what a show!
ciao

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 19, 2012 13:29

If they release this one officially, then it's terrific

But if it's just another bootleg DVD release; then save your money; and download the BEST version of this show, available here [www.hungercity.org]

It's an upgrade from all previous bootleg DVDs, made by mr. Falo.

...of course it's possible that the bootlegers copied that exact DVD torrent tho'

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: April 21, 2012 01:12

Jagger must really cringe to see what he was wearing for this authentic blues show LOL

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: April 21, 2012 01:25

Erik_Snow
If they release this one officially, then it's terrific

But if it's just another bootleg DVD release; then save your money; and download the BEST version of this show, available here [www.hungercity.org]

It's an upgrade from all previous bootleg DVDs, made by mr. Falo.

...of course it's possible that the bootlegers copied that exact DVD torrent tho'

seems not to be taken from my DVD, because this one here is PAL, while my DVD was NTSC.
of course they could have converted and reencoded it, but why should they do it ?

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: April 22, 2012 18:11

Now, restored from the original footage and with sound mixed and mastered by Bob Clearmountain, this amazing blues night is being made available in an official release for the first time.

Track List

DVD

1. Sweet Little Angel
2. Flip Flop And Fly
3. Muddy Waters Introduction
4. You Don’t Have To Go
5. Country Boy
6. Baby Please Don’t Go
7. Hoochie Coochie Man
8. Long Distance Call
9. Mannish Boy
10. Got My Mojo Working
11. Next Time You See Me
12. One Eyed Woman
13. Baby Please Don’t Go (Instrumental)
14. Blow Wind Blow
15. Champagne & Reefer

CD
TBC

[www.evo88.com]

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: April 22, 2012 18:25

Lien
Now, restored from the original footage and with sound mixed and mastered by Bob Clearmountain, this amazing blues night is being made available in an official release for the first time.

Track List

DVD

1. Sweet Little Angel
2. Flip Flop And Fly
3. Muddy Waters Introduction
4. You Don’t Have To Go
5. Country Boy
6. Baby Please Don’t Go
7. Hoochie Coochie Man
8. Long Distance Call
9. Mannish Boy
10. Got My Mojo Working
11. Next Time You See Me
12. One Eyed Woman
13. Baby Please Don’t Go (Instrumental)
14. Blow Wind Blow
15. Champagne & Reefer

CD
TBC

[www.evo88.com]

So do we believe this description that Bob Clearwater has remixed it for official release or is it just a bit of bandwagon jumping.
If it is indeed to be officially released,it would be very welcome.
I have like many of you on here got a fair few unofficial versions.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: April 22, 2012 18:31

It's got Eagle Rock as the label. Good enough for me.

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: April 22, 2012 18:48

Wow, if this is true...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 22, 2012 18:49

Lien
[www.evo88.com]

Terrific news

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 22, 2012 19:00

excellent news! Keith is so beautifully happy on that stage -
Next Time You See Me is especially hot

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 22, 2012 20:03

Wow!!! I guess one more token of those "lovely things"! grinning smiley Keep 'em coming! They damn well are able to surprise us... What a great year to be a Rolling Stones fan!

Actually releasing that gig so close to the real anniversary gig is a great way to honour and remind people where it all came from. A class act. thumbs up

- Doxa

Date: April 22, 2012 20:14

Damn. This will be a good release!

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: April 22, 2012 22:16

This is really a very nice surprise. I'm very much looking forward to it...

Date: April 22, 2012 22:45

great great great
jeroen

Date: April 23, 2012 17:26

Still notliested at Amazon.com or Amazon Uk, alsnonot listed as future releases in Holland.===
Jeroen

Date: April 23, 2012 17:35

Sorry for my incorrect spelling.
Its not listed with Amazon as a fuuture release, also not mentioned in Holland.
Is this strange, i dont know.
Hope i can get it in July
jeroen

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 23, 2012 18:31

That is a wonderful surprise. This is as good as it's going to get for us: with all the other concert DVD's we've been getting lately, the fantastic archive releases and now this...it's too good to be true. Apparently, when it rains--it pours.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 23, 2012 18:44

Interesting..if true!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 23, 2012 21:21

It is a brilliant show. Surely not one that I would guess to be released officialy, but the bigger and nicer surprise it is. The bootleg I have is quite poor when it comes to the picture and sound quallity, so I expect a huge improvement. I can't wait really.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 23, 2012 21:24

According to the evo88 site...the sound tracks on the DVD include Stereo and 5.1...that would be amazing. I don't have any copies of this show simply because I always saw that the quality available out there was so frustratingly poor.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: April 24, 2012 15:14

Stones in the Park is getting a UK blu ray release soon. Hopefully LSTNT won't be too far behind.

Date: April 24, 2012 16:58

Doxa
Wow!!! I guess one more token of those "lovely things"! grinning smiley Keep 'em coming! They damn well are able to surprise us... What a great year to be a Rolling Stones fan!

Actually releasing that gig so close to the real anniversary gig is a great way to honour and remind people where it all came from. A class act. thumbs up

- Doxa

Of course there will be some complaining about the mix, but this will be awesome! winking smiley

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1124
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home