Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Bernard Fowler, Darryl Jones, Tim Ries Celebrating Charlie Watts at the Blue Note in NY
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 9, 2022 07:34

Anyone else going? I just happen to be in NY so I'm in.

Bernard Fowler, Darryl Jones, Tim Ries, David Gilmore, and Gary Versace Celebrating Charlie Watts Monday 29 August 2022 and Tuesday 30 August 2022
Blue Note Jazz Club, New York (NYC), NY, US

Re: Bernard Fowler, Darryl Jones, Tim Ries Celebrating Charlie Watts at the Blue Note in NY
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 9, 2022 08:38

i would if i didn't live on the other side of the country and could afford it

but those that go please share what you experince with the rest of us

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-09 08:38 by ProfessorWolf.

Re: Bernard Fowler, Darryl Jones, Tim Ries Celebrating Charlie Watts at the Blue Note in NY
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 9, 2022 15:38

ProfessorWolf

I would if I didn’t live on the other side of the world!!

Rod

Date: August 9, 2022 17:35

ProfessorWolf

I am already there for Roger Waters and Jason Isbell shows so can do one of the two.

Well, do you think our resident remasterbaters can keep their hands where they belong? If I think they can it will shared.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 9, 2022 19:30

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-09 19:31 by schillid.

Date: August 9, 2022 23:40

daspyknows
ProfessorWolf

I am already there for Roger Waters and Jason Isbell shows so can do one of the two.

Well, do you think our resident remasterbaters can keep their hands where they belong? If I think they can it will shared.

i sure hope so for the sake of the group who won'the be there

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 10, 2022 18:32

I bought a bar stool ticket for the last night late night performance,
Not sure I can make it now, I may be out of town? confused smiley

Posted by: tony ()
Date: August 23, 2022 04:39

Are we expecting any surprise guests??

Date: August 30, 2022 00:45

Anyone else here?

Date: August 30, 2022 02:51

i am in spiritsmiling smiley

have fun

charlie!!!grinning smiley

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 30, 2022 03:29

Are those idiots yelling back and forth at each other on this board?

Date: August 30, 2022 14:00

How was it?

Date: August 30, 2022 16:55

DandelionPowderman
How was it?

First set I got there during first song (landed at 5:30 and accidentally got off subway at 14th instead of 4th)

Stuck back by bar surrounded by annoying people.

Music was good.

Second set got table seat almost in front of guitar player, much better.

That's it for me but I think the chances of Keith showing up are between slim and none so if that's anyone's motivation, do yourself (and the people around you who just want to enjoy the music) and stay home.

Posted by: ttutone ()
Date: August 30, 2022 17:23

I will be heading up to NYC for the 8:00 show on Wednesday. Looking forward to it!!

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: August 30, 2022 17:45

I have an extra pair of table seats for Wednesday late show. Will sell for cost - $103.97/pair.

Date: August 30, 2022 18:34

It was a lot of fun. Got a nice one of the early show. Did not have late show tickets and had plans afterwards. I didn't realize there were two shows when I bought tickets.

Here os the untracked mp3 I put up for a friend in the hospital.
[spaces.hightail.com]

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: August 30, 2022 18:58

daspyknows
It was a lot of fun. Got a nice one of the early show. Did not have late show tickets and had plans afterwards. I didn't realize there were two shows when I bought tickets.

[spaces.hightail.com]
Wow thumbs up
Thanks a lot

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: August 30, 2022 20:15

daspyknows

[spaces.hightail.com]

Thank you very much!
I hope your friend recovers well thumbs up

Posted by: RollstoDRSC ()
Date: August 31, 2022 15:31

Thank you very much!!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 31, 2022 20:10

Thanks for taping and sharing!
Best wishes for your friend!

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: August 31, 2022 21:16

Thank you so much!

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: September 1, 2022 09:01

Wild Horses from the 6th show up on my youtube Channel:

Wild Horses - Blue Note - 31st August 2022

mattleeuk

Posted by: albop ()
Date: September 1, 2022 09:29

Thank you much Matt! What equipment do you use to take your videos? (Zoom4N, IPhone, smartphone?)

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 1, 2022 12:49

mattleeuk
Wild Horses from the 6th show up on my youtube Channel:

Wild Horses - Blue Note - 31st August 2022

mattleeuk

Thanks for sharing! I didn't know that Gregoire Maret was involved in this project. It was very nice to listen to it!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 1, 2022 13:50

Snippet of Honky Tonk Women:

[www.YouTube.com]

Date: September 1, 2022 13:58

That was excellent. Charlie would have loved that one. Great thumbs up

Posted by: MizzAmandaJonez ()
Date: September 1, 2022 17:20

How cool they played a tribute in that fashion to Charlie - we all were so blessed he was in our lives.

Would be cool if there's a pro shot or soundboard released some day from this, I'll bet they nailed it, sorry I could'nt have been there, must have been special for those who were present.

CHELSKEITH

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: September 1, 2022 17:31

It would seem that there were no "surprise" guests as some had speculated?

HBK

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 1, 2022 18:05

It's been a very long time since there were special guests that Glimmered. That said, I'd love to know the set list(s). Glad a few of us were lucky enough to be there.

Date: September 1, 2022 20:14

FULL REPORT

I found some decent prices to go to NYC for a few days, see Roger Waters @ MSG (only went to NYC & MSG first time May look for any excuse to go back), and then found out about the Charlie Watts tributes at the Blue Note, best options 8pm & 10:30 first night assuming no travel snafus but was ready to sacrifice a Roger Waters show if I had to. Everything went smoothly ontime and landed at LaGuardia 5:30pm. After finding my midtown hotel that gave me about an hour to find food and a dispensary and get to the other end of the island.

Backtrack a few days, I went to the This Ain't No Picnic festival in Brookside Park Pasadena on Saturday because I just wanted to see Circle Jerks and Jorja Smith. Outside someone sells me 2 day pass for $80. I really had no idea who was playing 2nd day but the people transferring the tickets says "Be sure to see Sparks tomorrow" WTF, got shut out of their February show because I was vaxxed but not boosted. And Mike Watt & Missingmen, Margaritas Podridas, Tinashe, headlined by The Strokes. So of course I have to go back the 2nd day even though I have a 7am flight and not packed yet.

Get off at 14th street (by memory) then look at my phone and realize I was supposed to get off at 4th and immediately start walking in the wrong direction. After walking in circles thru the village enjoying dispensary treats on 2 hours sleep and Artichoke Basile pizza come rolling up to the front door at 8:10. It had just started and the door said "We're sold out." I could see inside and said "C'mon you gotta have room for just one more" so he charged me $30 and said to stand by the bar.

It was just the first song, couldn't see the stage, immediately a couple by the back window really wants to be friends and it's just blah blah blah but I am able to gradually inch closer. Tim starts to tell a Charlie story but it's quiet enough inside now that it just encourages more chatter. The arrangements were interesting, eventually the talkers bailed out and that was that.

First set:

Honky Tonk Women
Lady Jane
Caravan
Wild Horses
Miss You
A Change Is Gonna Come (Bernard really shined on this)
Satisfaction

about 70-75 mins

To be honest, Bernard's backing vocals grate when they are mixed high but he is an excellent lead vocalist in this setting.

The people around me were annoying enough and I was semi-conscious so I was wondering if it was worth it to see the 2nd show.

Check with box office, 2nd show sold out.

Hit the line and someone sells me a table seat. Meet more cool people. See Alyssa.

When they start seating I am saying how terrible the bar experience is and I get seated 2nd chair from front in front of guitar player. They sell coffee,`and I have half a B12 energy shot. 2nd set much better, can hear everything clearly, see the interaction between the musicians better and the crowd was thoroughly engaged and enjoying the music. Guest percussionist on Miss You that added a lot of depth.

Tim always mentions how this set is endorsed by Charlie Watts, Charlie is the only one who comes to see them and would sometimes join them

The guitarist is working with about 6 inches of floor space and everyone enters thru the crowd and up little tiny steps to the stage. Look at that and I just know, no chance of any "special guests." Yeah whoever shows up just because they think Keith might be there and just blah blah blah deserves to be disappointed but should be tossed out the 2nd start they start to bother the people around them.

Jazz shows are typically 2 sets with intermission but unfortunately NYC jazz clubs sell them as separate tickets. (Went to some shows at Village Vanguard in May)

2nd night set:

Honky Tonk Women
All Or Nothing At All
Wild Horses
Miss You
Little Red Rooster
Satisfaction
Ruby Tuesday

Fun first night in NYC, more fun nights at the Garden for my 2nd&3rd 2022 Roger Waters shows which was amazing the first time but by the third time the solo material and new songs really start to drag.

Going upstate for a few days then on to Maine then back to NYC and on to Denver.

Let's see reports/setlists/audio/video from the other nights too!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1412
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home