Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: The Killers
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 20, 2022 23:23

Killers kicked off their North American tour last night in Vancouver, really good show. Excellent light show and a very energetic sold out crowd.
Opening act was Johnny Marr, who was the guitarist for The Smiths, actually I'd never heard of him before. He came on later and did two songs with the band towards the end of the show. Brandon Flowers said he got into The Smiths music over covid. He's a really great front man and his voice sounds great in concert, just like on record.
Not a huge Killers fan so I only recognized 3 of the songs, Somebody Told Me, Things That I've Done and the finale Mr. Brightside. Younger crowd, lots of 20 somethings, many standing the whole show and many singing along to alot of the songs. Lots of alcohol being sold at the show, beer were $10.50 CDN so a little over $8 US. Not sure what alcohol costs in US venues?
Bought my tickets in July 2021 so a long wait! My ticket was in the lower bowl end zone and was only $75 so a good deal. I will definitely see them when they come again. They're in Seattle tonight and Portland tomorrow night!

Re: OT: The Killers
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 21, 2022 00:20

I love Are We Human.And I like their remix of Scarlet

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: August 21, 2022 02:34

Killers put on great shows heading downunderlater this year .Well worth a look.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 21, 2022 03:25

GlamRox reckons The Kills are way better

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 21, 2022 07:52

Not my thing, but they’re a hell of a live band. I saw them back around the time Mr Brightside came out. Worth catching once for sure!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 21, 2022 11:21

Hot Fuss, Sams Town and Day & Age are all excellent albums. Hot Fuss - their debut - is still a particular favourite. I would say they meant a fair bit to me during my NME-reading phase, whereby I’d soak-up all the newest indie and alternative-rock acts.

I didn’t purchase their fourth album, Battle Born, upon release, but downloaded it a few years ago. It’s good, but didn’t connect with me the same way as the first three did.

It’s pleading to see that they’re still out there, producing music and performing live. I have no idea what their most-recent music sounds like, though. I’m content in sticking with Hot Fuss. That’s ‘my’ Killers!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 21, 2022 13:32

Rockman

thumbs up

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 22, 2022 05:38

Well I see they changed up the setlist in Seattle compared to opening night in Van. Johnny Marr joined them onstage again but they played different songs and he stayed on for Mr. Brightside!

Date: August 23, 2022 02:08

Love that band. Brandon is a great frontman and singer. Drummer too.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 23, 2022 10:36

Brandon Flowers’ solo debut, Flamingo, is rather good. The single, Crossfire, got a lot of airplay, reaching #8 on the U.K. chart.

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: August 24, 2022 00:45

I like them a lot!
Saw them live here in Dominican Republic. I think it was in 2009
Awesome show.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: August 24, 2022 05:45

crholmstrom
Rockman

thumbs up

thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1300
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home