Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Aftermath of the Rolling Stones' Drug Trial (1967)
Posted by: gagiwh ()
Date: August 20, 2022 00:21

The Rolling Stones' drug raid in February 1967 and the subsequent drug trial in June of that year is a well-known chapter of pop culture from the 60s. How did the music scene, and society in general, react to their drug sentences? Watch and find out...

[www.youtube.com]

Re: The Aftermath of the Rolling Stones' Drug Trial (1967)
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 20, 2022 02:45

I just want to post this "The Aftermath of the Rolling Stones' Drug Trial (1967):

I'm really impressed by this YouTube channel "Yesterdays Papers", they put a lot of know how in it and great videos and pictures.

Most of all I already know...except the part of A L Oldham didn't know this was the reason of the split with the Stones........................

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 20, 2022 19:17

NICOS
I just want to post this "The Aftermath of the Rolling Stones' Drug Trial (1967):

I'm really impressed by this YouTube channel "Yesterdays Papers", they put a lot of know how in it and great videos and pictures.

Most of all I already know...except the part of A L Oldham didn't know this was the reason of the split with the Stones........................

1967 was a painful year for innocent young people. Dirty eagles flying around to try and kill harmless doves. But really, nothing has changed. When you consider yourself a peace loving dove, watch out. Luckily many of those eagles were destroyed on the way to today. grinning smiley
Don’t overlook “yesterday’s papers”. They can teach a lot winking smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: August 21, 2022 09:10

gagiwh
The Rolling Stones' drug raid in February 1967 and the subsequent drug trial in June of that year is a well-known chapter of pop culture from the 60s. How did the music scene, and society in general, react to their drug sentences? Watch and find out...

[www.youtube.com]

Three observations:

1. I'd really like to know who "Yesterday's Papers" is. Consistently well produced, good content stuff. If you're on iorr and reading this... reveal yourself!

2. There's a 100-ish page book "Rolling Stones File" published by Panther (too old for an ISBN, and it doesn't even have a date in it) that's ALL about this. Long sections are transcripts from the trial and the Appeal.

3. The News of The World no longer exists, but The Rolling Stones keep going!

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 21, 2022 09:27

dis one ??? .........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 21, 2022 20:58

As an American I feel I'm catching up on British Pop in the Sixties through Yesterday's Papers. Melody Maker never quite caught on in the States though I remember seeing copies of it in the early 70s. It was much better than Rolling Stone, just like Mojo, another British publication, is much better today.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: August 22, 2022 01:19

Rockman

dis one ??? .........

Indeed it is. I'm more than impressed. For decades I thought I was the only person who had preserved a copy of it.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2101
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home