Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
OT : Liam Gallagher leaves the stage in a french festival after 20 minutes
Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: July 9, 2022 13:35

He left the stage with his band after few notes at the beginning.
The mike was replaced twice.
Insults to the soundboard guys.
And bye, bye.
The crowd was furious (25,000 people)

(Beauregard Festival, Normandy)

[www.youtube.com]

Re: OT : Liam Gallagher leaves the stage in a french festival after 20 minutes
Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 9, 2022 13:47

Sound seems to be okay (except for Liam's traditional out of key singing - there is nothing a mic can do to that).

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 9, 2022 13:51

Papo
Sound seems to be okay (except for Liam's traditional out of key singing - there is nothing a mic can do to that).

I’ve seen him solo twice. And 5 times with Oasis.
Never did he sing out of tune.
I understand not liking the man, but that has got nothing to do with his singing.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 9, 2022 14:04

I would have taken 20 minutes of Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. They cancelled 15 minutes before set time as Alison Krauss had the "flu".

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 9, 2022 14:17

BowieStone
Papo

I’ve seen him solo twice. And 5 times with Oasis.
Never did he sing out of tune.
I understand not liking the man, but that has got nothing to do with his singing.

I like most of the songs, but to my ears Liam can't hold any note steady and is singing out of tune. I have nothing against him personally. It's the same with Anthony Kiedis. Both at least slightly out of tune all the time.
I mean, even on the studio recording of Wonderwall he is so off!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 9, 2022 14:42

Liam's one of those singers that Dylan call 'people with funny voices' (like himself) and that I find extremely personal, distinctive and fascinating. The people winning Voice of America or whatever are something else and damn boring to my ears, and mostly belonging to elevators with their non-characteric, 'perfect' , highly technical voices.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-09 14:44 by Doxa.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: July 9, 2022 14:49

He has done this at least 4 times before for various reasons, it's becoming a habit. It's some kind of issue with his ego, don't know any other artist who regularly leaves the stage cause they don't feel like performing.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: July 9, 2022 15:01

Doxa
Liam's one of those singers that Dylan call 'people with funny voices' (like himself) and that I find extremely personal, distinctive and fascinating. The people winning Voice of America or whatever are something else and damn boring to my ears, and mostly belonging to elevators with their non-characteric, 'perfect' , highly technical voices.

- Doxa

Man, the 90’s featured a few unique rock voices: Cobain, Cornell, Vedder, Staley, Mascis, Corgan, Lanegan, Yorke…
All immediately recognizable. I know I’m forgetting tons…

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: July 9, 2022 15:07

yeababyyea
He has done this at least 4 times before for various reasons, it's becoming a habit. It's some kind of issue with his ego, don't know any other artist who regularly leaves the stage cause they don't feel like performing.

At least 2 times in Japan. 2000 and 2002.
Then Noel sang instead of him.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 9, 2022 15:20

Just unprofessional ego sh*t?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 9, 2022 15:26

MAF

Exactly !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 9, 2022 16:01

"The tour was fraught with tension, mainly between myself and Oasis’s ignorant, loud-mouthed, and obnoxious lead singer, Liam Gallagher. This clown had accidentally stumbled into the high life, courtesy of his talented older brother, Noel Gallagher. The limelight of popularity Liam basked in had evidently uncaged a monster, one without teeth or claws, but a small, irritating monster nonetheless. Success looked to have unleashed his inherent narcissism, his look-at-me-ism, his transparent deep-rooted insecurity. I couldn’t believe someone hadn’t beaten, knifed, or shot him to death by now, such was the reckless, witless, and despotic nature of his insufferable facade. Where I was from, a person wouldn’t last a week behaving as he did. I had never encountered anyone with a larger head or tinier balls. Liam Gallagher was an obvious poser, a would-be playground bully. Like all bullies, he was also a total pussy. Always with the big @#$%& mouth as long as he was safely wrapped in the wet-nurse security blanket of the company of the two tall, rotund dudes paid to protect him, and, I assumed, suffer his endless stream of bullshit. This arrogant, spoiled, wounded baby Gallagher was so full of himself that I could not put anything past him. He was so rude to Neil (Young) I wanted to punch him out. It was one thing to be a prick to me, but how dare that son of a bitch be rude to Neil? This made my hatred grow to epic proportions and gave me all the more reason and resolve to kick Liam’s @#$%& ass."

A little excerpt from the whole chapter devoted to Liam Gallagher in Mark Lanegan's memoirs.

Date: July 9, 2022 16:27

The Worst.
"The tour was fraught with tension, mainly between myself and Oasis’s ignorant, loud-mouthed, and obnoxious lead singer, Liam Gallagher. This clown had accidentally stumbled into the high life, courtesy of his talented older brother, Noel Gallagher. The limelight of popularity Liam basked in had evidently uncaged a monster, one without teeth or claws, but a small, irritating monster nonetheless. Success looked to have unleashed his inherent narcissism, his look-at-me-ism, his transparent deep-rooted insecurity. I couldn’t believe someone hadn’t beaten, knifed, or shot him to death by now, such was the reckless, witless, and despotic nature of his insufferable facade. Where I was from, a person wouldn’t last a week behaving as he did. I had never encountered anyone with a larger head or tinier balls. Liam Gallagher was an obvious poser, a would-be playground bully. Like all bullies, he was also a total pussy. Always with the big @#$%& mouth as long as he was safely wrapped in the wet-nurse security blanket of the company of the two tall, rotund dudes paid to protect him, and, I assumed, suffer his endless stream of bullshit. This arrogant, spoiled, wounded baby Gallagher was so full of himself that I could not put anything past him. He was so rude to Neil (Young) I wanted to punch him out. It was one thing to be a prick to me, but how dare that son of a bitch be rude to Neil? This made my hatred grow to epic proportions and gave me all the more reason and resolve to kick Liam’s @#$%& ass."

A little excerpt from the whole chapter devoted to Liam Gallagher in Mark Lanegan's memoirs.

Perfect !! Liam Gallagher the total a**hole !!

Date: July 9, 2022 16:28

paulywaul
The Worst.

Perfect !! Liam Gallagher the total a**hole !!

A talentless a**hole at that !!

Posted by: calipachangero ()
Date: July 9, 2022 18:38

daspyknows
I would have taken 20 minutes of Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. They cancelled 15 minutes before set time as Alison Krauss had the "flu".

Hope she recovers in time for next saturdays jazzopen in Stuttgart.

Concerning Liam,forget this imbecil, take Noel instead. Better group with the flying birds and less obnoxious.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 9, 2022 19:04

@liamgallagher: Apologies to everyone who came out to Festival Bureaugard last night, I was so disappointed to have to cut the set short. I have been diagnosed today with laryngitis and am on Doctors orders to get some rest. Unfortunately that means I have to cancel my upcoming show in Cognac…

@liamgallagher: I never want to let anyone down am really sorry for any disappointment but I have to put my health first LG x

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 9, 2022 19:15

Ahhh heck Liam is gonna be fine. Great singer, great legacy and a little throat trouble. He usually comes prepared and generally rocks the show…and nobody dozes off during Fool To Cry

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: July 9, 2022 19:21

He needs help MD wise.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: July 9, 2022 22:17

paulywaul
MAF

Exactly !!

He couldn’t figure out where his blankie and bah bah was. What a useless little spoiled child.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-09 22:28 by Cooltoplady.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: July 10, 2022 00:37

I saw Oasis in 3 small shows in 96(2) and in 2002(1), and they were INCREDIBLE!

Say what you want about Liam (idiot, etc.), but he's no different than anyone who's not been told "No." recently. When he got on stage with Oasis, he knew how to work the room and to lead a really good band. Sure, Oasis was a lot Noel (so gifted!) until Gem Archer & Andy Bell came on board, but they were a really good band that, at their peak, rivalled anyone. Afterward, you can see than none add up to the sum of the parts....

Funny how folks on IORR love to bash any artist that is not the Rolling Stones.

Go watch the Oasis Knebworth shows from 1996. Magical.

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 10, 2022 00:59

The Worst.

Mark Lanegan? I’m aware of him, but he’s somewhat unknown in the U.K. Liam and Oasis were household names in the U.K. during the 90’s. Their personality and music are part of my childhood. Great memories. I attended Oasis’ final U.K. show at Wembley Stadium: beer, cocaine and sheer madness. Utterly wasted and mad for it. Liam and Oasis weren’t too bad, either. Cheers thumbs up

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 10, 2022 01:01

Liam has been diagnosed with laryngitis and has had to cancel a bunch of shows.

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-10 01:02 by Topi.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 10, 2022 01:27

Mark Lanegan died earlier this year ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 10, 2022 01:45

I loved Lanegan, but he’s no one to talk about another’s behaviour.
I saw Oasis 5 times between 95-97. They were special gigs and special times.
Liam can definitely sing, you might not like his voice but he can deliver a tune.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 10, 2022 02:21

Respect for Mark Lanegan (RIP), but he comes across as a whiner... a real cry baby...
And as talented as he might have been, he never came close to the receiving the same appreciation or accolades as Liam.
Whatever triggered Lanegan to such an extreme, it all comes across as sour grapes...and he devoted an entire chapter to moaning about Liam?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 10, 2022 02:27

I'm sure I would have left after 10 or 15 minutes so I wouldn't even have known!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 10, 2022 04:53

Hairball
Respect for Mark Lanegan (RIP), but he comes across as a whiner... a real cry baby...
And as talented as he might have been, he never came close to the receiving the same appreciation or accolades as Liam.
Whatever triggered Lanegan to such an extreme, it all comes across as sour grapes...and he devoted an entire chapter to moaning about Liam?

He was bitter till the end mostly, he did I believe apologize to one of the Conners brothers after the book was released. I know he was a great singer and wrote great words, but without Lee Conners songs that’s all he was a guy with a voice and some words. The follow up book “devil in a coma” is an interesting read. The guy basically killed himself with his behaviour and knew it. He’s be alive today if he listened to the Dr’s. But he was what he was till the end. His own man warts n all. Just like Liam.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: July 10, 2022 09:21

treaclefingers
I'm sure I would have left after 10 or 15 minutes so I wouldn't even have known!

Haha classic line smoking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 10, 2022 09:48

yeababyyea
He has done this at least 4 times before for various reasons, it's becoming a habit. It's some kind of issue with his ego

The word "habit" is well-chosen.I betcha he couldn't wait to go back to his loge or his hotel and get his nose stuffed so he cancelled that annoying event called "a concert".
If you read interviews by pro musicians, guys who've been pros for 2 or 3 decades you notice some of them admit that - after all these years - the gig is less important than the post-gig party.

"Liam has been diagnosed with laryngitis and has had to cancel a bunch of shows"
Laryngitis? Or too much blow?

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 10, 2022 09:48

I worked with a guy who told me his father saw the Doors once, well sort of.
They introduced them “ Ladies and Gentlemen from Los Angeles California-The Doors!!!

The band began playing, Morrison staggered out from backstage kept walking until he went off the end of the stage and crash landed into the orchestra pit. That was it, shows over.

After a good laugh visualizing that I told him” I have to be honest,I would’ve paid $500 dollars to see that.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2063
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home