Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Is their logo the true long-term future of the $tones?
Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: July 25, 2022 19:59

There seem to be a lot of (younger) people who wear Stones gear without seemingly even being aware who the band are - hard though it is to believe. (And sacrilege too ;-)

Do you think there'll ever come a time when they (or their descendants) make more cash from monetising the famous lapping tongue on clothes and other merchandise than from music and streaming sales?

Re: Is their logo the true long-term future of the $tones?
Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: July 25, 2022 20:55

I worry that all their new album recordings are going to go into the vault so that their great-great-grandchildren will have some dough.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 25, 2022 20:56

One day they'll just throw up a hologram of the Stones in their prime, and people will pay to watch it. They'll blur out Bill of course.

Date: July 25, 2022 20:58

I'd be very surprised in the next few years if they don't jump all over the ABBA idea of a 'virtual concert experience'

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 25, 2022 23:23

tomcat2006
I'd be very surprised in the next few years if they don't jump all over the ABBA idea of a 'virtual concert experience'

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

PLEASE NO

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 25, 2022 23:28

Hopefully there won't be any more kinds of BANG/NO FILTER/60 logos - horrible!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 25, 2022 23:31

tomcat2006

Of course they will as it will be a steady flow of income for eternity.
And like a visit to Disneyland, fans will always be able to relive the nostalgia.

From musicradar.com:

Mick Jagger talks ABBA Voyage show and AI technology: “you can do a lot of musical stuff with not very complicated computerisation”
By Ben Rogerson

Could The Rolling Stones be providing virtual satisfaction for decades to come?

The Rolling Stones might still be rocking, but lead singer Mick Jagger hasn’t ruled out the possibility
of his band becoming a virtual entity in the vein of ABBA at some point in the future.

Full story: Virtual Stones

Date: July 25, 2022 23:42

Hairball
tomcat2006

And like a visit to Disneyland, fans will always be able to relive the nostalgia.

From musicradar.com:

Mick Jagger talks ABBA Voyage show and AI technology: “you can do a lot of musical stuff with not very complicated computerisation”
By Ben Rogerson

The Rolling Stones might still be rocking, but lead singer Mick Jagger hasn’t ruled out the possibility
of his band becoming a virtual entity in the vein of ABBA at some point in the future.

wow and people complain because bill's not with them anymore

wait till none of them are really there anymore

and they replace mick and keith with photons

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-25 23:43 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: July 25, 2022 23:45

24FPS
One day they'll just throw up a hologram of the Stones in their prime, and people will pay to watch it. They'll blur out Bill of course.

They could create hologram versions of specific tours which were spectacles to begin with. Like the Bridges To Babylon-tour would be cool to have recreated with all the visuals and members made to look in their 50s. Unreleased live recordings from the tour could be used as soundtrack.

For all the younger fans who never got to see the biggest tours this would be the next best thing.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 25, 2022 23:53

24FPS

lol...good one

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 25, 2022 23:53

ProfessorWolf
Hairball
tomcat2006

From musicradar.com:

By Ben Rogerson

On the bright side, they'll be able to reinstate Bill, as well as Mick Taylor and Brian. And Charlie. Even Ian Stewart, Bobby Keys, Nicky Hopkins,
Ian McLagan, Billy Preston, and every other musician that's been involved with the band throughout it's entire history can take the stage.
Talk about a SUPERGROUP!!! Virtual as it may be, it could be a show for the ages....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-26 00:06 by Hairball.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: July 26, 2022 00:18

Virtual holidays are on the way, surely virtual Stones will come one day. I don't worry about it, 'cause I'll be gone then for a long time. The Tongue will always be there, it's chic now.

Date: July 26, 2022 01:08

Hairball
ProfessorWolf
Hairball
tomcat2006

From musicradar.com:

By Ben Rogerson

On the bright side, they'll be able to reinstate Bill, as well as Mick Taylor and Brian. And Charlie. Even Ian Stewart, Bobby Keys, Nicky Hopkins,
Ian McLagan, Billy Preston, and every other musician that's been involved with the band throughout it's entire history can take the stage.
Talk about a SUPERGROUP!!! Virtual as it may be, it could be a show for the ages....

right but bobby, billy, the ian's, nicky, brian and charlie are dead

there unique musical skills are gone and can't be just reproduced for some cheap novelty light show

it feels wrong to me they can't consent to this extreme use of there image and legacy it just seems disrespectful

if they insist on something like this i'd rather they figure out a way of using virtual reality to allow people to watch and experience there archived concerts from a first person perspective

i'd much rather be able to put on some goggles and headphones and become part of the audience watching them at msg in 69 or the r&r circus or atlantic city 89 or the royal albert hall in 65 or the marquee club in 63

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: July 26, 2022 01:47

tomcat2006
There seem to be a lot of (younger) people who wear Stones gear without seemingly even being aware who the band are - hard though it is to believe. (And sacrilege too ;-)

Do you think there'll ever come a time when they (or their descendants) make more cash from monetising the famous lapping tongue on clothes and other merchandise than from music and streaming sales?

Somewhere in the early 2000s people started wearing band shirts without any interest in the band. Ramones & Stones shirts seemed amongst the 2 most popular ones. I agree it’s sacrilege!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 26, 2022 03:04

Ramones have sold more shirts than they have albums! I remember seeing a Ramone's shirt at Walmart several years ago and was tempted to buy it. Have bought 3 different Stones shirts at Walmart over the past few years.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 26, 2022 12:00

EasterMan

They could create hologram versions of specific tours which were spectacles to begin with.

No hologram, as it's the wrong term in this context. The ABBA-Show is no hologram - it's simply a computer-generated 3D-animation (like a Pixar movie), displayed on a flat-screen.

Specific versions of tours - this could work as an Augmented Reality (AR) show. It'll need an headset (more looking like glasses) - but you would be able to watch the show in real-time and 3D from your own perspective. It would require a lot of computing power and a headset (AR-glasses) for each attendee - but technically it should be feasible in the future. They could partly re-create the stage, the lights, etc in real - and the rest (especially the Band) would come from the computer. Since it's Augmented Reality it's split half virtual / half real. Just an idea.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: July 26, 2022 14:36

I think with ABBA its different because they havent performed as a group in over 40 years and generations of people havent had the chance to see them. So a 'hologram' show is as close to a real concert as fans can get. Now with the Stones they've been performing longer than anyone can remember, and everybody has the chance to see them every 5 years or so. So who needs a hologram show when the real thing is still around? You're not going to get Mick saying funny things in your language about current events or Keith messing up or throwing out a brilliant solo you didnt expect

Date: July 26, 2022 15:55

NilsHolgersson

So who needs a hologram show when the real thing is still around?

In the upcoming years, when the Stones aren't around anymore. For instance younger generations of fans who couldn't attend the El Mocambo concert in 1977. Now they could re-live it virtually (e.g. by AR).

Date: July 26, 2022 16:04

Irix
NilsHolgersson

So who needs a hologram show when the real thing is still around?

In the upcoming years, when the Stones aren't around anymore. For instance younger generations of fans who couldn't attend the El Mocambo concert in 1977. Now they could re-live it virtually (e.g. by AR).

Well it's not as if most people around the world who want to see them, can actually go to a show, even now.

Date: July 26, 2022 16:10

There're a lot of Stones-Tribute-Bands. They have demand even when the original Stones are on Tour. So if the people wanna see Tribute-Bands, why then not such a virtual show as well?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-26 19:50 by Irix.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: July 26, 2022 19:37

Same thing for the Grateful Dead and their Steal Your Face logo.
Teens & tweens wear it with no clue about the band.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 26, 2022 20:09

tomcat2006

Really? Do you think the Stones would do that? Mick would laugh in your face please don’t demoralize them like that. The Stones want to play live until they drop.

Date: July 26, 2022 20:15

More Hot Rocks

The Stones want to play live until they drop.

But after that they might continue virtually.

Date: July 26, 2022 20:20

Irix
More Hot Rocks

Yes, I meant that they'd sign up to provide the virtual show after the real live touring stops. On the strength of seeing them in Brussels & London a couple of weeks back, they still have some juice in the tanks, I'm happy to say

Date: July 26, 2022 21:15

Irix
More Hot Rocks

I virtually agree with you.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: August 9, 2022 17:02

treaclefingers
Irix
More Hot Rocks

I virtually agree with you.

I, really live, disagree.

There are so very, very many recordings both studio and live, that any fan loving the music of the Rolling Stones could be happy for ever, even next generations.
For those who are in desperate need of seeing them perform, again, there are some many recordings, documentaries, etc. etc., after they have moved to the after life, that "vitual Stones" won't be needed.
I, for instance, prefer to watch Presley's Hawaii DVD a thousand times more than the current documentary/musical or whatever you want to name it. Nothing against the actor doing Elvis, but really ... it sucks.

Long live the Rolling Stones ... alive.

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Date: August 9, 2022 17:10

Do they earn money with the logo at the moment? Seems like every outlet is designing tongue shirts these days

Date: August 9, 2022 20:35

PaintMonkeyManBlack

Do they earn money with the logo at the moment?

Probably a little bit due to license fees (when commercially used by others) since the T&L-logo is a registered trademark.

Date: August 9, 2022 20:55

georgie48

For those who are in desperate need of seeing them perform, again, there are some many recordings, documentaries, etc. etc., after they have moved to the after life, that "vitual Stones" won't be needed.

Imagine a club-show where everything is real except the Stones themself. They would be virtual, but in life-size, in 3D and 360°.

Watching a concert at home on "DVD" is not the same as watching a live-show with others.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: August 9, 2022 22:40

Nope.It’s their legacy comprising recordings and live performance,that and the way they influenced twentieth century culture and life style

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2005
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home