Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Who went to the Voodoo Lounge Concert?
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: August 27, 2012 19:13

30 June 1995 ?
WOW ! How could I have missed that one ....Nah , I saw them in Montpellier ,France .

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: August 27, 2012 23:58

Voodoo gave us the great Brixton and Amsterdam concerts. I attended Hockenheim and Mannheim. When driving from Hockenheim to Mannheim I could see the Mannheim stage beeing built up. I prefer the Babylon tour though.

Posted by: MJRocksoff ()
Date: August 28, 2012 03:33

This was my first Stones concert!!! Vet Stadium in Philadelphia! The first of many, at 28 shows since!

Eric

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: August 28, 2012 04:04

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: August 28, 2012 05:45

windmelody
Voodoo gave us the great Brixton and Amsterdam concerts. I attended Hockenheim and Mannheim. When driving from Hockenheim to Mannheim I could see the Mannheim stage beeing built up. I prefer the Babylon tour though.

We must have passed on the highway. Coming from USA we had tickets from the tour in Berlin. When picking them up at the Kempinski Hotel. Also where we amazingly stayed and found the Stone there as well. The ticket desk on the second floor asked if we wanted Hockenheim tickets as well.

obviously accepting the gesture, he handed me tickets, back stage (iron on green and purple back stage passes and a parking pass.

Needless to say my wife and I were tripin by this time. On the drive to the H-Ring we also spotted the building of the Mannheim stage across a big field from the highway.

We drove over and ended up staying in the downtown square. Driving and tailgating at the Hock show. After that it was back to Meinz where my wife’s ant's and uncle's live.

Greatest Trip Ever!

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: August 28, 2012 05:53

I saw the boys in Toronto, Ontario and Vancouver,
BC during the Voodoo Lounge,,,just a note I loved
all those 17 different t's on sale!

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: August 28, 2012 06:52

Hey you're so right, the Rose Bowl is in my view a tad too big for a concert. we had reasonable seats but looking around the statium I remember thinking why would you bother going just to see some ant sized people on stage. I remember looking out for celebrities at that gig and was convinced i saw Jason Alexander in a hospitality area!

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: August 28, 2012 07:09

I attended two of them.
Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego 10/17/94 and Rose Bowl in Pasadena 10/19.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 28, 2012 15:48

Two of the 3 Wembley shows in 95.

And Brixton Academy.

I couldn't get a ticket for the 3rd and last night of Wembley. More than anything I wanted to hear them play Monkey Man which they had been doing on the tour. But it was not to be.

I lived a tube train stop away from Wembley and went home, opened the window of my 4th floor flat and heard sounds floating over the breeze from Wembley. And to my amazement I was able to make out the strains of Money Man.

But luckily I got to see them play it at Brixton a few days later.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 28, 2012 16:21

Columbia SC
2nd Atlanta show

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 28, 2012 16:34

3 Rivers Stadium
Pittsburgh, Pa

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 28, 2012 16:46

Silver Dagger

And Brixton Academy.

I couldn't get a ticket for the 3rd and last night of Wembley. More than anything I wanted to hear them play Monkey Man which they had been doing on the tour. But it was not to be.

I lived a tube train stop away from Wembley and went home, opened the window of my 4th floor flat and heard sounds floating over the breeze from Wembley. And to my amazement I was able to make out the strains of Money Man.

Screw Wembley SD, Brixton was the highlight...

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: August 28, 2012 17:18

His Majesty
First and only stones gig, Wembley 1995... the initial buzz of seeing them wore off soon enough and I felt quite bored.

It was not The Rolling Stones really.

All I can say is you can't of been anywhere near the front! I was at 2 Wembley shows 11th & 16th it was the week before I turned 18. They were my first Stones shows and both were totally awesome!

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 28, 2012 17:54

Munichhilton
Silver Dagger

And Brixton Academy.

Screw Wembley SD, Brixton was the highlight...

It was amazing Munich. And thank God it was filmed, professionally too I hear. Were you there?

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: August 28, 2012 18:11

Cleveland, August 1994
Lenny Kravitz opened

Sunday night, I believe, was the reason for somewhat poor attendance. Thunderstorms were predicted, and it was overcast with lightning all night. My first Stones concert.

Posted by: thumbprint ()
Date: August 28, 2012 18:27

Denver, Las Vegas & Salt Lake City. Had a blast at all three.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home