Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: OT RIP Neil Armstrong
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: August 27, 2012 11:05

He was the best .

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: August 27, 2012 11:16

RIP Mr. Armstrong. What a life!

Re: why didn't they go there more often? Maybe it was the cost of things? Maybe it was the fact they were extremely lucky that they always got to and fro in a time window in which there were no major solar eruptions happening, and they realized it was not worth to risk one hitting a spacecraft and the bad press that would have come from it, with public interest already having moved on?

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: August 27, 2012 11:38

Edith Grove
SonicDreamer
I wonder if NA has left a statement behind regarding what they REALLY saw above and on the moon, the spaceships and the large non-natural structures already there?

SonicD

First I've heard of this.

Care to share some details ?

I first came across this information in the 1990s, from various sources. I'm reticent to point you in any particular directions online as I have no idea what is genuine and what is not concerning the wider spread of information available. A good deal of it is maligned by a "conspiracy theory" approach or immature sensationalism.

Dr. Stephen Greer is one reliable source -

The Disclosure Project

You may like to check out George Adamski's books:
Flying Saucers Have Landed
Inside the Space Ships

Another dependable source of UFO related information is The Friendship Case.

The Friendship Case Documentary

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: August 27, 2012 11:47

If you have any doubts about Apollo then please visit this web site.

[www.clavius.org]

All the favorite doubter questions are there and answers found.

If you are genuinely interested in the truth of the matter you will always see what they have to say and use this as a reference.

If you can't be bothered or are afraid you might have bubble burst then I can't help you.

That's my last comment on the conspiracy nonsense.

RIP Neil, in a world where the word "legend" is used too easily, you were the real deal.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-27 11:48 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 27, 2012 11:57

GravityBoy
If you have any doubts about Apollo then please visit this web site.

[www.clavius.org]

All the favorite doubter questions are there and answers found.

If you are genuinely interested in the truth of the matter you will always see what they have to say and use this as a reference.

If you can't be bothered or are afraid you might have bubble burst then I can't help you.

That's my last comment on the conspiracy nonsense.

RIP Neil, in a world where the word "legend" is used too easily, you were the real deal.

I will check it out, I will be glad if it takes my doubts away......

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 27, 2012 16:40

tomk
The Sicilian
NICOS
I would say go back to the moon and show them the flag and the foot prints................they still there I presume...........

With Google Earth I can see the vegetable garden in my backyard. Show me the flag or left behind material on the moon.

[www.usatoday.com]

Anything else?

Anything else??? Are you kidding me, what do you see in those images that I don't? I see black smudges. The same smudges I see all over that image. So this is your convincing evidence. Sign up for jury duty.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: August 27, 2012 16:48

All the doubters here UNDOUBTEDLY don't believe we sent Rovers to Mars either.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 27, 2012 16:56

The Sicilian
tomk
The Sicilian
NICOS
I would say go back to the moon and show them the flag and the foot prints................they still there I presume...........

With Google Earth I can see the vegetable garden in my backyard. Show me the flag or left behind material on the moon.

[www.usatoday.com]

Anything else?

Anything else??? Are you kidding me, what do you see in those images that I don't? I see black smudges. The same smudges I see all over that image. So this is your convincing evidence. Sign up for jury duty.

I don't understand why you don't see a flag in The Sicilian grinning smiley

Date: August 27, 2012 17:09

Happy Jack
I find it very disrepectful to doubt the moon landing. It disrespects the men and women who worked and risked their lives to put people on the moon.

I said the same thing about the banking industry and the thousands of workers and affiliates that orchestrated the sub prime lending and foreclosure crisis.

How dare we question their motives and attack their credibility.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 27, 2012 17:14

The Sicilian
Happy Jack
I find it very disrepectful to doubt the moon landing. It disrespects the men and women who worked and risked their lives to put people on the moon.

I said the same thing about the banking industry and the thousands of workers and affiliates that orchestrated the sub prime lending and foreclosure crisis.

How dare we question their motives and attack their credibility.

JFK was killed from a gunshot that originated on the moon. I am more than sure most of you will believe that...

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 27, 2012 17:51

stonesnow
Happy Jack
I find it very disrepectful to doubt the moon landing.

If there is room for doubt, then people with doubt shall find room. There is nothing disrespectful about the pursuit of truth. And just because 400,000 people worked on it, it doesn't mean they all knew that it didn't happen if it didn't happen--people did their part without complete knowledge of the overall plan. Aside from the astronauts themselves, only a few other people, a cabal of higher-ups with a need to know, knew--that's how secrets are kept and how certain events in history are manufactured.

Take the sinking of the Lusitania for example--it wasn't until the 1990s when the secret official documents were finally released to reveal that, yes, hundreds of human lives were given up as live bait to enrage and entice America into a European war they wanted no part in. But before those documents were released, it would have been disrespectful to many that some "conspiracy theorists" believed that Winston Churchill among other higher-ups would take part in planning and approving the slaughter of hundreds of innocent lives just to achieve a political goal (Churchill was at it again in 1939 with the sinking of the ocean liner Athenia, which made him something of a serial mass murderer...). But that is how it really happened.

And of course there are those secret documents sealed by the British government relating to the death of Brian Jones.... Like the Lusitania documents, they'll be released eventually, after sufficient time has passed that members of the general public would not become sufficiently enraged to lash out in retaliation.

When will the truth about the Moon story be made official? When people of the time are no longer alive and a generation is around to merely shrug its shoulders over the revelation of a hoax. People who watched the "landing" believe it because they saw it on TV. Well, you saw something on TV: You watched as Neil Armstrong compared the surface of the moon to...the High Desert of central Nevada, where it was filmed, Hollywood-style. But you saw it on TV, so it had to be true. And certain people in government never lie or conspire against their own people, do they?

Well the same can be said about anything.

- How do we know that that's Mick Jagger singing on any of the Studio albums. I mean how do we really know?

- How do YOU know that everyone here is even real (even me) - maybe everyone except you is really Bjornulf. Just him and you posting here.

- How do you really know the world is round.

- How do you know we all are not in Heaven or even Hell right now. Can't be can it.

- Maybe the Earth or Solar System or the Universe is all contained inside a fishbowl sitting on some higher powers coffee table. It/they just watch us all day long.

The list can go on forever.

I mean just how do we know about anything.

Date: August 27, 2012 18:01

One thing I do know is that when I look at that photo I don't see any flag or vehicle. That much is certain.

But I forgot we have a Hubble Space Telescope orbiting up there yet no clear pics exist of this stuff.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: August 27, 2012 18:08

GravityBoy
1969 was fantastic, the whole world watched, entralled.

1972, we were landing men on the moon and the public were bored, the Russians had given up, politicians had their eye on the money and hope was cancelled.

Man's ultimate quest is to understand himself and the universe we are part of, the Apollo missions were at the forefront of that.

We gave up and got excited about Kojak instead.

I find it hilarious to think that in 3 years a cheesy TV detective show could captivate the public more than a Moon landing--just for that, we should freeze all Social Security payments until everyone from that time has passed on. That's one small step for Man, one giant lollipop for Telly Savales.

Date: August 27, 2012 18:53

stonesnow
I find it hilarious to think that in 3 years a cheesy TV detective show could captivate the public more than a Moon landing

I guessing you weren't there so how would you know?

People had mostly lost interest during Apollo 12 - especially when Alan Bean broke the TV camera by pointing it directly at the sun.

Apollo 13 transmissions were cut for soaps and other programs because of the ratings.

Do you really fail to understand just how shallow most of public are?

Really?

And you wonder why they drastically cut the budget and "how come we never went again?".

Some of us never lost interest.

Date: August 27, 2012 18:59

The Sicilian
One thing I do know is that when I look at that photo I don't see any flag or vehicle. That much is certain.

But I forgot we have a Hubble Space Telescope orbiting up there yet no clear pics exist of this stuff.

1) You don't understand what kind to telescope Hubble is (it's a deep space telescope).

2) There are pictures taken by various missions, I think the Chinese(?) got pictures a few years back, there are some really good ones in this year actually.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-27 18:59 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 27, 2012 19:12

Didnt a picture of a pyramid on the (other side of the) moon surface recently?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 27, 2012 19:44

His name spelled backwards:

Gnorts, Mr. Alien

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: August 27, 2012 22:26

One of life's genuine legends

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: August 27, 2012 23:18

2000 LYFH
stonesnow
Happy Jack
I find it very disrepectful to doubt the moon landing.

If there is room for doubt, then people with doubt shall find room. There is nothing disrespectful about the pursuit of truth. And just because 400,000 people worked on it, it doesn't mean they all knew that it didn't happen if it didn't happen--people did their part without complete knowledge of the overall plan. Aside from the astronauts themselves, only a few other people, a cabal of higher-ups with a need to know, knew--that's how secrets are kept and how certain events in history are manufactured.

Take the sinking of the Lusitania for example--it wasn't until the 1990s when the secret official documents were finally released to reveal that, yes, hundreds of human lives were given up as live bait to enrage and entice America into a European war they wanted no part in. But before those documents were released, it would have been disrespectful to many that some "conspiracy theorists" believed that Winston Churchill among other higher-ups would take part in planning and approving the slaughter of hundreds of innocent lives just to achieve a political goal (Churchill was at it again in 1939 with the sinking of the ocean liner Athenia, which made him something of a serial mass murderer...). But that is how it really happened.

And of course there are those secret documents sealed by the British government relating to the death of Brian Jones.... Like the Lusitania documents, they'll be released eventually, after sufficient time has passed that members of the general public would not become sufficiently enraged to lash out in retaliation.

When will the truth about the Moon story be made official? When people of the time are no longer alive and a generation is around to merely shrug its shoulders over the revelation of a hoax. People who watched the "landing" believe it because they saw it on TV. Well, you saw something on TV: You watched as Neil Armstrong compared the surface of the moon to...the High Desert of central Nevada, where it was filmed, Hollywood-style. But you saw it on TV, so it had to be true. And certain people in government never lie or conspire against their own people, do they?

Well the same can be said about anything.

- How do we know that that's Mick Jagger singing on any of the Studio albums. I mean how do we really know?

- How do YOU know that everyone here is even real (even me) - maybe everyone except you is really Bjornulf. Just him and you posting here.

- How do you really know the world is round.

- How do you know we all are not in Heaven or even Hell right now. Can't be can it.

- Maybe the Earth or Solar System or the Universe is all contained inside a fishbowl sitting on some higher powers coffee table. It/they just watch us all day long.

The list can go on forever.

I mean just how do we know about anything.
Ok I jut have to say: maybe none of this is real. Right now our bodies are in some kind of stasis unit and there energy is being used by aliens.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: August 27, 2012 23:19

Date: August 27, 2012 23:36

TheDailyBuzzherd
All the doubters here UNDOUBTEDLY don't believe we sent Rovers to Mars either.

Wrong, sir. "We" just didn't send any people in them--and we never will. I find it amusing in this thread how so many people take it personally when doubters air their "conspiracy theories", for lack of a better term, when questioning the legitimacy of this particular moment in history. Where does this hostility come from, believers? In every post I have made in this thread as a doubter of the manned Moon mission, I have done so without resorting to personal judgments against fellow posters in the form of "moonbats", "disrespectful", "immature", and etc., and I have done so in a calm, analytical manner. This is called intelligent discourse, and we could all benefit from a bit more of it, no matter what our views on the topic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-27 23:43 by stonesnow.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: August 28, 2012 01:25

stonenow - You make some good points about doubt but I have no doubt that the United States astronauts landed on the moon. We went back for or five times and almost had a catostrophic failure with Apollo 13.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 28, 2012 03:11

I saw a program in 1977 called Alternative 3. The Alternative 3 was that the US and Russia had been co-operating since the end of the war to set a base on the moon and were making plans to evacuate the earth of the elite because 'they' had already deduced that the Earth was finito. The launchings were supposedly from the Artic. This program supposedly interviewed astronauts from the US Apollo program. One of them claimed to have seen something on the moon. They showed some footage of this astronaut going round the moon shouting "Jesus Christ, what the hell is that? what is that? Jesus Christ!.............."
He said "compared with what they've already got up there they sent us up there on a @#$%& ing bicycle". He also claimed that man landed a manned craft on Mars in 1963. Now it turned out that this program was a hoax using actors, it was supposed to have been aired on April Fool's day. Due to industrial relations it was held back until June 20th. Caused quite a stir here at the time and the papers were quick to let everybody know they could breath easy.
The only thing was that I never reconciled was that in '69 or '70 (don't remember the exact date or which mission) but anyway what I do remember was watching the live streaming from the orbiter on the TV before going to school and seeing the exact clip they showed and hearing those exact words myself, ie. "Jesus Christ! What the hell is that?.. etc...............obviously immediately excited, I waited to hear what was going on up there...........BUT....the screen went dead, just static, no picture...........I remember thinking "oh well, I'll find out what's what when I get home from school", never did. The next I heard of that was in the program I just mentioned 7 years later."
(I never heard an official explanation for what he was shouting about, ever. Maybe someone else has?)
Personally I think it's more likely that if the Apollo misssions were an exercise in misinformation then it was unintentional on the part of the government, they would have been in the dark too, whilst behind the scenes literally 'out of this world' stuff is going on for the benefit of the few. Although how anyone would be able to get funds to keep that going without the transient government personnel being aware of it is anyones' guess. It would have to be ultra black ops because someone would be bound to talk. Maybe private money with the understanding for people who get involved (this program suggested a brain drain via kidnapping) that the is the only way to leave would be in a box?
My guess would be that there's probably more going on than we're being told about rather than 'something going on' above that which is actually going on.
Agnostic myself, but as I said, I did as a child hear that astronaut shouting as I described.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-28 13:29 by EddieByword.

Date: August 28, 2012 03:15

slew
stonenow - You make some good points about doubt but I have no doubt that the United States astronauts landed on the moon. We went back for or five times and almost had a catostrophic failure with Apollo 13.

Very well, slew, I am not interested in changing anyone's mind here, nor would that possible. I shall leave you to pursue your lack of doubt in good faith.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: August 28, 2012 04:35

I have no doubt that we no very little of what is really happening out there. As I said in a prior post, the US Defense Department's space program is almost twice the size of NASA's and we never hear anything about what they are doing with all that money. There has been conjecture that they already have a manned reusable space craft that has been making flights. However, I also have no doubt that the Apollo program resulted in Moon landings. Again, there are just too many people in NASA and private contracters involved in the design and support of the program to allow for a hoax to be perpetrated. There would have been leaks with that many people. And it would be more easy at this time in history to uncover the "plot". And again, one of the most unrefutable pieces of evidence is the multitude of moon rocks that have been independently analyzed by scientists and on disply in museums.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: August 28, 2012 06:23

Watch this and put your thinking caps on!

RIP Neil! I was 11 years old and still remember the excitement!

Date: August 28, 2012 06:25

whitem8
I have no doubt that we no very little of what is really happening out there. As I said in a prior post, the US Defense Department's space program is almost twice the size of NASA's and we never hear anything about what they are doing with all that money. There has been conjecture that they already have a manned reusable space craft that has been making flights. However, I also have no doubt that the Apollo program resulted in Moon landings. Again, there are just too many people in NASA and private contracters involved in the design and support of the program to allow for a hoax to be perpetrated. There would have been leaks with that many people. And it would be more easy at this time in history to uncover the "plot". And again, one of the most unrefutable pieces of evidence is the multitude of moon rocks that have been independently analyzed by scientists and on disply in museums.

There is the case of one Apollo whistleblower who testified before Congress before the Moon landings took place and he wrote a 500-page report claiming that NASA would never make it to the Moon--he died one week after testifying.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Baron

However, most of the whistleblowing surrounding Apollo/NASA says that humans did go to the Moon, but that NASA is covering up the presence of alien bases/ruins there.

And of course there is the famous Richard C. Hoagland with his Dark Mission tale.

And there is the UFOTV series that analyzes the Apollo missions.

Date: August 28, 2012 06:27

Excellent post Milehigh! Great!

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: August 28, 2012 06:29

whitem8
Excellent post Milehigh! Great!

Thanks!

Date: August 28, 2012 06:45

Richard C Hoagland? ReallY? The nutbag psuedo scientist who has never had any peer reviewed research and the winner of the Ig Nobel Prize for Astronomy, a parody award given for outlandish or "trivial" contributions to science? Well to me it seems like those shows are out for one thing. Money. To rake in lots of money much like snake oil salesmen in the west... But I guess everyone has to make a living.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1963
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home