Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 12
Live in Texas - thoughts and reviews
Posted by: skelly ()
Date: October 5, 2011 00:18

I'm just back from watching live in Texas at the cinema and I absolutely loved it. Great sound, great footage, great band. I thought it was awesome.

Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Re: Live in Texas - thoughts and reviews
Date: October 5, 2011 00:37

Stand out tracks for me were star star, miss you, respectable and sweet little sixteen.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: October 5, 2011 00:42

Faraway Eyes, Honky Tonk Women, Beast Of Burden are beyond belief. The killer for me though is Tumbling Dice, the energy is unreal. Best Stones show I've ever seen on tape. Gonna be a killer in Surround Sound next month.

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: October 5, 2011 00:48

Just got back from seeing the film too. Got to agree the sound, footage and performance of the band were phenomenal.

A fantastic back to basics show with the Stones clearly out to prove to the punks who were the true guvnors of rock n'roll.

Great to see the interplay between the band members both musically and just simply fooling around on stage.

Can't wait to get the DVD now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-05 00:51 by DartfordRenegade.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: October 5, 2011 00:57

Best Stones concert film ever? =) (Handsome Girls is my favorite boot, so I'm hoping this film is as good as the audio.)

Did the camera focus 99.9% of the time on Jagger, or do you get to see glimpses of the band too? Any surprises?

Date: October 5, 2011 01:02

You do get a lot of jagger but to be fair its hard not to, he's at his best and never stops. There are plenty of good shots of the rest of the band especially when Keith and Ron are doing backing vocals (which is quite often).

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 5, 2011 01:18

Just got home from my local theatre. It was great. Loved every minute of it. Having a beer now and playing disc 1 from Handsome Girls.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 5, 2011 01:30

More than a few sublime cruising at high altitude musically exquisite glimpses into audio nirvana - just so sweet. Not one disappointing moment and only 7 people in the whole place - perfect..........................and that included 4 of us.........drinking smiley

Faves....When the whip comes down, Shattered, Miss you, Love in vain, Sweet 16 & Brown sugar & all the others

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-05 02:06 by EddieByword.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: October 5, 2011 01:50

Just got back from seeing it in the Kensington Odeon and then dissecting it in the pub afterwards.

Phenomenal energy. Blistering versions especially of @#$%&, Miss You and JJF.

Awesome!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 5, 2011 01:50

Luuuuuuved it. I go with skelly on the stand-out tracks. such brain-tingling guitar from keith and ronnie did his fair bit too. amusing interactions between mick and ronnie - he he. overall awesome
and pounding with energy. shows how raw and raunchy beats refined and razzamatazz any day. if ever again, they need to strip
right back down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-05 01:56 by Beast.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: October 5, 2011 01:51

tomcat2006
Just got back from seeing it in the Kensington Odeon and then dissecting it in the pub afterwards.

Phenomenal energy. Blistering versions especially of @#$%&, Miss You and JJF.

Awesome!

(The inexplicably 'coded' one above is also known as Star Star)

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 5, 2011 01:54

How does it compare with L&G you lucky lot who saw it then?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 5, 2011 01:58

Sounds great. I'm holding out till November to watch it when it's released on DVD.

Date: October 5, 2011 01:58

better than L&G was the consensus in covent garden

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: October 5, 2011 02:14

Loved it. They played around 7 songs from Some Girls. Best official release by far! Stones live circa '78 = the best!!

I saw it at the Kensington Odeon, London. There was no recent Mick interview at the start as I thoguht there'd be. Did anyone else's cinema show the interview????
I guess it will be on the dvd.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-05 02:18 by brownsugar86.

Posted by: Stargazer ()
Date: October 5, 2011 02:37

I thought the whole movie/gig was amazing! Very impressed with the footage and especially the sound! The 1st stand out track I noticed was WHEN THE WHIP COMES DOWN. Blistering, check it out when the DVD comes out... Star Star was great too, there were a few others which I'll have to think about.

Date: October 5, 2011 02:43

Even better than L&G! But you can't really compare the technology etc from 6 years previously.

Date: October 5, 2011 02:48

Hi brownsugar86,

Sorry to say but the MJ interview was on our version of it! I saw it in Edinburgh tonight, and it must have been 15/20 mins long. Quite interesting...

Posted by: phelge ()
Date: October 5, 2011 02:49

A M A Z I N G !!!!

Ronnie wasn't quite loud enough though, Jagger on top form. Do we forget sometimes just how good he is/was?

Starfxxer,,, dirty, dirty brilliance. What was that line about Jimmy Page??

Miss You ..... sheer power. Bill is God,

Shattered .... Jagger on fire.

What a band,what a great night out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-05 02:49 by phelge.

Date: October 5, 2011 02:51

Agreed - when the whip comes down was incredible.

Did you arrive late, brownsugar86? Just wondering, because the interview with Mick was screened at Covent Garden.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 5, 2011 02:55

So the question is, how much of Jagger's vocal were *ahem* flown in?

Date: October 5, 2011 03:07

EddieByword
Not one disappointing moment and only 7 people in the whole place - perfect..........................and that included 4 of us.........drinking smiley

There were about 60/70 fans in Edinburgh. I managed to bag a poster for a £5 donation to charity! Well chuffed...>grinning smiley<

Date: October 5, 2011 03:32

brownsugar86
Loved it. They played around 7 songs from Some Girls. Best official release by far! Stones live circa '78 = the best!!

I saw it at the Kensington Odeon, London. There was no recent Mick interview at the start as I thoguht there'd be. Did anyone else's cinema show the interview????
I guess it will be on the dvd.

Yes...Port Talbot

Date: October 5, 2011 03:36

Stargazer
EddieByword
Not one disappointing moment and only 7 people in the whole place - perfect..........................and that included 4 of us.........drinking smiley

There were about 60/70 fans in Edinburgh. I managed to bag a poster for a £5 donation to charity! Well chuffed...>grinning smiley<

I bet......I asked about the poster too but they insisted it had to go back to the film company...oh well, you win some..etc and you win some - brilliant night out....cool smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-05 03:39 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: October 5, 2011 05:12

great stuff. we have to wait until October 18th in the States. look forward to hearing more of these fantastic reviews.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 5, 2011 08:04

Great stuff

Date: October 5, 2011 08:54

Stargazer
EddieByword

Only 5 of us at the showcase in Glasgow.

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: October 5, 2011 09:40

EddieByword
Stargazer
EddieByword

I bet......I asked about the poster too but they insisted it had to go back to the film company...oh well, you win some..etc and you win some - brilliant night out....cool smiley

Really? Damn, I was gonna ask for it. Well if they refuse, I'm nicking it!! Normally there are two posters so hopefully they ain't stingey.

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: October 5, 2011 10:30

I loved the show. Awesome. They were on fire that night. Jagger constantly baiting Ronnie was hilarious. Bills playing though was just out of this world.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Date: October 5, 2011 11:24

I also saw the film down at 'the Garden' (Covent, not Madison Square obviously) and thought it was quite superb. Apart from those tracks already highlighted I really enjoyed Love In Vain.......stunning.The interplay between Mick and the band and Mick and the audience was a masterclass. Rock and Roll as it should be.

There seemed to be strange lighting during the Jagger interview and the interviewer wasn't exactly animated. Still worth seeing though.

As for the poster, I spoke to the manager who said it had to be returned but gave me the name of the guy to call to see if I could come and collect it. Excelllent, I thought.....until I saw it had been 'removed' from outside the cinema. Is it up on your wall yet, Mr Jimmy?!

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1652
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home