Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

ABBA Voyage "Live" concept also applicable for the Stones?
Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: July 1, 2022 12:37

I was wondering, would the Stones consider, after touring retirement, to adapt the ABBA Voyage concept with a Avatar show in Londen?
I think at least Mick would be interested....>grinning smiley<
Would be great to do a 1972 show in that way.
Or every year a certain tour era.
What are your thoughts?

Mr.Fancyman

Re: ABBA Voyage "Live" concept also applicable for the Stones?
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: July 1, 2022 12:50

NO :-)

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 1, 2022 12:55

"Maybe Kiss did everything right without knowing it at the beginning of their career. Paul Stanley recently said that as soon as he and Gene Simmons are dead, other musicians could perform as Kiss and keep the brand alive - with the right make-up on the right features, no one would notice the difference. The Kiss make-up-makes the people underneath ageless. Their voices would come as playback, like now with Abba."

[www.RollingStone.de] , [iorr.org]

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: July 1, 2022 12:55

Some other band is sure to follow if ABBA's show has legs. I've read speculation that Queen would probably do something like that. I gather they do a song with a Freddie Mercury hologram already. Jimmy Page said Led Zeppelin were approached about doing something like the ABBA show a few years back. I don't know how likely it would be for the Stones to actually do motion capture work, but since the ABBA show also used actors for motion capture, it's not inconceivable that other bands would do the same.

So, I would think the Stones would be in the running for such a thing. I'd be surprised if someone hasn't already pitched a version to the Beatles, like a 21st century Beatlemania show. Since ABBA'S show is designed around a specific theater, it seems to me that the next step would be developing something similarly immersive yet able to go out on an actual tour rather than be at a fixed location.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: July 1, 2022 13:13

jahisnotdead
Some other band is sure to follow if ABBA's show has legs. I've read speculation that Queen would probably do something like that. I gather they do a song with a Freddie Mercury hologram already.

Brian May may have a PhD in Cosmology from Imperial College in London but <Expletive> it's NOT a <expletive> "hologram".

It's very very very good, and it's very very well done, and it's very very admirable, and it's very very spectacular, but it's NOT a <expletive> "hologram".

A real hologram has a degree of depth and parallax in the image that is only achievable in "coherent" light, and the only source of "coherent" light is a laser. I've yet to see any genuine moving hologram images, although I have seen the largest single hologram in the world. (Macquarie University in Sydney if anyone asks).

The original posting in this thread called it an "Avatar" and that's the best word I've seen for a long time to describe these very very impressive presentations.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 1, 2022 23:24

Once they're gone, anything will be game to keep the brand churning out cash.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 2, 2022 07:21

Irix
"Maybe Kiss did everything right without knowing it at the beginning of their career. Paul Stanley recently said that as soon as he and Gene Simmons are dead, other musicians could perform as Kiss and keep the brand alive - with the right make-up on the right features, no one would notice the difference. The Kiss make-up-makes the people underneath ageless. Their voices would come as playback, like now with Abba."

[www.RollingStone.de] , [iorr.org]

The brilliance of Kiss fans not knowing is exactly how bad Kiss is as musicians and no one knowing. So yes, it wouldn't matter at all.

Posted by: Rambler62 ()
Date: July 2, 2022 09:24

I hope that will never happens!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 2, 2022 10:39

please god let me die before anything like this happenssad smileyeye rolling smiley

when they all die it's the end of the stones as a touring band

period!

anyone who attempt something like this will hopefully be subject to capital punishmentwinking smiley

i'd rather the band replace mick with justin beiber then see this happen

i'd rather the stones turn into a beatles cover band but they only play the wedding album and an hour of revolution 9 with special guest yoko playing the chalkboard with a nail then see this happen

i'd rather mick's great grandkids wheel 102 year old mick onto stage by himself in a staduim with an iv drip and an oxygen mask

so he can mumble lyrics into a microphone to a playback then passed out during satisfaction and fill his diaper then see this happen

i'd rather literally emasculate myself with a blunt rusty strait razor and mirror then see this happen

that being said to each his own

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: July 2, 2022 15:31

Oh no!
Everything, that makes a Stones live experience worth would be burried under plastic screens and fake.
Oh nooo!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 2, 2022 16:29

ABBA disbanded in the early 80’s, so, like other acts from yesteryear, their image is frozen in time. Although they’ve reformed to record and release a new studio-album, I think the vast majority still visualise them from forty-years ago. So, this avatar concept lends itself to them perfectly; it would to Queen, too. The Stones have evolved and grown through the years. I think many see and think of them as what they presently are: the ultimate elder statesmen of rock ‘n roll; wrinkles, warts-and-all, nostalgia. I don’t believe that avatars of them in their youth could eclipse the interest they create in their current-age state.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 2, 2022 18:58

The Stones as avatars would be horrible, but I must admit that I do not trust the whole concept. If more artists use that technique, we will see. Good luck to those who enjoy it, I won't go.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1810
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home