Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8
Keith Richards Main Offender DeLuxe Edition.
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: January 20, 2022 13:00

Main Offender
Deluxe Edition
import
Richards, Keith (Artist) Format: Vinyl

DeLuxe Edition
Orginal Album Remastered & Pressed On 180 gr Smoke Colored LP & Black CD.

Previously Unreleased Album:
Winos Live In London ‘92
On 2 180gr Smoke Colored LPs & Black CD

84-page Book With Never-Before-Seen Photos
And Keith’s Hand Writtenlyrics

Reproductions Of Main Offender Tour Guitar Pick
Promotional Posters, Bumber Sticker
Handwritten Lyric Sheets, And more.

Release Date: ???

[www.amazon.fr]

Re: Keith Richards Main Offender DeLuxe Edition.
Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 20, 2022 13:29

WOW!!! I can't wait!!!smileys with beer Looking good!!!!!!!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 20, 2022 14:10

amazon Germany:
2CD edition => [www.amazon.de]ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=LWSAFLZD9Z8A&keywords=Keith+Richards+Main+Offender+DeLuxe&qid=1642680553&sprefix=keith+richards+main+offender+deluxe%2Caps%2C53&sr=8-1

deluxe => [www.amazon.de]ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=LWSAFLZD9Z8A&keywords=Keith+Richards+Main+Offender+DeLuxe&qid=1642680553&sprefix=keith+richards+main+offender+deluxe%2Caps%2C53&sr=8-2

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 20, 2022 14:10

See also the old Thread from October 2021 - [iorr.org] .

UrbanSteel

18-Mar-2022.

3LP+2CD+Book+Merch (€ 139.99) - [www.jpc.de] , Red Vinyl - [www.jpc.de] , 2CD - [www.jpc.de] , LP - [www.jpc.de] , CD - [www.jpc.de] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-22 23:15 by Irix.

Date: January 20, 2022 14:18

Irix
UrbanSteel

18-Mar-2022.

3LP+2CD+Book+Merch (139.99) - [www.jpc.de] . Red Vinyl - [www.jpc.de] , 2CD - [www.jpc.de] , LP - [www.jpc.de] , CD - [www.jpc.de] .

It surely does look good but (as discussed before) there's not a single song in the deluxe edition that is not part of the 2CD version. And – as far as I remember – the concert is also incomplete.

Date: January 20, 2022 14:21

and, well, the smoke of his cigarette seems to be much less visible than on the original album cover

Date: January 20, 2022 14:22

Irix
UrbanSteel

18-Mar-2022.

3LP+2CD+Book+Merch (€ 139.99) - [www.jpc.de] . Red Vinyl - [www.jpc.de] , 2CD - [www.jpc.de] , LP - [www.jpc.de] , CD - [www.jpc.de] .

Irix thanks for the beautiful photo and info from JPC.de.

Many recordcompanies have postponed their releases due to lack of capacity in the vinyl factories, I know from a reliable source that you currently have to place orders at least five months in advance.
Mick Jagger's "the very best of" has been on hold since 12/17/2021.

On JPC.de:
Item has not been released yet, probable delivery date is 18.3.2022.You can order the title now. It will be dispatched to you as soon as it is available.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-20 14:27 by UrbanSteel.

Date: January 20, 2022 14:30

UrbanSteel

Many recordcompanies have postponed their releases due to lack of capacity in the vinyl factories, I know from a reliable source that you currently have to place orders at least five months in advance.

"What’s causing the vinyl delay? 'Adele is not the problem', say music industry insiders" - [www.NME.com] , [Variety.com] .

Date: January 20, 2022 14:35

UrbanSteel
Irix
UrbanSteel

18-Mar-2022.

3LP+2CD+Book+Merch (€ 139.99) - [www.jpc.de] . Red Vinyl - [www.jpc.de] , 2CD - [www.jpc.de] , LP - [www.jpc.de] , CD - [www.jpc.de] .

Irix thanks for the beautiful photo and info from JPC.de.

Mick Jagger's "the very best of" has been on hold since 12/17/2021.

On JPC.de:
Item has not been released yet, probable delivery date is 18.3.2022.You can order the title now. It will be dispatched to you as soon as it is available.

jpc.de usually say "expected release date" (that the exact translation of German original phrase "voraussichtlicher Veröffentlichungstermin") – they did so long before the pandemic

Date: January 20, 2022 14:35

UrbanSteel

On JPC.de: Item has not been released yet, probable delivery date is 18.3.2022.You can order the title now. It will be dispatched to you as soon as it is available.

It's 18-Mar-2022 too on [www.Amazon.de] , [www.Amazon.de] . Same on [www.Saturn.de] , [www.MediaMarkt.de] , [www.Platomania.nl] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-21 00:00 by Irix.

Date: January 20, 2022 14:42

Irix
UrbanSteel

On JPC.de: Item has not been released yet, probable delivery date is 18.3.2022.You can order the title now. It will be dispatched to you as soon as it is available.

It's 18-Mar-2022 too on [www.Amazon.de] , [www.Amazon.de] .

I'll wait and see when it comes out and see where I can get it cheapest, for now JPC.de is 20 euros cheaper than Amazon.de.
btw, thanks for all the info.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 20, 2022 23:27

who's doing the cd remaster?

and will the cd be delayed like the vinyl?

i would really like both eventually

Posted by: rayrad ()
Date: January 20, 2022 23:41

do we know which of the two 92 london shows makes up the 'winos live in london' recording?

or maybe a mix of the two?

i only ask because i was at one of them

the one with the less sonically lovely audience recording...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 21, 2022 00:54

Since there's still no sign of the supposed new Stones album anywhere in sight, this will be a very nice addition to the collection.
Thanks Keith. thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 21, 2022 01:34

Now, I will start off by saying that I have the superuber box sets of Talk is cheap AND the Hollywood Palladium sets. Lovely.

HOWEVER, and I know I'll take some slack but there needs to be a contrarian position otherwise it's just a "communal fist-pumping session" (edited from a more vulgar expression), why anyone would want an expanded version of a 2.5 star, ok maybe 3 star album, is beyond me.

MAYBE an expanded set (not me, but some of you sure), but the super deluxe? Are you kidding?

He'll be sure to sell dozens of copies!

How is it Mick puts out nothing in terms of the back catalogue (ok we got rereleases of the vinyl, nice), but no such uber packaging.

If Keith is releasing this, I give Mick license for a super deluxe edition of Primitive Cool, complete with 7 disco remixes of Let's Work on vinyl and CD, and download codes for everything....and that's just for starters!

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: January 21, 2022 10:51

treaclefingers
If Keith is releasing this, I give Mick license for a super deluxe edition of Primitive Cool, complete with 7 disco remixes of Let's Work on vinyl and CD, and download codes for everything....and that's just for starters!

A Wandering Spirit boxset with a full Webster Hall show and some outtakes.. on light-blue double-vinyl... I would buy that! smiling bouncing smiley

And I prefer Main Offender to Talk is Cheap by the way...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 21, 2022 13:20

Interesting to see if a signed Special Deluxe edition will be offered as well...

Date: January 21, 2022 13:25

ribbelchips
treaclefingers

A Wandering Spirit boxset with a full Webster Hall show and some outtakes.. on light-blue double-vinyl... I would buy that! smiling bouncing smiley

And I prefer Main Offender to Talk is Cheap by the way...

Same thoughts here, i prefer Main Offender, way much better as Talk Is Cheap and let that superdeluxe box from Mick Jagger free for us fans and collectors.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 21, 2022 14:36

Count me in for Main Offender too. I like the harder nastiness of it. However I’d say Talk Is Cheap is a more traditional Rock and Roll album.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: January 21, 2022 14:43

Looking forward to this release

Date: January 21, 2022 15:50

Just received a discount code of 10% from JPC.de via email, ordered the DeLuxe Edition, the red LP and the 2CD right away. Now is the price for DeLuxe Edition for me "only" 125€

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 21, 2022 16:13

treaclefingers
Now, I will start off by saying that I have the superuber box sets of Talk is cheap AND the Hollywood Palladium sets. Lovely.

HOWEVER, and I know I'll take some slack but there needs to be a contrarian position otherwise it's just a "communal fist-pumping session" (edited from a more vulgar expression), why anyone would want an expanded version of a 2.5 star, ok maybe 3 star album, is beyond me.

MAYBE an expanded set (not me, but some of you sure), but the super deluxe? Are you kidding?

How is it Mick puts out nothing in terms of the back catalogue (ok we got rereleases of the vinyl, nice), but no such uber packaging.

Simple. I, as many others, prefer Main Offender even if I love TIC too.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 21, 2022 16:15

frankotero
Count me in for Main Offender too. I like the harder nastiness of it. However I’d say Talk Is Cheap is a more traditional Rock and Roll album.

I concur all the way around as well. There's an edge to MO missing from TIC. Plus that guitar sound carried right into VL, which is well............. drinking smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 21, 2022 17:37

VoodooLounge13 funny but true I'm drinking a beer before opening this thread again. Cheers!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 21, 2022 20:44

frankotero
VoodooLounge13 funny but true I'm drinking a beer before opening this thread again. Cheers!

Almost drinking time for me as well!!! Enjoy the weekend!

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 21, 2022 21:00

VoodooLounge13
frankotero

I concur all the way around as well. There's an edge to MO missing from TIC. Plus that guitar sound carried right into VL, which is well............. drinking smiley

Tough call for me, I like them both a lot. I'll have to listen to both again, back to back, and decide which I prefer.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 21, 2022 23:00

treaclefingers

I share the sentiment, and more generally I have for some time found the whole super deluxe box business is a bit ridiculous - a bit desperate way to milk out the last cents out of record-buying people living in nostalgy before they die off. This is just my personal opinion, and I will not say more, since there are people happily buying such things, and it keeps record companies somehow alive, so be it.

- Doxa

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 21, 2022 23:03

I get the feeling Keith fans are more die-hard than Mick fans. Keith fans probably buy everything from Keith.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 21, 2022 23:06

LeonidP
VoodooLounge13
frankotero

Tough call for me, I like them both a lot. I'll have to listen to both again, back to back, and decide which I prefer.

I just think the writing and performances are head and shoulders better on TIC. I remember first listening to MAIN OFFENDER and thinking, WTF, are you serious? It's fine, but it's average.

Date: January 21, 2022 23:08

Doxa
treaclefingers

I share the sentiment, and more generally I have for some time found the whole super deluxe box business is a bit ridiculous - a bit desperate way to milk out the last cents out of record-buying people living in nostalgy before they die off. This is just my personal opinion, and I will not say more, since there are people happily buying such things, and it keeps record companies somehow alive, so be it.

- Doxa

you're right. I'm fine with deluxe set in case the really offer some extra value and I mean extra musical value (not just posters, gimmicks etc.) like outtake, live recordings, DVDs etc. that are not part of standard editions. Bob Dylan's neverending bootleg series is a good example (2CD standard editions but also deluxe editions with up to 9 CDs).

Goto Page: 12345678Next
Current Page: 1 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2040
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home