Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1962 Photo of the Whole band
Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: September 4, 2013 06:30

I posted this under Topless girls, but here it is again.

I have yet to see any published photo of the Rolling Stones (ever) from 1962 with a drummer or bass player in the photo. I would tend to think the Ian Stewart estate may have a photo burried deep in the archives but have yet to release one. But there must be someone a fan back then that took a photo and forgot about it. I have spoken to many people associated with the band back then, yet no one has mention having a photo in their collection. Maybe I have over looked one. Has one ever been put on this site? I see Stonehearted has posted some really great photosfrom way back. I just can't believe no book has a photo of the "WHOLE GROUP" from 1962.
Anyway just wondering.

Re: 1962 Photo of the Whole band
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 4, 2013 07:23

I would tend to think the Ian Stewart estate may have a photo burried deep in the archives but have yet to release one

the earliest band shot in the STU book is from 1963

ROCKMAN

Posted by: nick ()
Date: September 4, 2013 08:05

Rockman, you are our picture / publication expert, is it safe to assume if you don't have one then it would have to be unpublished?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 4, 2013 09:35

....that's it nick ....never seen one either...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: willnash ()
Date: May 26, 2022 19:53

The Stu photographic archive does not have photos from 1962 - just various notebooks and concert flyers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1531
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home