Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Elvis P and one's music legacy
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 26, 2022 17:16

A great read on Elvis, his history and legacy. Makes you think about who in pop/rock/blues and other genres stands the test of time or will. The photo of Elvis with Nixon is something else. Elvis showed up at the White House, if I recall the story right, wanting to see the president and strike a deal - Elvis, drugged up at the meeting, wanted to be appointed a special undercover agent to ferret out drug dealers in the music business. Nixon thought posing with Elvis would give him some degree of cache with the younger generation. Ahh, those were the daze.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Re: OT: Elvis P and one's music legacy
Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: May 26, 2022 17:49

Who dares to doubt Elvis' legacy? You can't blame him for living in a time where segragation was still considered "normal". He surely made black music popular, although it was not put that way in those days. His equally famous successors, The Beatles and The Rolling Stones (and quite a few other bands and singers) completed his work by placing black music on the global map. As an entertainer he became an example for many. Even greats like James Brown picked up the importance of entertainment as an essential part of presenting music on the way.

Elvis will live on as one of the alltime greats of modern music!

smileys with beer

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1579
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home