Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Better Call Saul
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 24, 2022 17:30

Don't know how many people on this site watch this show, but OMG, the midseason finale rocked my world! Can't believe I have to wait until July until this returns. It really is a slow burn. After a slow start, this series picked up steam and gotten better over time. Overall, the writing, acting/character development, directing, story-lines, cinematography, and production make for riveting and must see television. Hats off to series creators Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould! As a big Breaking Bad fan, I initially had my doubts about this series, but I have to go out on a limb and say that I actually prefer this over BB. This series really lives up to the hype. Finally, the casting of Rhea Seehorn as Kim Wexler: Genius!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-05-24 19:39 by Sighunt.

Re: OT: Better Call Saul
Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: May 24, 2022 18:07

Love this series, haven't watched the latest season yet. It's a bit slow-paced at times, but the payoff is well worth it.

Dunno if I like it more than Breaking Bad, they're a tie in my book.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 24, 2022 18:31

Love this series...looking forward to the finale when it hits.

Still like Breaking Bad better...that could be best series of all time, certainly best crime series. Peaky Blinders final season hits Netflix in a couple of weeks...that one's also pretty fantastic.

Date: May 24, 2022 22:16

Bit slow in the beginning and the end of season 5 was on par with Breaking Bad. Season 6 is too slow for me. Going to watch the new episode in an hour.

It's cool but it it's just way to slow. Not on the same level as Breaking Bad by far. That one got me on the edge every episode (after the slow season 1). I hated waiting a week and would watch the new episode on monday morning before work.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: May 24, 2022 22:46

Loved Breaking Bad, but for some reason I've never been motivated to give this show a shot. And with so many others out there (next on our list are Yellowstone and Peacemaker ... and still have to start 2nd 1/2 of last Ozark season), I don't think I ever will.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: May 24, 2022 23:44

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Bit slow in the beginning and the end of season 5 was on par with Breaking Bad. Season 6 is too slow for me. Going to watch the new episode in an hour.

It's cool but it it's just way to slow. Not on the same level as Breaking Bad by far. That one got me on the edge every episode (after the slow season 1). I hated waiting a week and would watch the new episode on monday morning before work.

Other friends of mine who followed Breaking Bad, don't like Saul in the same way either.

One of the reasons that I like this show (and I am a big, big Breaking Bad fan) is that it is not a carbon copy of BB. There are certainly elements of Breaking Bad (via some of the same characters from said series who are imbedded in the show like Saul, Mike, Gus, along with other minor support players from the drug/crime world), but Saul has its own particular rhythm, pacing, and lighter comedic touches. I like the fact that I'm not on the edge of my seat every episode, because when the edge of your seat moments do come on Better Call Saul, they come with a wallop, carrying quite an impact.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 25, 2022 09:03

I hate having to watch it immediately or some dweeb on YouTube can't wait to post it, putting a spoiler in the very title.

Date: May 25, 2022 09:15

Won't post any spoilers but the ending of this episode is really something.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 25, 2022 12:32

My opinion about the mid-season finale :
boring endless dialogues, terrible acting by the Odenkirk/Seehorn couple (all faces no expressions). And the "comical" side of the series (with the bunch of filmmaking kids) is getting very tired and tiring.

Good thing is the show will obviously get rid of another thing that burdened the series from the start : the look into law firms.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2236
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home