Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Tours Unaccounted For (So far)
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 23, 2022 09:56

With the much anticipated release of El Mocambo, 1977, one more era of the live Stones will be accounted for. That leaves Paris Abbatoir, or Knebworth, 1976, as the most obvious release left. However, there are ones still be to heard, or even found.

1962 or 1963 - Giorgio Gomelsky's legendary film of the early group. I think it has three numbers. I don't know much detail about it, what year, or if it was the full group with Wyman & Watts. Of course as of this date it's been missing for years. Does anyone know what was on it?

1966 - The American Tour of the summer 1966 was supposed to have been quite successful, geared toward the Aftermath album. Does anyone know if a stereo recording exists? It would be a shame if the only souvenir is the badly recorded Hawaii concert, Brian's last on American soil.

1967 - Brian's last tour was the European spring 1967 jaunt. Again, were any of the dates properly recorded? I know there are some cuts on Got Live If You Want It but again, great energy but poorly recorded.

1968 - NME awards. Brian's last appearance with the band, live on stage. Though it's only two songs, JJF and Satisfaction, it would still be nice to hear.

1970 - Europe. I'm surprised more hasn't been written about this tour. It has a lot of the 1969 American tour setlist, with some as yet unreleased songs from Sticky Fingers on it.

1973 - The Nicaragua Earthquake Relief concert. Although it was an extension of the 1972 American tour, the band was red hot from that tour. It would be nice to hear a good recording of the concert.

1976 - already mentioned.

1979 - What about the Stones' concert for Keith in Canada? Was it recorded?

That's all I can think of. What else is out there, or could be?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-23 09:59 by 24FPS.

Re: Rolling Stones Tour Unaccounted For (So far)
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 23, 2022 10:01

24FPS

What else is out there, or could be?

A while ago someone made a wishlist - [iorr.org] .

Re: Rolling Stones Tours Unaccounted For (So far)
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: April 23, 2022 10:11

1962 or 1963 - Giorgio Gomelsky's legendary film of the early group. I think it has three numbers. I don't know much detail about it, what year, or if it was the full group with Wyman & Watts. Of course as of this date it's been missing for years. Does anyone know what was on it?

What I read about it is, that Mr. Gomelski left England shortly after recording this film, because his father died. When he turned back, the film was lost. That's not a lot about it and I hopefully remember this correctly.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 23, 2022 11:44

Giorgio Gomelsky --- Ugly Things #45 .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: April 23, 2022 12:00

Rockman

Giorgio Gomelsky --- Ugly Things #45 .....

Your documents are good as gold ! thumbs up

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 23, 2022 12:24

Unaccounted? the No Receipts Tour

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: April 23, 2022 12:24

I'd say Hyde Park '69,and all other festivals are just partly documentet or none existent. Also the London shows in december '69 was not a part of the American tour. Nothing from 1970 or winter tour '73(sick!)From the Vegas era I don't have overview, but isn't the last tour with Charlie just partly documented? Cant remember hearing the slow version of Brown Sugar on any of the releases

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: April 23, 2022 12:54

1972 Tour in great quality

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: April 23, 2022 14:36

24FPS

1967 - Brian's last tour was the European spring 1967 jaunt. Again, were any of the dates properly recorded? I know there are some cuts on Got Live If You Want It but again, great energy but poorly recorded.

[/b]

There are no 1967 recordings on the Got Live If You Want It album. It consists of recorded performances, culled from their 1966 tour of the U.K.; the last home-soil tour that Brian participated in, of course. Now, that tour featured the legendary Beck and Page Yardbirds line-up in support; alongside Ike and Tina, of course. How glorious and fantastic it'd be to hear a full recording from that all-too-brief period. We only have a few crumbs.

The Paris '67 radio broadcast has been around circulating for a while, hasn't it? I know the sound quality is variable, though. It features a terrific rendition of Paint It, Black, with wailing guitar-work from Keith.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 23, 2022 15:56

Big Al
There are no 1967 recordings on the Got Live If You Want It album. It consists of recorded performances, culled from their 1966 tour of the U.K.; the last home-soil tour that Brian participated in, of course. Now, that tour featured the legendary Beck and Page Yardbirds line-up in support; alongside Ike and Tina, of course. How glorious and fantastic it'd be to hear a full recording from that all-too-brief period. We only have a few crumbs.

Not to mention that Got Live If You Want It is so extremely heavily overdubbed, that it's basically just the bass and drums that is from real concerts; so we hardly have anything from 1966 at all.

Date: April 23, 2022 17:32

Big Al
24FPS

[/b]

The Paris '67 radio broadcast has been around circulating for a while, hasn't it? I know the sound quality is variable, though. It features a terrific rendition of Paint It, Black, with wailing guitar-work from Keith.

Paris 67 was released on iTunes.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 23, 2022 17:46

24FPS

1979 - What about the Stones' concert for Keith in Canada? Was it recorded?

That's all I can think of. What else is out there, or could be?

There's few recordings of those shows but I wouldn't know if the band recorded it....... [www.dbboots.com]

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: April 23, 2022 21:19

Any of the above mentioned options would be welcome!
Personally I would love to have some 1971 Goodbye Britain tour visual recordings. I had a really great time in Bristol (Colston Hall, March 9)! So far I haven't found a recording of that day (I went to see the second show). But the memories are still very vivid cool smiley.

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: April 24, 2022 01:50

Taylor1
1972 Tour in great quality

thumbs up

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 24, 2022 05:55

according to nico these 6 shows where recorded on 3 track tape by glyn johns for the got live if you want it ep in 65

0305B 5th March: London, Edmonton, Regal Theatre (1st show)
650305C 5th March: London, Edmonton, Regal Theatre (2nd show)
650306A 6th March: Liverpool, Empire Theatre (1st show)
650306B 6th March: Liverpool, Empire Theatre (2nd show)
650307A 7th March: Manchester, Palace Theatre (1st show)
650307B 7th March: Manchester, Palace Theatre (2nd show)

and i don't know if they recorded shows during the tour of ireland earlier that year or if they just used audio from the above shows for the footage from charlie is my darling

but if they did be nice to have those too

and also according to nico these shows where recorded in 66 for the got live lp

661001B 1st October: Newcastle-upon-Tyne, City Hall (1st show) Note: Soundboard recording was made.
661001C 1st October: Newcastle-upon-Tyne, City Hall (2nd show) Note: Soundboard recording was made.
661007A 7th October: Bristol, Colston Hall (1st show) Note: Soundboard recording was made.
661007B 7th October: Bristol, Colston Hall (2nd show) Note: Soundboard recording was made.

to me a box set of all these shows is the ultimate holy grail item in there vaults

how many of you willing to pay el mocambo vinyl prices for that box set?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-04-24 05:56 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: April 24, 2022 06:08

and as for the paris shows from 66-67 the ones sourced from later rebroadcasts (i assume) sound wonderful

even in mono these would be great to have released

but does anyone know how these where recorded?

what kind of tape, equipment was used?

would it be possible to have them remixed into stereo?

Posted by: tommyturbo76 ()
Date: April 24, 2022 06:41

24FPS
1973 - The Nicaragua Earthquake Relief concert. Although it was an extension of the 1972 American tour, the band was red hot from that tour. It would be nice to hear a good recording of the concert.

Especially Midnight Rambler which is not on any of the bootlegs, but was played (I was there..)

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 24, 2022 06:50

What does 1989-90 have?

Flashpoint
Atlantic City
Live At The Toyko Dome

It would be fantastic if they released July 7th, 1990. That's a stellar boot. Excellent show.

The 1994-95 tour only has one so far as I recall. You can't count any of the STRIPPED releases. Seems like a no brainer to release the August 14th show from 1994.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1672
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home