Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: OT - J. Geils sues the J. Geils Band
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 2, 2012 20:54

Max'sKansasCity
Kurt
Pop Rock Quiz:
What's Wrong With This Picture?

too small?

Winner!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 2, 2012 20:55

Kurt
Max'sKansasCity
Kurt
Pop Rock Quiz:
What's Wrong With This Picture?

too small?

Winner!
grinning smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 2, 2012 21:42

The Sicilian
Chevrolet Court at the New York State Fair, Syracuse, NY, USA August 25.

Setlist:

01. Hard Drivin' Man
02. Homework
03. Southside Shuffle
04. Just Can't Wait
05. Make Up Your Mind
06. Sanctuary
07. Surrender (Sung as Duet with Backup Singer)
08. I Do
09. Pack Fair and Square
10. Detroit Breakdown
11. Cry One More Time
12. Night Time
13. One Last Kiss
14. Cruisin' for a Love
15. Freeze Frame
16. Love Stinks
17. Centerfold
18. Lookin' for a Love
19. Whammer Jammer
20. (Ain't Nothin' But A) Houseparty

Encore 1:

21. Where Did Our Love Go

Encore 2:

22. Must of Got Lost
(Extended Intro with Peter)

Allentown Fairgrounds, Allentown, PA, USA, August 28

01. Sno-cone
02. Hard Drivin' Man
03. Homework
04. Southside Shuffle
05. Cry One More Time
06. Sanctuary
07. Pack Fair and Square
08. I Do
09. Make Up Your Mind
10. Just Can't Wait
11. One Last Kiss
12. Cruisin' for a Love
13. On Borrowed Time
14. Surrender
15. Freeze Frame
16. Detroit Breakdown
17. Give It to Me
18. Centerfold
19. Love Stinks
20. Lookin' for a Love
21. Whammer Jammer
22. (Ain't Nothin' But A) Houseparty

Encore:

23. Must of Got Lost

Encore 2:

24. Land of 1000 Dances
Those are great setlists. Sure wish they would come out west.

Date: September 3, 2012 02:32

buffalo7478
keefriffhard4life
The Sicilian
You really gotta admire J.Geils for their setlist. Their first 14 songs would only be recognized by the most die hard fans of the band except for a couple mixed in. They have an agenda to play their early stuff and to show off their blues roots. They stuck to that plan. They played 6 songs off their debut album from 1970 "The J.Geils Band"

This is something we discuss here all the time with the Stones. What should they play? Consider this, we got an abbreviated two hour show and still well known songs like didn't make the cut:

Love Itis
Back To Get Ya
Where Did Our Love Go
Musta Got Lost
Come Back
Angel In Blue
Flamethrower
First I Look At The Purse

Peter Wolf is still the skinny rubber legged guy we all loved seeing with his messy hair and shades. Man can he still sing and rap. Let's not forget the glue of the band Seth Justman. Except for short hair (no more flowing mane) he just pounds those keyboards and Hammond organ. I will admit though, I did miss seeing J.Geils with his slow strut and Flying V. Every guitar solo I was thinking of him there. Not to forget "DK" Danny Klein who was smiling and just plucking that bass. The dapper man he is with his fedora and suit. I had a great spot in front of the stage about thirty feet away. This time, I brought my soon to be 16 year old daughter for her first classic rock show. A few times I whispered in her ear during some highlight songs for her to look closely at Magic Dick and Peter Wolf performing, as they are two of the best you will ever see.

unless i am missing something, wasn't "musta got lost" an encore for every show they've done on this tour?

No encore in Buffalo as they ran against a curfew. The crappy band before them just kept playing and playing - way overstaying their welcome and doing an encore that no one cheered for. That left Geils only 2 hours. So we missed Musta Got Lost, and Land of 1000 Dances.

oh ok. yeah you guys got screwed then.

Date: September 3, 2012 02:41

I think it shows just how cool J Geils is... They played for 2 hours and still did not play everything they wanted to... in this dayofage when ones hears so many stories of noob headlining bands playing for only 70-80 minutes? and J Geils plays for 2 hours and still didnt play all they wanted to? That is awesome! Lets hope they keep rolling.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: September 3, 2012 21:33

Max'sKansasCity
I think it shows just how cool J Geils is... They played for 2 hours and still did not play everything they wanted to... in this dayofage when ones hears so many stories of noob headlining bands playing for only 70-80 minutes? and J Geils plays for 2 hours and still didnt play all they wanted to? That is awesome! Lets hope they keep rolling.

They would have easily played 2 1/2 hours. Even 2 hours was a treat. And to hear them practically perform their entire debut album was even better. I just hope J.Geils can be brought back into the mix. Either way, don't miss the show if it rolls thru your town.

Date: September 21, 2012 06:14

Here ya go Max:

The J. Geils concert on August 28, 2012 at the Allentown Fairgrounds in Allentown PA.

Date: September 21, 2012 09:58

Fantastic! thumbs up

America's best band, by far!

Posted by: ab ()
Date: September 21, 2012 11:01

I caught the J. Geils Band last Thursday at the Fillmore in Silver Spring, MD, Springsteen and the E Street Band on Friday at Nationals Park in DC, and Ian Hunter at the Howard Theatre in DC. Between 'em, it was more than 7 1/2 hours of top-shelf rock 'n' roll in about 48 hours.

Geils did six songs in their encores (Where Did Our Love Go?, Land of 1000 Dances, Musta Got Lost, Start All Over, Give It to Me, and First I Look at the Purse), and Springsteen did eight in his (We Are Alive, Thunder Road, Born to Run, Detroit Medley, Dancing in the Dark, Tenth Avenue Freezeout, American Land, and Twist and Shout).

Date: September 21, 2012 11:03

ab
I caught the J. Geils Band last Thursday at the Fillmore in Silver Spring, MD, Springsteen and the E Street Band on Friday at Nationals Park in DC, and Ian Hunter at the Howard Theatre in DC. Between 'em, it was more than 7 1/2 hours of top-shelf rock 'n' roll in about 48 hours.

Geils did six songs in their encores (Where Did Our Love Go?, Land of 1000 Dances, Musta Got Lost, Start All Over, Give It to Me, and First I Look at the Purse), and Springsteen did eight in his (We Are Alive, Thunder Road, Born to Run, Detroit Medley, Dancing in the Dark, Tenth Avenue Freezeout, American Land, and Twist and Shout).

thumbs up

Date: September 21, 2012 11:21

The Sicilian
Here ya go Max:

The J. Geils concert on August 28, 2012 at the Allentown Fairgrounds in Allentown PA.

WOW!!! THANK YOU The Sicilian That is awesome!!
I just saw this, havent even watched yet, but thank you very much for psoting!

Date: September 22, 2012 03:24

The quality on these are superb! Pipe it thru a good sound system and let it rip.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 22, 2012 03:52

Hopefully they will find South Florida!!!

Date: September 22, 2012 06:22

question, i see LIVE "FULL HOUSE" was remastered several years ago. how is the sound quality of it and does the face of the cd feature the green/red atlantic color scheme?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 22, 2012 06:33

AMAZING! Thanks so much for posting all those clips. Damn fine! Great to hear some real authentic R and B again! I am on a mission to listen to Giles all day at the pool. Full House, Blow Your Face Out, then their first one, The J Geils Band. Serve you Right to Suffer!!

Date: September 22, 2012 06:54

The Sicilian
The quality on these are superb! Pipe it thru a good sound system and let it rip.
thumbs up Thanks again for posting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-22 06:55 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 22, 2012 07:07

Chris Fountain
Hopefully they will find South Florida!!!
... and areas further West and beyond.

Posted by: kidquick185 ()
Date: September 23, 2012 03:01

Not a good sign; the December 4th Chicago House of Blues show is cancelled.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 23, 2012 03:31

And the December 7th Detroit show On-Sale was postponed.

Hmmmm...maybe the lawsuit is heading to the next level.
Crying Shame.

Posted by: MidnightLurker ()
Date: September 23, 2012 03:36

I saw them 9/8, Saturday show, at the House of Blues Boston with an intimate crowd of about 1,500. The encores started at the 2 hour mark and went for another full 60 minutes. 3 hour show, incredible! They finally made Peter get off the stage after 3 hours and he replied, "but we are just getting warmed up". Must have been about 10 encore songs. These guys sound better than ever and they really should be in the Hall of Fame! If anybody has that set list, please post it.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1912
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home