Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Limited Edition Rolling Stones Wireless Headphones
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 4, 2022 18:40

V-MODA x Rolling Stones

Roland & V-MODA celebrate The Rolling Stones in an officially licensed, limited edition over-ear headphone. Crossfade 2 Wireless, Rolling Stones Edition, is available in three exclusive designs that showcase the style and swagger of the world's greatest rock and roll band. The three design offerings include “Classic Licks”, “No Filter” and “Tattoo You,” and tout award-winning signature sound (40+ Editors’ Choice Awards), ensuring a premium audio experience.

Active for nearly six decades, The Rolling Stones are one of the most popular and long-standing bands of the rock era. The Rolling Stones pioneered the gritty, heavier-driven sound that came to define the rock genre.

[www.v-moda.com]

Re: Limited Edition Rolling Stones Wireless Headphones
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 4, 2022 19:02

Does it play other music besides Stones?
eye rolling smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: January 4, 2022 19:23

schillid
eye rolling smiley

no

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 4, 2022 20:44

ProfessorWolf
schillid
eye rolling smiley

no

Then this would be perfect ...
MP3 player would be pre-loaded with the entire Rolling Stones catalog !!!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 4, 2022 20:49

They don't look like $280, rather like $80...

Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: January 4, 2022 21:55

wireless? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 4, 2022 22:26

I’m not a fan of wireless either. But maybe technology has reached the same level as traditional headphones? Anyone know?

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: January 4, 2022 22:49

frankotero
I’m not a fan of wireless either. But maybe technology has reached the same level as traditional headphones? Anyone know?
Depends on the Codec. There are a few Bluetooth audio codecs like LDAC (which is Sony exclusive) or AptX Lossless that are not completely but almost lossless (even though AptX Lossless is called Lossless it isn't true Lossless). I have some Sony headphones with LDAC that I also listen to lossless files with and I can't perceive any difference (although I am someone who can hear MP3 compression most of the time).
Normal AptX is still quite good and for most people who are fine with MP3s the compression is not noticable. Just try to avoid SBC.

I cannot find anything about the codec on the website if the headphones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-04 22:49 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: January 4, 2022 23:10

gustavobala
wireless? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

'Old man yells at cloud' vibes

Date: January 4, 2022 23:47

StonedRambler, thank you for the information. All that is new to me. I use Sennheiser 650HD and since many years I've been told to avoid wireless. But I'm thinking one day it's probably going to be equal.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: January 5, 2022 00:03

Audiophile friend says wireless headphones are very good now and V-Moda makes quality gear. But it's not from me so I can't vouch other than he is very knowledgeable.

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: January 5, 2022 01:16

I had a pair of Sennheiser wireless headphones years ago that I regrettably bought online before trying.
Once bitten, twice shy.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: January 5, 2022 01:23

Look very similar to my Bose that I've stuck stickers on.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 5, 2022 01:28

aint it a bitch when ya stand on the
head-phone lead and tear the wires outta the head set ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 5, 2022 01:36

Rockman
aint it a bitch when ya stand on the
head-phone lead and tear the wires outta the head set ....

That's a rather drastic way to get wireless headphones.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 5, 2022 02:26

the sounds of silence .................

ROCKMAN

Date: January 5, 2022 06:29

Yes Rockman. No matter how hard I try, somehow I manage to pull the cords. Pisses me off every time. It's a vicious circle.smiling smiley

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: January 5, 2022 12:38

frankotero
Yes Rockman. No matter how hard I try, somehow I manage to pull the cords. Pisses me off every time. It's a vicious circle.smiling smiley

So true!

Was given these high-end super duper headphones sometime ago, with cables as thick as mooring lines ... they lasted less than a week!

Still have no idea why these things don't come with jacks, so that you can easily replace the cable when it breaks

C

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 5, 2022 12:51

High-end headphones usually comes with a 2 to 5 year guarantee. If they break within that time you should be able to ask for a new pair of have them repaired.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-01-05 14:34 by Stoneage.

Date: January 7, 2022 18:53

Stoneage
They don't look like $280, rather like $80...

V-Moda headphones are not like the flimsy Beats headphones.

I bought a pair for my daughter a few years ago.

They are very durable,made of "military grade" steel.Kind of tight fitting,though.

Very good sounding for the money.Maybe not up to par with the best top-notch expensive headphones but,a good middle ground.

Date: January 7, 2022 18:58

liddas
frankotero

So true!

Was given these high-end super duper headphones sometime ago, with cables as thick as mooring lines ... they lasted less than a week!

Still have no idea why these things don't come with jacks, so that you can easily replace the cable when it breaks

C

The V-Moda headphones I bought actually do come with a jack to swap out the cable.

And those plates with the Rolling Stones logo might fit other V-Moda headphones.

They screw on and off and the company has offered customized plates ..... probably still does ..... I haven't checked in a few years.

Rolling Stones x V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless Over-Ear Headphone in Black, Classic Licks (RSTONES-Classic)
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 2, 2022 06:06

The Rolling Stones Partner With Audio Brand V-MODA to Release Limited-Edition Headphones
The new officially-licensed wireless headphones include designs inspired by The Rolling Stones logos and albums

By SAGE ANDERSON

V-MODA, which has long been the go-to audio brand for DJs, has partnered with The Rolling Stones to release a new line of headphones inspired by the band’s lyrics, logo artwork and albums.

Three officially-licensed pairs of Stones-branded headphones are continuing V-MODA’s series of collaborations with musicians and legacy estates, like Jimi Hendrix. You can showcase the style and swagger of the band with three exclusive designs, titled “Classic Licks”, “No Filter” and “Tattoo You.” Fans of the band and musicians looking to jam out can enjoy these custom V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless headphones available on Amazon and V-MODA’s site.

The limited-edition line combines the iconic artwork with V-MODA’s highly-rated headphones — the Bluetooth headphones feature V-MODA’s unique hexagonal-shaped ear pads, along with their unique metal headband. These headphones are meant for both pure analog wired and wireless listening, and are a favorite amongst professional musicians worldwide. But with pairing on multiple devices at a time (say, on your phone and your laptop) they’re great for casual listening, too.

Based on the recognizable tongue logo, the “Classic Licks” headphones feature the original design created in 1970 by artist John Pasche on the outside of the ear cups. The “No Filter” design, meantime, is inspired by the band’s No Filter Tour that began in Hamburg, Germany in 2017.

The last pair in the collection, called the “Tattoo You,” (below) pays homage to the chart-topping, multiplatinum album originally released in 1981. The headphones feature an old-school, traditional tattoo design around the tongue logo, with the name of the studio album on the ear cup.

[/img]https://www.rollingstone.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/0W8A9715.jpeg?w=683

You don’t have to be a classic rock fan to enjoy the studio-quality sound from these headphones. All three pairs of the V-MODA Crossfade 2 don’t skimp on tech features — the headphones boast up to 14 hours of wireless playback on a single charge, and unlimited listening in wired mode. Audiophiles will also appreciate the 50mm dual-diaphragm drivers for deep, distinct bass, and an immersive 3D soundstage. The large memory foam ear cushions and steel flex headband provide ergonomic comfort for those longer listening sessions.

Each pair in the Crossfade 2 Wireless Rolling Stones Edition collection includes the limited-edition headphones, charging cables, gold-plated 1/4-inch Pro Adapter, and a hard-shell travel case.

[www.amazon.com]

Re: Rolling Stones x V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless Over-Ear Headphone in Black, Classic Licks (RSTONES-Classic)
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 2, 2022 06:17

Crossfade 2 Wireless x Rolling Stones

V-MODA award-winning signature sound (50+ Editors’ Choice Awards) both in
wireless mode via Bluetooth technology and wired mode for pure analog and
zero latency essential for gamers and DJs

Lithium-ion battery provides up to 14 hours of continuous music, entertainment
and calls. Recharge it to 100% in 100 minutes thanks to the included elegant
V-Micro USB cable; unlimited hours of music in analog wired mode

Dual-diaphragm 50mm drivers and hi-resolution CCAW Japanese coil for Hi-Res
Audio certification (JAS) when cabled + Qualcomm aptX audio codec for CD
Quality wireless audio playback (Rose Gold model only)

Package Weight: 1.6 pounds

$279.99

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: March 2, 2022 22:01

Has anyone actually got these yet? I'm keen to see the packaging.

Also is the Carnaby version available yet in the physical Carnaby Store? Keen to see a photo of them too....

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Stones headphones
Posted by: stoneskid ()
Date: March 30, 2022 05:25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1448
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home