Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: C*cksucker Blues
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 30, 2012 17:00

treaclefingers
StonesTod
LillithFlair
StonesTod
71Tele
Much of the "debauchery" was staged for the cameras.

i prefer my debauchery well-rehearsed.

Well of course, how else can you be sure you're doing it correctly?

I only saw it on YouTube recently. I was not terribly impressed but I found the Mick/Bianca interaction interesting. Since I was only old enough to become aware of them in the later 70's as they were breaking up it was kind of sweet to see that they seemed happy and in love at one point. The much vaunted "airplane orgy" was rather anticlimactic (pun intended).

and the tv tossing was one of the worst tv tossings i've ever seen...staged or otherwise. that didn't get rehearsed nearly enough, obviously...

I think the obvious problem with the TV tossing was that it was simply too heavy for Keith's spindaly arms. If Keith were to do it today, he'd have the advantage of it being an LED flatscreen. much thinner and lighter. He'd have been able to hurl it like a frisbee.

That, would have been something.

something to consider, then, for the upcoming megatour. i know you're reading this, keith....

Re: CS Blues
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: July 30, 2012 17:33

I think it blows Gimme Shelter away - sure, it's a bleak, tunnel-visioned, joyless slog through poorly-lit underbellies - but that's just what this amazing tour seemed like. Plus, the performance footage is raw and unfiltered - and unlike the Maysles, Frank does not work hard to create a narrative - or if he does, the narrative is so sketchy, disjointed and random that it feels more real.

Date: July 30, 2012 17:35

hbwriter
I think it blows Gimme Shelter away - sure, it's a bleak, tunnel-visioned, joyless slog through poorly-lit underbellies - but that's just what this amazing tour seemed like. Plus, the performance footage is raw and unfiltered - and unlike the Maysles, Frank does not work hard to create a narrative - or if he does, the narrative is so sketchy, disjointed and random that it feels more real.

i don't wanna go to the movies with you

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 30, 2012 20:51

StonesTod
hbwriter

well certainly not a movie called c*cksucker blues. That would get the tongues a waggin'.

Date: July 30, 2012 20:52

treaclefingers
StonesTod
hbwriter

well certainly not a movie called c*cksucker blues. That would get the tongues a waggin'.

nobody goes to the movies anymore, anyway. too much violence.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 30, 2012 21:52

It was not a particularily healthy time for that business and taken out of context one can lose alot of respect for the people involved. As in most large touring communes the idiots are usually the loudest and most engaging and this tour/film is no exception. The coke talk alone is enough to make me cringe.

I gave my copy away. I imagine it was probably EDITED considerably, what was left on the cutting room floor was probably even worse. Not proper behaviour for a Queen's Knight. peace

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: July 31, 2012 02:17

NL! Hey, I have something for ya - if you would, shoot me your address via email

Re: C*cksucker Blues
Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: July 31, 2012 04:57

I remember seeing it at the Whitney Museum in he early 80's. We had to wait on line for hours. Then after we got into the theator section it was another few hours before it was shown.

With all the mystery and hype in the papers back then we thought it was going to be a life changing event!...lol.....I remember being almost bored to tears. The highlight was Keith and Bobby Keys throwing the TV off the balcony.

About 10 or 15 years ago a friend of mine gave me a bootleg copy that he got from a store on Thompson street in Greenwich Village. I think its still up in my attic right now. I might have watched it once.

Two thumbs down

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: July 31, 2012 05:08

I still think that the brief segment in this movie of them doing All Down the Line is probably my all-time favorite live snippet that was ever captured on video. The way the sound is so LOUD and the way Mick is all over bobbing, weaving, smiling at Charlie for a quick second, before turning again and then grabbing that microphone...

Great stuff.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: July 31, 2012 16:50

StonesTod
hbwriter

grinning smiley
Like I said, I like CS Blues, but I think Gimme Shelter is a better movie.

Date: August 1, 2012 00:54

LieB
StonesTod
hbwriter

grinning smiley
Like I said, I like CS Blues, but I think Gimme Shelter is a better movie.

i'll take you to the movies sometime, then. you're just my kind.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: August 1, 2012 04:01

strawberries AND blueberries

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: August 1, 2012 04:32

And an apple.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 1, 2012 04:52

How about a clip?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1586
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home