Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ronnie Wood "Abstract Performance" Billboard - London, February 1
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 1, 2022 22:56

Pump Station @ Westfield

Getty Images

Getty Images

Getty Images

Getty Images

Getty Images

Re: Ronnie Wood "Abstract Performance" Billboard - London, February 1
Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: February 1, 2022 23:02

Ronnie looks is having fun.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 1, 2022 23:09

Thats awesome!
thanks for posting
Hope they put one in NYC!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-02 00:11 by spikenyc.

Date: February 1, 2022 23:10

Ronnie Wood unveils Rolling Stones artwork, talks tour hopes

By HILARY FOX - Associated Press
February 1, 2022

Joel C. Ryan/Invision/AP

LONDON (AP) — Ronnie Wood had to use stairs to sign his name on his latest work of art — a giant abstract painting of the Rolling Stones.

Unveiled on the corner of the aptly named Wood Lane and Ariel Way in the Shepherd’s Bush area of west London, the music star painted his name on a billboard showing his work.

“It’s great because they finally discovered I can paint,” exclaimed Wood. “Nobody knows I can paint, so we’ve got to make sure that people realize I can.”

Called “Abstract Performance,” it’s based on Picasso’s “The Three Dancers” and shows him on stage with the rest of the Stones, Charlie Watts, Keith Richards and Mick Jagger.

He completed the painting in 2020 and there are also others in the series, but Mick Jagger gets no clothes in any of them.

“He’s nude in all of them, because I got the original inspiration from a Picasso piece called ‘The Dancers’ and they were all prancing about in the nude. And I thought, why not? You know, it’s a good form of expression.”

Talking about Watts, who died aged 80 in August, Wood said it meant a lot to them that he gave him their blessing to carry on touring and use Steve Jordan in his place on drums.

The Rolling Stones hope to play a summer tour this year.

Wood also discussed painting a portrait of the Duke of Edinburgh, which was finished shortly before his death in April 2021.

“I’m very pleased with it. It’s a charcoal, a brown sepia pastel of the Duke, and I’d finished it shortly before he died and I was going to show it to him. And then William heard about it and he asked me to present it to him at Kensington Palace, and he wants to show the Queen, so I’m very honored.”

Wood is selling limited editions of “Abstract Performance” until Feb. 14 on his website.

[apnews.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-02-01 23:11 by bye bye johnny.

Date: February 1, 2022 23:17

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 2, 2022 00:34

The things you can do because you are a celebrity... I wonder what the average Wood art consumer think about abstract painting though? Is it really their cup of tea?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: February 2, 2022 03:02

Glad Ronnie is healthy and still sober.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 2, 2022 04:43

Great to see smileys with beer

Ronnie looking good and living/loving life.
Gotta love it.. like how he worked "nice bunch of guys" into the clip.

Not a fan of the abstract pieces, but this works better on the larger scale imo.

Date: February 2, 2022 16:48

From Ellie Henman's piece in The Sun:

Ronnie also revealed the group were planning a tour around Europe in the coming months and were putting live music above their hotly anticipated new record.

He said of the album: “It’s coming along slowly. It’s the gaps in between that eat up all the time. It is a matter of getting us all together again. “Everyone is in a different part of the world.

"So instead of putting emphasis on rushing an album, we’re doing the opposite and taking a really long time. And we’re putting live shows first.”

The painting, which Ronnie said was the “third in a trilogy of Picasso stones influence”, is on display at Wood Lane in West London until February 14.

And while the unveiling drew admiration from the crowds gathered around, Ronnie said his bandmates had also given the piece their blessing.

He said: “They have all got used to my paintings now and they all like them. I used to show them my paintings at the beginning and they’d be like, ‘Oh blimey. Not another one.’

“They really like them now. Mick is naked in all of them. The inspiration is Picasso’s three dancers. And I thought why not?”

[www.the-sun.com]

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 3, 2022 17:49

Ronnie's looking good. thumbs up

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 4, 2022 03:24

Only just seen this longer video of Ronnie in Wood Lane. thumbs up

Don't know if it's been posted before on here.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: February 4, 2022 14:21

Ronnie Wood:
The reaction to the Abstract Performance billboard has been amazing & we want to give everyone a part of it! Each print is numbered, personally dedicated & signed by me, & you'll receive a segment of the Wood Lane billboard. Available until 15 Feb
[t.co]

[twitter.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home