Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: The 10 worst moments of the Rolling Stones.
Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: July 21, 2012 12:39

Miss You with Justin Timberlake, Toronto 2003.

Posted by: GypsyRollnStone ()
Date: July 21, 2012 12:44

One of the reasons why Stones fans get on so well together is because they hate the same things.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: July 21, 2012 12:55

The Stones
Miss You with Justin Timberlake, Toronto 2003.

"Miss You" is boring live since they started to play it except during the 1978 US tour...I'm sure that Mick take more pleasure to sing it than "Satisfaction" smiling bouncing smiley

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-21 12:56 by Honestman.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: July 21, 2012 13:37

The "celebration" of their 50th anniversary. Not a note of music, simply embarrassing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-21 17:00 by RobertJohnson.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 21, 2012 14:18

windmelody
Europe 2007. What a nightmare!

Verchter ....

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 21, 2012 15:11

More than half of what the newspaper calls "worst moments"
is part of their legacy.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: July 21, 2012 15:44

The list is kind of random with no theme to it. They call Emotional Rescue 9th worst, but never mentioned Ekaterina, the tree fall, Tara Richards' death, ... oh well, nevermind.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: July 21, 2012 16:38

this is funny:
As for the band’s worst song, try the title track from the album “Emotional Rescue” released in 1980. Mick Jagger tries to sound like the Bee Gees.

exactly...Mick..forget it Barry Gibb is way too good when it come to this style of singing ! and arguably song writing !

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: July 21, 2012 16:40

-Duets with Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake en Dave Matthews.
-Streets of Love in that soap / Voodoo Lounge in Beverly Hills 90210
-Tour Europe 2007
-Videoclip of Start Me Up
-Ticket Prices since 1999
-The omission of Bill on the Rarities cover
-Dirty Work (obviously)
-Lyrics for Rough Justice, Streets of Love and Sparks Will Fly
-'It's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere.' (Keith)
-posing instead of weaving.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 21, 2012 16:46

NoCode0680

Those are fantastic pants!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 21, 2012 16:46

mr edward
-Tour Europe 2007
-Dirty Work (obviously)

Quite possibly the funniest moment in the last 50 years.

Date: July 21, 2012 16:48

art of weaving post 1982

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 21, 2012 17:03

Munichhilton
NoCode0680

charlie isn't wearing any, you know

Date: July 21, 2012 17:05

Munichhilton
NoCode0680

at least they had a bass player...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 21, 2012 17:10

Bill Wyman leaving should be a top ten moment as well.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 21, 2012 17:11

mr edward
-Tour Europe 2007
-Dirty Work (obviously)

Good choices, apart from the Aguilera duet. Highlight of that awful Shine A Light movie - together with Buddy Guy's guest appearance

Another worst choice/bad decision was releasing Love You Live instead of the complete El Mocambo 1977 show. Can't be said too many times.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 21, 2012 17:13

Erik_Snow
mr edward
-Tour Europe 2007
-Dirty Work (obviously)

Good choices, apart from the Aguilera duet. Highlight of that awful Shine A Light movie - together with Buddy Guy's guest appearance

Another worst choice/bad decision was releasing Love You Live instead of the complete El Mocambo 1977 show. Can't be said too many times.

Say it again, and again....and then again

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 21, 2012 17:15

Munichhilton
Erik_Snow
mr edward
-Tour Europe 2007
-Dirty Work (obviously)

Say it again, and again....and then again

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: July 21, 2012 17:26

Erik_Snow

Ad Libwinking smiley

HMN

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 21, 2012 17:32

what about Jagger wearing the Madonna microphone !!! disgusting.[/quote]

I agree with that YUKKKKKKK. I also think the 1978 Saturday night live performance was Horrific.

Date: July 21, 2012 18:22

virgil
what about Jagger wearing the Madonna microphone !!! disgusting.

I agree with that YUKKKKKKK. I also think the 1978 Saturday night live performance was Horrific.[/quote]

yes..vocal-wise was terrible, but i'd rather cringe thru that than watch Jagger do some pathetic Madonna-inspired microphone vocal !!! f****k !

Posted by: django ()
Date: July 21, 2012 18:42

The worst moment in the historý of the Rolling Stones?

Playing a private concert for Deutsche Bank managers in 2007.

Only in it for the money? I'm afraid that the answer is YES!

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 21, 2012 19:19

django
The worst moment in the historý of the Rolling Stones?

Playing a private concert for Deutsche Bank managers in 2007.

Only in it for the money? I'm afraid that the answer is YES!

sure,but they did at least another private one before,if I remember correctly.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 21, 2012 22:20

Right here. Total disrespect for The Stones. A drunken idiot that shouldn't even be singing at an open mic that night. THE lowest for the Stones for all times.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 21, 2012 22:22

Eleanor Rigby
Munichhilton
NoCode0680

at least they had a bass player...

Who? Ronnie and keith. Another reason why the 80's sucked.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 21, 2012 22:45

More Hot Rocks
Right here. Total disrespect for The Stones. A drunken idiot that shouldn't even be singing at an open mic that night. THE lowest for the Stones for all times.

I´ld never call Dave Matthews an idiot...

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: July 21, 2012 23:17

lettingitbleed
Nothing in this world is worse than the Dirty Work cover.

Nothing.

except this thread..

Date: July 21, 2012 23:25

ChefGuevara
9. Filthy words — In February 2006 the band performed at the Super Bowl and Mr. Jagger was asked to omit some words with sexual connotations from two songs. As expected, he did not and his microphone was temporarily dipped.

Filthy words? They had no control over that - they are part of the songs. They agreed to do it. They can't help it the SB people are so Disney about crap like that. Not a worst moment.

ChefGuevara
8. “The Ed Sullivan Show” — In a performance on “The Ed Sullivan Show” in 1967, Sullivan requested Mr. Jagger to change the line in the song “Let’s Spend the Night Together,” to “Let’s spend some time together.” After cursing out talent coordinator Vince Calandra before going on the stage, Mr. Jagger does what he is told but sarcastically exaggerates the altered lyrics and rolls his eyes.

See above.

ChefGuevara
7. The “Undercover” album art cover — The 1983 album “Undercover” had one of the absolutely worst art covers: a naked lady with her private parts covered by decals which could be peeled off.

You have bad taste. Or no taste. Awesome LP cover. Peel offs are bad? What are you, 90 years old? "Private parts"? Why not just say what it is? Her pussy had a sticker over it!

ChefGuevara
6. X-rated documentary — On their 1972 tour of the U.S., the Rolling Stones let Robert Frank film a behind-the-scenes documentary. When the band saw the finished project, it was so provocative, raunchy and raw they sued to prevent it being shown. Mr. Frank won a court ruling which allows him to screen it four times a year. According to Rolling Stone magazine, in one scene a roadie “has sex with a reluctant-looking groupie on a plane while the band bangs on percussion instruments.” “I hope you are all ready for misogyny, boredom and ecstasy — stupor and exhaustion,” warned Jeff Rosenheim, when it was screened at Metropolitan Museum of Art in 2009.

See bold word. You get what you pay for.

ChefGuevara
5. Drug bust —Mr. Jagger was arrested in 1967 with Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards for possession of an illegal drug and was initially sentenced to a year in prison. Both convictions were overturned following an appeal. In 1977, Mr. Richards was arrested in Toronto on charges of cocaine and heroin possession but escaped punishment. Years later, Rolling Stone guitarist Ron Wood estimated he spent more than $25 million on drugs and alcohol.

Perhaps at the time it was bad. But in the long run, they got some tunes out of it. Not so bad afterall. In fact, most likely worth it. How you equate Ronnie Wood to their 1967 bust is plain ol' bad journalism. You might as well say "By 2008 The Rolling Stones were as old as 15 conch shells in the Bahamas."

ChefGuevara
4. Misogynist billboard — The Rolling Stones promoted their album “Black and Blue” with a billboard on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood that featured model Anita Russell bruised and bound by Mr. Jagger under the phrase, “I’m Black and Blue from the Rolling Stones — and I love it!” The billboard was removed after protests by the group Women Against Violence Against Women, although it garnered the band widespread media coverage.

At the time it was probably artistic and thought provoking for a band to do that. It was an ADVERTISEMENT. Nowadays it might be considered bland. For The Rolling Stones, hilarious. For people that were becoming more aware of things, no. Alas, it was not reality - just like movies. Over-reaction.

ChefGuevara
3. Kids as drug mules — When the band was recording “Exile on Main St.” in France in the early 1970s, socialite Tommy Weber flew in for Mr. Jagger’s wedding with a kilo of cocaine. According to Robert Greenfield in his recent “Exile on Main St.: A Season in Hell With the Rolling Stones,” Weber got the drugs past customs by using money belts strapped underneath the clothes of his two small sons, who were to be pageboys at Mr. Jagger’s wedding.

And? You're going by a book? Have you read that anywhere else? And even if it is true, everyone was doing it - so what's the big deal? Nobody got hurt. Damn. That's really low. No good. Doesn't count.

ChefGuevara
2. The death at Altamont — During a performance of “Sympathy for the Devil” by the Rolling Stones at the Altamont Speedway Free Festival, a fight erupted in front of the stage. The Stones continued to perform through the melee. Then, during the song “Under My Thumb,” 18-year-old Meredith Hunter was stabbed to death by a member of the Hell’s Angels, who were hired as security and paid with free beer. The stabbing was recorded in the film “Gimme Shelter.”

What if that idiot died while someone else was playing? It means nothing. History has overindulged itself with this crap. It was his problem, not the Stones'. A big deal made out of nothing.

ChefGuevara
1. The death of Brian Jones — Hard-living Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones was found dead in his swimming pool in July 1969. The talented instrumentalist and original leader of the Stones died at his mansion in rural Sussex, months after leaving the band. The death was ruled “death by misadventure.” It was generally assumed, the 27-year-old’s death was due to a drug overdose. Conspiracy theories abound, as some believe Jones was murdered. Mr. Jagger and Mr. Richards did not attend the funeral. In 2010, police said they would not reopen the case despite new evidence.

Since he was officially out of the band, how could it have anything to do with the Stones? Weak. THEY had nothing to do with it.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: July 21, 2012 23:25

Eleanor Rigby
art of weaving post 1982

OH YES!!! thank you!!..someone finally mentioned it!!! whooo-hoo!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: July 21, 2012 23:27

I would have put the edit of Rocks Off from Live Licks on the list.

[thepowergoats.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1871
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home