Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Keith Richards and Patti Hansen to meet children and grandchildren for Vogue (Photos)
Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: July 21, 2012 15:08

stupidguy2
elunsi
TrulyMicks
elunsi
it seems that I am the only one who finds some of these pictures somewhat embarrassing confused smiley.
Mostly the first one...

Why the first one? Is it because he looks like a mess? The one of them in bed reading is what appalled me. Are they really reading Life to a child? Hope they're not serious about it being a bedtime story confused smiley

I should have taken a second look. I mean the first of the family photos, that one that is posted above.
Everybody says it is good to see them having a happy time together, and I am sure they love each other, but we do NOT see snapshots of their family life. They POSE for these pictures. It´s kitsch to me.

Yeah...its not a 'problem'
just ironic to me: all the shit the Keith brigades leveled at Mick and his fashion associations...and here we have the Richards clan, including Lucie, a member of a rather aristo family....
Again, not a problem..just kind of funny.

Kitsch is a good way to describe it, Elunsi. (kind of like the handbags winking smiley)
And I agree Stupidguy2, it's no problem but something is off to me when I look at them, and then..sorry to repeat myself...but the one in bed reading Life to a little girl is just too much. That is awful.

Re: Keith Richards and Patti Hansen to meet children and grandchildren for Vogue (Photos)
Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: July 21, 2012 16:26

C'mon, of course it's kitsch. Aren't all posed celebrity photo shoots?

Clearly these are not to be taken seriously

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 21, 2012 18:44

TrulyMicks
stupidguy2
elunsi
TrulyMicks
elunsi
it seems that I am the only one who finds some of these pictures somewhat embarrassing confused smiley.
Mostly the first one...

Why the first one? Is it because he looks like a mess? The one of them in bed reading is what appalled me. Are they really reading Life to a child? Hope they're not serious about it being a bedtime story confused smiley

I should have taken a second look. I mean the first of the family photos, that one that is posted above.
Everybody says it is good to see them having a happy time together, and I am sure they love each other, but we do NOT see snapshots of their family life. They POSE for these pictures. It´s kitsch to me.

Yeah...its not a 'problem'
just ironic to me: all the shit the Keith brigades leveled at Mick and his fashion associations...and here we have the Richards clan, including Lucie, a member of a rather aristo family....
Again, not a problem..just kind of funny.

Kitsch is a good way to describe it, Elunsi. (kind of like the handbags winking smiley)
And I agree Stupidguy2, it's no problem but something is off to me when I look at them, and then..sorry to repeat myself...but the one in bed reading Life to a little girl is just too much. That is awful.

And Marlon's hippie dress.....lol
You can just hear the photographer say, 'Ok, on the count of three, everybody hug each other and smile!'
Yes, its kitsch. Especially for someone like Keith. But like I said, I don't downplay their happiness...

Date: July 22, 2012 17:15

nightskyman

To a point, but the posing here is just OTT imo. It's funny to me.

Date: July 23, 2012 11:50

To me it would funny if there was one little nephew running around who was really fat, and had dark curly hair, and everyone would be like "Ssup?"

Or he'd be real loud and overbearing. While all are being all vogue and blond, he'd be "i am the true heir to all things Keith ".

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 23, 2012 18:34

TrulyMicks
nightskyman

It is really strange that Keith would suddenly take to posing. He would never do something like that when he was with the Rolling Stones. All of their photos were completely impromtu, like this one here where they just decided they would hold hands. Guys do that all the time, right?

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: July 23, 2012 18:51

CindyC
TrulyMicks
nightskyman

It is really strange that Keith would suddenly take to posing. He would never do something like that when he was with the Rolling Stones. All of their photos were completely impromtu, like this one here where they just decided they would hold hands. Guys do that all the time, right?

The posing is not new, of course. But it would not occur to anybody to say look how much they love each other because they hold hands winking smiley

Date: July 23, 2012 19:00

elunsi
The posing is not new, of course. But it would not occur to anybody to say look how much they love each other because they hold hands winking smiley

I respectfully disagree. I think the hand holding is MUCH less cool than looking in love photo.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: July 23, 2012 19:00

Keith is photographed without a cigarette in hand and out come the critics! I guess some of you would have preferred to have seen him passed out, needle in arm, bottle of Jack Daniel's in his lap. You know, to keep up with that "rock star" image that you all love so much? Fu-ck this family man shit! and fu-ck censorship.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-23 19:02 by GumbootCloggeroo.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 23, 2012 19:44

CindyC
elunsi

I respectfully disagree. I think the hand holding is MUCH less cool than looking in love photo.

I don't know about cool, but that photo is one of my favorite of the band, posed or not. I always felt it showed their affection for one another, they look like they are having fun at that moment. As for the looking in love photo, I think it's is sweet and does show how much they care for one another.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 23, 2012 19:53

CindyC
TrulyMicks
nightskyman

It's one thing when you posing for the camera as part of your job as a pop star. It is clear that the show business is impossible without pictures, without displaying the image. It's totally different to pose for the magazine as "a family" - in borrowed clothes, including young children and "portray" a happy family following the director's instructions
Staged scenes from family life - it's SO tasteless

And yes, it's ironic - Richards for so many years blamed Mick for constant showing off, for his efforts to be in the spotlight at any cost,that Jagger forgot who he was - and now he does it himself. Nothing wrong with it(exept for poor taste but Mick never was tasteless) but I can't help asking - what was the REAL reason for Keith's criticism and all this judging and pointing finger pose?

Date: July 23, 2012 20:04

proudmary
CindyC
TrulyMicks
nightskyman

It's one thing when you posing for the camera as part of your job as a pop star. It is clear that the show business is impossible without pictures, without displaying the image. It's totally different to pose for the magazine as "a family" - in borrowed clothes, including young children and "portray" a happy family following the director's instructions

And yes, it's ironic - Richards for so many years blamed Mick for constant showing off, for his efforts to be in the spotlight at any cost,that Jagger forgot who he was - and now he does it himself. Nothing wrong with it(exept for poor taste but Mick never was tasteless) but I can't help asking - what was the REAL reason for Keith's criticism and all this judging and pointing finger pose?

Why take the pictures so seriously? Both Mick and Keith have done magazine spreads over the years, as have many pop stars. I always enjoy seeing pictures of them, whatever the setting. Tasteless? Well you could say that about any celebrity posing for pictures, it's show biz. I think just to see the man sets you off proudmary.

Date: July 23, 2012 20:07

sorry - that was not nice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-23 20:12 by CindyC.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: July 23, 2012 20:10

I don´t have much against the photos per se, exept that I find some-the group photos-a bit odd, especially for Keith Richards, but my point was, that they don´t show love, like many here say. Any group of models could pose like that who don´t even know each other. And OF COURSE they do not read Keith´s book to a child. eye rolling smiley The only one who shows real emotion is the little baby girl smiling smiley.

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: July 23, 2012 20:12

I remember chatting with Keef w/Patti in tow, right when they came back to NYC after their honeymoon...It's nice to see them still together...

Date: July 23, 2012 20:18

It wasn't nice too. Peace?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-23 20:19 by proudmary.

Date: July 23, 2012 20:27

oh Mary - i missed it before you edited it out. Did you get me with a good one! HAHAHA

All in fun (at least on my end).

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: July 23, 2012 20:37

CindyC
oh Mary - i missed it before you edited it out. Did you get me with a good one! HAHAHA

All in fun (at least on my end).

Always enjoy your posts, Cindy. It would be great if you could post more often. Many here take everything too seriously, your sense of humor is missing

Date: July 23, 2012 20:40

GumbootCloggeroo
Keith is photographed without a cigarette in hand and out come the critics! I guess some of you would have preferred to have seen him passed out, needle in arm, bottle of Jack Daniel's in his lap. You know, to keep up with that "rock star" image that you all love so much? Fu-ck this family man shit! and fu-ck censorship.

That's not it at all. I would much rather see him happy with family than see him passed out. I actually don't like his rock star image much at all.

Date: July 23, 2012 20:47

proudmary
Always enjoy your posts, Cindy. It would be great if you could post more often. Many here take everything too seriously, your sense of humor is missing

Oh that was very nice of you to say. smileys with beer I kinda feel like I don't have anything left to say though. I posted a lifetime's worth my first 2 years here.

Date: July 23, 2012 20:50

latebloomer
Why take the pictures so seriously? Both Mick and Keith have done magazine spreads over the years, as have many pop stars. I always enjoy seeing pictures of them, whatever the setting. Tasteless? Well you could say that about any celebrity posing for pictures, it's show biz. I think just to see the man sets you off proudmary.

I'm not. I was just making a comment. To me, it seems as though they are trying very hard to convey their love....no big deal though...I just found them a little odd.

Regarding the band picture...I love it!

Date: July 23, 2012 21:04

CindyC
proudmary

Oh that was very nice of you to say. smileys with beer I kinda feel like I don't have anything left to say though. I posted a lifetime's worth my first 2 years here.

I'm sure that you still have plenty to say
But I understand what you mean. I probably spend too much time on it at the expense of my job or my spare time - and my family isn't always happy about it

Date: July 23, 2012 21:18

proudmary
and my family isn't always happy about it

We can't all have happy families like Keith does (having lots of money to go on vacations and not work much or clean or cook helps I'm sure!)

Date: July 23, 2012 21:41

TrulyMicks
latebloomer

I'm not. I was just making a comment. To me, it seems as though they are trying very hard to convey their love....no big deal though...I just found them a little odd.

I agree that the pictures are very staged, more like a fashion shoot then a family spread. I do like the one of Keith and Patti laughing, it seems the most natural. It's fun to have a place where we can scrutinze a bunch of pictures of an old rocker and his family, my own family would think I was nuts. I appreciate that people are willing to share their opinions here even if we don't always agree.smiling smiley

Date: July 23, 2012 21:43

CindyC
proudmary
and my family isn't always happy about it

We can't all have happy families like Keith does (having lots of money to go on vacations and not work much or clean or cook helps I'm sure!)

Oh, dear... if only I earned on my book as much as Keith on his own.
 But I am really happy when I see my children with my book (no matter they do not read the language on which the book is written)
So next time they come to photograph my family - I'll give all children a copy in their hands

Date: July 23, 2012 23:13

latebloomer
TrulyMicks
latebloomer

I agree that the pictures are very staged, more like a fashion shoot then a family spread. I do like the one of Keith and Patti laughing, it seems the most natural. It's fun to have a place where we can scrutinze a bunch of pictures of an old rocker and his family, my own family would think I was nuts. I appreciate that people are willing to share their opinions here even if we don't always agree.smiling smiley

Thanks. I agree...it is fun and we are a bit nuts!grinning smiley

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 23, 2012 23:37

proudmary
CindyC
TrulyMicks
nightskyman

Page 312 in "According To The Rolling Stones",the picture taken by Mario Testino in 2000 with Jagger,Jerry Hall and the kids...how would you call that ?

Tasteless or just a family shot for whatever reason ?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 23, 2012 23:55

proudmary
what was the REAL reason for Keith's criticism and all this judging and pointing finger pose?

Probably he has done this all just to annoy you smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 24, 2012 00:03

Rolling Hansie
proudmary
what was the REAL reason for Keith's criticism and all this judging and pointing finger pose?

Probably he has done this all just to annoy you smiling smiley

Probably, but I can assure you I post here not to specifically annoy you winking smiley

Date: July 24, 2012 00:10

hot smiley

What a great photo session! grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home