Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Keith Richards and Patti Hansen to meet children and grandchildren for Vogue (Photos)
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 20, 2012 02:51

dcba
Imho these pix are a bigger offense to the band's name than Mick's knighthood...

What do you find so offensive about them? Them look pretty harmless to me, Keith is only in a few and they are lovely. As for the rest,they are almost all pictures of those in the family who are or where models. It's what they do.

Re: Keith Richards and Patti Hansen to meet children and grandchildren for Vogue (Photos)
Posted by: viejorolinga ()
Date: July 20, 2012 02:58

dcba
Imho these pix are a bigger offense to the band's name than Mick's knighthood...

offensive about them? .........

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: July 20, 2012 07:13

dcba

I'm confused...Dude's got money cause he was/is really talented and a smart business man. Are you offended cause you don't have a nice beach house?

[www.non-filters.com]

Date: July 20, 2012 08:59

Munichhilton
ThroughTheLonelyNights
Excellent - thanks!

these photos show : H A P P I N E S S and L O V E

Wish you would post more often.
Even your screen name brings a smile!

Thanks ! Nice of you.

But I think I´ll leave the posting to others and prefer reading. I´m not so much into facts and analyzing the stones. Comments (on a board concerning the stones) are not really my cup of tea (in contrast to my "real life" behaviour).

Anyway I like to be informed and I visit this board nearly daily for more than 15 years now and enjoy reading it. My first screen name was different and "ThroughTheLonelyNights" was my password. But for some reason

Date: July 20, 2012 09:12

Munichhilton
ThroughTheLonelyNights
Excellent - thanks!

these photos show : H A P P I N E S S and L O V E

Wish you would post more often.
Even your screen name brings a smile!

Nice of you. Thanks !

But I think I´ll leave the posting to others and prefer reading. I´m not so much into facts and analyzing the stones. Comments (on a board) are not really my cup of tea (in contrast to my "real life" behaviour). But once in a while I like to say something....

I visit this board nearly daily for more than 15 years now and enjoy reading it. My first screen name was different and "ThroughTheLonelyNights" was my password. But for some reason BV changed it the other way round.....and I just left it that way. This song was my first emotional confrontation with the stones and also it suits me well....

Now that was much too much of a comment!

Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: July 20, 2012 10:54

Angela and Dominic were divorced two or three years ago. The guy in the first photo, Graham, is her boyfriend and the father of her daughter Ava.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 20, 2012 11:00

I really loved this photo shoot. The ethnic fashions gave it a retro 1960s feel. Except for Theodora's minor brush with the law, Keith's children have not been involved in any trouble. There are no scenes of public drunkenness. They seem like a genuinely close and happy family. They can't help being attractive; Patti and Anita were famous models. Although I haven't seen pictures of it, I imagine the house in Parrot Cay is no Versailles, just a big, comfortable beach house.

Who is the little dark-haired boy..maybe Graham Whitney's child?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-20 11:08 by Bliss.

Posted by: gypsy18 ()
Date: July 20, 2012 11:08

Agree. I love all the rich, colorful fabrics and the jewelry.
I'm envious. I hope they realize how extremely lucky they are to be able to travel the world bc of Keith's fortune.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 20, 2012 11:20

cool pics, indeed. I like the Hippie look

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 20, 2012 12:01

stupidguy2
Wonderful photos...I want that life.
Its funny how Keith/Anita used to sneer at Mick (with Bianca, Jerry) in the fashion mags...but the Richards clan has become quite the fashion/Vogue darlings.

With this wealth, all these properties around the world and the vanity of a true rock star it's impressive how all these years Richards has managed to preserve the image of salt of the earth, the guy from the next door who has stayed true to his free-wheeling, subversive roots, all the way advertising the idea of Jagger having sold out and grumbling about Mick’s conceit, social climbing and pretentiousness

But at the end of the day it turns out that this is not so bad to be on the pages of glossy magazines,to smile to the cameras on the red carpets and to go to restaurants with other famous people, right Keith?

Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: July 20, 2012 15:10

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 20, 2012 15:50

It's beauty and the beast really. There is the advantage with being a rock star. You can marry down on age and up on beauty. Patti, on the other hand, married up on age and down on beauty but, maybe foremost, up on wealth. Seems to be some kind of Darwinistic law...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-20 16:13 by Stoneage.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: July 20, 2012 16:56

elunsi
it seems that I am the only one who finds some of these pictures somewhat embarrassing confused smiley.
Mostly the first one...

Why the first one? Is it because he looks like a mess? The one of them in bed reading is what appalled me. Are they really reading Life to a child? Hope they're not serious about it being a bedtime story confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-20 19:37 by TrulyMicks.

Posted by: MainStreetExile ()
Date: July 20, 2012 17:53

elunsi
it seems that I am the only one who finds some of these pictures somewhat embarrassing confused smiley.
Mostly the first one...

Count me in, it just all seems so phony, and there's one shot of Angela where she is practically hiding and that's it, either they gave her the shaft or she opted out of trying to compete with that blonde amazon parade. Patty looks great, of course, it's been her business to look good, and there are very few Connecticut wives married to outrageously rich men who aren't that pampered, she must spend more on skin care alone than I do on property taxes, and my property taxes are outrageous. Bet she never mowed a lawn or scrubbed a toilet in her life. Yes, I know she's in remission from cancer, but a lot of people are, and they have to scrub toilets and mow lawns and no one is taking any photos of them frolicking on the beach, not even at Coney Island. She's a Staten Island girl who lived the Staten Island dream, bagged herself a rich guy and got him to build her a house in Connecticut...all these thousands of years as a Stones fan, particularly of Keith, and I just never thought of him becoming part of something like this. Wouldn't mind seeing Teddy and Alex spending a year or two working a soup kitchen or helping on an Indian reservation, and not like Aunt Bianca in Halston fatigues. Look, Keith is just ill, I know you people don't want to accept it, neither do I, but I'm not good at closing my eyes and pretending it's nighttime, he's phoning it in on all levels, that's hard for me to see, and I do hope that they are half as happy as they say and that Teddy can eat French toast every morning and remain a size 2, but...I found this unsettling. At least they didn't hoist Anita into the fray.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 20, 2012 18:06

Count Dracula becomes Vanity Fair mag socialite... yuck!

At least Mick with his obsessive shagging still reeks of brimstone (somewhat).

Townsend warned them in 88 or 89 : don't grow old gracefully. It wouldn't suit you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-20 18:07 by dcba.

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: July 20, 2012 19:30

Keith and his family look great. For 50 years he sold you two products: his fantasy pirate image and his music. You bought both, now he's no longer selling either. He's playing on his beach with his grandchildren in front of his beach house.

OLDKR

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 20, 2012 19:48

oldkr
Keith and his family look great. For 50 years he sold you two products: his fantasy pirate image and his music. You bought both, now he's no longer selling either. He's playing on his beach with his grandchildren in front of his beach house.

OLDKR

HA! I don't see what the big deal is here - Keith's been in these types of magazines periodically for years. Why is it suddenly a problem? He's probably just doing it because his family talked him into it. He gave the guy a few photos and then left the rest to the family while he went back to bed.

As for Patti and the money - that's ridiculous. She could have left him a long time ago and made out very nicely if that's all she was interested in.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 20, 2012 20:09

They do absolutely what they want but why bring in a photographer?

It seems that, recently, his life has become like his music : comfy and boring.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 20, 2012 20:11

They look very happy

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 20, 2012 20:16

Great Pics. Thanks

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 20, 2012 20:43

Great pics indeed!
They -Keef and Patti- look realy happy.
Nothing wrong with that!

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: July 20, 2012 20:47

By the way I was looking for the Vogue in a couple of bookshops today, but I couldn't find the one with Keith in it.
In which number and what version (country) is this article?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 20, 2012 20:51

CindyC
Why is it suddenly a problem?

It isn't.
Just some nice pictures of a nice family.
Some people just like to make a problem out of everything.
Don't let it get to you.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 20, 2012 20:53

Thanks schillid. Great to see those pictures in good quality, especially the 1st one

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: July 20, 2012 20:57

TrulyMicks
elunsi
Mostly the first one...

Why the first one? Is it because he looks like a mess? The one of them in bed reading is what appalled me. Are they really reading Life to a child? Hope they're not serious about it being a bedtime story confused smiley

I should have taken a second look. I mean the first of the family photos, that one that is posted above.
Everybody says it is good to see them having a happy time together, and I am sure they love each other, but we do NOT see snapshots of their family life. They POSE for these pictures. It´s kitsch to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-20 21:15 by elunsi.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 20, 2012 20:58

Rolling Hansie
Thanks schillid. Great to see those pictures in good quality, especially the 1st one

Yes, thank you, that first one is wonderful. I love that Keith is no longer trying to hide his thinning hair under the bandanas. But those ears, oy gevalut!

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 20, 2012 21:18

dcba
They do absolutely what they want but why bring in a photographer?

It seems that, recently, his life has become like his music : comfy and boring.

yeah, it must be awful for him - staying as long as he wants in a tropical paradise, with his gorgeous supermodel wife and family who gets along and adores him.

i can see why he would want to give that up to be appear less boring to his fans.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 21, 2012 01:04

elunsi
TrulyMicks
elunsi
Mostly the first one...

I should have taken a second look. I mean the first of the family photos, that one that is posted above.
Everybody says it is good to see them having a happy time together, and I am sure they love each other, but we do NOT see snapshots of their family life. They POSE for these pictures. It´s kitsch to me.

Yeah...its not a 'problem'
just ironic to me: all the shit the Keith brigades leveled at Mick and his fashion associations...and here we have the Richards clan, including Lucie, a member of a rather aristo family....
Again, not a problem..just kind of funny.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 21, 2012 01:09

MainStreetExile
elunsi
Mostly the first one...

Count me in, it just all seems so phony, and there's one shot of Angela where she is practically hiding and that's it, either they gave her the shaft or she opted out of trying to compete with that blonde amazon parade. Patty looks great, of course, it's been her business to look good, and there are very few Connecticut wives married to outrageously rich men who aren't that pampered, she must spend more on skin care alone than I do on property taxes, and my property taxes are outrageous. Bet she never mowed a lawn or scrubbed a toilet in her life. Yes, I know she's in remission from cancer, but a lot of people are, and they have to scrub toilets and mow lawns and no one is taking any photos of them frolicking on the beach, not even at Coney Island. She's a Staten Island girl who lived the Staten Island dream, bagged herself a rich guy and got him to build her a house in Connecticut...all these thousands of years as a Stones fan, particularly of Keith, and I just never thought of him becoming part of something like this. Wouldn't mind seeing Teddy and Alex spending a year or two working a soup kitchen or helping on an Indian reservation, and not like Aunt Bianca in Halston fatigues. Look, Keith is just ill, I know you people don't want to accept it, neither do I, but I'm not good at closing my eyes and pretending it's nighttime, he's phoning it in on all levels, that's hard for me to see, and I do hope that they are half as happy as they say and that Teddy can eat French toast every morning and remain a size 2, but...I found this unsettling. At least they didn't hoist Anita into the fray.

Jeez...I almost agreed with you. Patti is earthy, and sure, she got lucky, but sometimes good people deserve good things. And Bianca in her 'Halston fatigues?'
I doubt the indigenous people she champions care what she wears...
Why so cynical...?
Besides, Anita isn't above posing for Vogue photo shoots...
I just think its ironic that Mick was slagged all those years for dressing up and making the Best Dressed List and all that.....but Keith has found a second life as a Cover Boy..but I can also appreciate his happiness.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: July 21, 2012 04:23

MainStreetExile
elunsi
Mostly the first one...

Perhaps instead of 5 decades of great music, you would have preferred pizza instead, as a way of keeping it real? Meaning, of course, perhaps you would have preferred he didn't make a lot of dough as a musician.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-21 04:37 by stonesnow.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2514
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home