Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Good work, Brian May
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: July 16, 2012 00:30

He could teach The Edge a thing or two.

[www.mnn.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-16 00:30 by hbwriter.

Re: OT - Good work, Brian May
Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: July 16, 2012 00:36

May is a soppy old hippy with skewed priorities. He should be more concerned about the welfare of his fellow man that some borderline parasitic vermin in his garden. He has the moral values of an eight year old girl.

Can't believe he's still sporting that ridiculous barnet, either. The man is a joke.

Posted by: Denny ()
Date: July 16, 2012 01:31

Congratulations on your well-informed, beautifully expressed opinion. You deserve to feel very proud of yourself! Unlike that talentless, selfish "vermin"-protecting hippie, Brian May. Yes, boo for Brian May!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-16 01:42 by Denny.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 16, 2012 06:10

I've always liked his playing with Queen.
I will remember him as a great guitarist for sure !
For me, in the top ten.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-16 10:11 by jpasc95.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: July 16, 2012 06:19

hbwriter

[www.mnn.com]

That's great (what May is doing). But, what's with comment about Edge? Is he an animal hater, or something? Seriously, I am just asking what the Edge could learn from this...

Date: July 16, 2012 06:52

rocker1
hbwriter

[www.mnn.com]

That's great (what May is doing). But, what's with comment about Edge? Is he an animal hater, or something? Seriously, I am just asking what the Edge could learn from this...

Rocker - sorry, I was referring more to the environmental angle of May making his space available while Edge has been trying for years to mansionize a HUGE chunk of mailbu so he can build not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 but FIVE freaking mansions on a threatened, rugged ridgeline. That clear?

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: July 16, 2012 07:10

hbwriter
rocker1
hbwriter

[www.mnn.com]

Rocker - sorry, I was referring more to the environmental angle of May making his space available while Edge has been trying for years to mansionize a HUGE chunk of mailbu so he can build not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 but FIVE freaking mansions on a threatened, rugged ridgeline. That clear?

Ah, yes. I was simply ignorant of this mansionization effort. Yep, clear. I DO like Edge as a player (he's simple in an economical but powerful way that has always somehow reminded me of Townshend. And I guess that's the only way I've ever even considered him. Don't know much about him outside of his playing, really.) But yeah...it's clear.

Although...to be honest...as a non-Californian who is simply not up on this stuff...I'm surprised there are 5 undeveloped "lots" on Malibu beachfront that are available at this point to even be mansionized.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: July 16, 2012 07:11

hbwriter
rocker1
hbwriter

[www.mnn.com]

Is that still going on? I heard they have to pretty much blow up half of a mountainside to build it.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: July 16, 2012 07:28

WorriedAboutYou
May is a soppy old hippy with skewed priorities. He should be more concerned about the welfare of his fellow man that some borderline parasitic vermin in his garden. He has the moral values of an eight year old girl.

Can't believe he's still sporting that ridiculous barnet, either. The man is a joke.

Moral values of an eight year old girl? What? You're going to have to share whatever it is you're smoking.

Date: July 16, 2012 08:42

tomk
hbwriter
rocker1
hbwriter

[www.mnn.com]

Is that still going on? I heard they have to pretty much blow up half of a mountainside to build it.
STILL going on

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 16, 2012 09:05

British wildlife? What are we talking about: Hedgehogs and badgers?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-16 10:14 by Stoneage.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: July 16, 2012 09:39

Stoneage
British wildlife? What are talking about: Hedgehogs and badgers?

As Robert Plant might have put it "Badge holders in your hedgerow."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-17 08:29 by tomk.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 16, 2012 19:01

tomk
Stoneage

As Robert Plant might have put "Badge holders in your hedgerow."

don't be alarmed now

It's just a spring clean for the May queen

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 16, 2012 19:27

rocker1
But, what's with comment about Edge? Is he an animal hater, or something? Seriously, I am just asking what the Edge could learn from this...

The Edge wears wigs made out of badger hair smoking smiley

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: July 17, 2012 00:10

BluzDude
tomk
Stoneage

don't be alarmed now

grinning smiley grinning smiley

And I'm expecting to see Wyman with his detector in the background at any moment.

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: July 17, 2012 02:43

hbwriter
rocker1
hbwriter

[www.mnn.com]

May isn't doing anything for the environment, conservation, or anything that's threatened. What he is doing is animal rights extremism and his comments show he would love to have it imposed on everyone. When you get assaulted by one of those lunatics for eating meat, or wearing fur, or maybe just for using a medicine that was developed using animal research, you won't think it's so good Hbwriter.

Posted by: Denny ()
Date: July 17, 2012 02:53

TippyToe
May isn't doing anything for the environment, conservation, or anything that's threatened. What he is doing is animal rights extremism and his comments show he would love to have it imposed on everyone. When you get assaulted by one of those lunatics for eating meat, or wearing fur, or maybe just for using a medicine that was developed using animal research, you won't think it's so good Hbwriter.

Can you please quote the specific comments which, as you mention, prove this "lunatic"'s "animal rights extremism"? That'd be awesome!

Posted by: mandrax1972 ()
Date: July 17, 2012 03:05

hopefully Edge gets the mansions built and tumbles into the ocean

Date: July 17, 2012 04:05

Denny
TippyToe

Can you please quote the specific comments which, as you mention, prove this "lunatic"'s "animal rights extremism"? That'd be awesome!

That's not exactly what I said but I'll have a go anyway:

“Badgers have been in this country longer than we have, they've been here for literally millions of years minding their own business ... we think that we're the only species on the planet that matters, which is obviously self evidently not true,"

- sounds like he has some kind of bitterness towards the human race doesn't it?

"We are animals and we're obviously quite important — but the rest of the animals are quite important too," he continued. "I don't think we have the right to treat animals the way we do."

- equates animals to human beings and then suggests we systematically are somehow treating animals wrong - no doubt because he feels we should treat them just like human beings. Extremist. Lunacy.

Posted by: howled ()
Date: July 17, 2012 06:07

Alright then, May really wants to be a Badger spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It's not lunacy to realize that man (and woman smiling smiley) have become so dominant that other species can sometimes have a hard time because of it.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: July 17, 2012 07:26

TippyToe
Denny
TippyToe

That's not exactly what I said but I'll have a go anyway:

“Badgers have been in this country longer than we have, they've been here for literally millions of years minding their own business ... we think that we're the only species on the planet that matters, which is obviously self evidently not true,"

- sounds like he has some kind of bitterness towards the human race doesn't it?

"We are animals and we're obviously quite important — but the rest of the animals are quite important too," he continued. "I don't think we have the right to treat animals the way we do."

- equates animals to human beings and then suggests we systematically are somehow treating animals wrong - no doubt because he feels we should treat them just like human beings. Extremist. Lunacy.

Oh please, not even close. You see it because you want to.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 17, 2012 13:32

Brian May has always looked like a hippie. So his views on things are just consequential to those of a hippie. There is nothing wrong with that of course. Just typical.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 17, 2012 17:20

LieB
BluzDude
tomk
Stoneage

don't be alarmed now

grinning smiley grinning smiley

And I'm expecting to see Wyman with his detector in the background at any moment.

Beautifully done y'all. My only concern was I was asleep while the antics were taking place!

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: July 17, 2012 17:44

Why is someone a nutter for suggesting we shouldn't cull wild animals. There is still no proof of the spread of bovine TB.

Date: July 17, 2012 19:09

mr_c_ox
Why is someone a nutter for suggesting we shouldn't cull wild animals. There is still no proof of the spread of bovine TB.

There is according to the British Veterinary Association:
[www.bva.co.uk]

Maybe Brian May knows more about it than they do.

Date: July 17, 2012 19:11

I wonder what May feeds his owls out there on his refuge?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1774
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home