Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 53
Re: OT: Led Zeppelin stuff
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 8, 2014 12:12

<<Yah can't have been that much of a Led Zep fan before if this is the first time you heard that concert.>>

B-b-b-b-but.... even if I own all their albums, including Coda?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 8, 2014 12:38

stonehearted
<<Yah can't have been that much of a Led Zep fan before if this is the first time you heard that concert.>>

B-b-b-b-but.... even if I own all their albums, including Coda?

Yes.

Date: June 8, 2014 13:00

Well.... I saw a bit of Communication Breakdown in a video clip.... in a Ramones documentary, which discussed how Johnny Ramone was influenced by Communication Breakdown.... at least I think it was from that show.... does that count?

Date: June 8, 2014 13:05

stonehearted
Well.... I saw a bit of Communication Breakdown in a video clip.... in a Ramones documentary, which discussed how Johnny Ramone was influenced by Communication Breakdown.... at least I think it was from that show.... does that count?

No.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 8, 2014 21:40

Gooo
So much better than exile deluxe and some girls deluxe, sorry to say, all the overdub stuff the stones did is lame from historic point of view

and that's because most of us listen to music from the historic point of view.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 11, 2014 18:33

His Majesty
stonehearted

Seconded! Besides, you won't here the bootleg as full and clean and clear as on disc 2 of the deluxe.

It still sounds iffy due to how it was recorded and it's chopped up. tongue sticking out smiley

Yah can't have been that much of a Led Zep fan before if this is the first time you heard that concert.

Uh huh. Somehow - and I don't know how - that makes ZERO SENSE.

Re: Rolling Stones vs. Led Zeppelin
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 11, 2014 18:44

tkl7
Led Zeppelin? Didn't they steal their songs from other artists?

Mick and Keith, didn't they steal songwriting credit from their own bandmates?

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: June 11, 2014 18:52

GasLightStreet
His Majesty
stonehearted

Seconded! Besides, you won't here the bootleg as full and clean and clear as on disc 2 of the deluxe.

It still sounds iffy due to how it was recorded and it's chopped up. tongue sticking out smiley

Yah can't have been that much of a Led Zep fan before if this is the first time you heard that concert.

Uh huh. Somehow - and I don't know how - that makes ZERO SENSE.

Yeah, it should be hear not here.

Date: June 11, 2014 19:42

jamesfdouglas
tkl7

When? winking smiley

Date: June 11, 2014 22:28

My only complaint about the III deluxe is the glaring omission of Hey Hey What Can I Do, one of my favorite songs by them. I can understand the limitations of vinyl back then in not leaving enough room, but with a "companion" disc surely it could be included--however, even the second disc runs at vinyl length at barely just over 35 minutes. It seems this reissue was made for the neo-vinyl crowd as well. Or perhaps Jimmy P just wants us to buy whatever best of collection Hey Hey is on instead--but with the acoustic layerings of that track it would have been great to have had that one among this newly remastered set.

One thing about the second disc. The last track Key To The Highway provides a great moment for misheard lyrics, because in the first verse it sounds like Plant is singing "Key to the Hallway" instead.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 12, 2014 00:17

My guess is Hey Hey wasn't included because they'll put it on the remastered Coda, even though I agree that as Immigrant Song's single it should be in its proper era on the III deluxe edition.

I'd never heard the concert before and I'm a huge Zeppelin fan. I just don't seek out their bootlegs or know a lot of them. I know everything about the officially released stuff.

Date: June 12, 2014 00:35

I'm just joking peeps. grinning smiley

I'm just a lil bummed that they didn't include an earlier closer to the recording sessions gig.

The Paris gig seems like a missed oppurtunity for something mor unique and less well known.

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: June 12, 2014 01:15

Glad they didn't over dub the outtakes

Date: June 12, 2014 02:18

RollingFreak
My guess is Hey Hey wasn't included because they'll put it on the remastered Coda, even though I agree that as Immigrant Song's single it should be in its proper era on the III deluxe edition.

I'd never heard the concert before and I'm a huge Zeppelin fan. I just don't seek out their bootlegs or know a lot of them. I know everything about the officially released stuff.

Ahhh, the 1993 edition of CODA featured that tune, which was the B-side to Immigrant Song.

I guess I should look for the 1993 edition...

Date: June 12, 2014 02:35

^ Thanks! I have the 1982 edition--which means I will also have to find the 1993 version and which also means that when the newly remastered edition comes out I will have purchased Coda three times in all, and twice in the same year. Ya can't say I'm not a fan, now can ya? smoking smiley

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: June 12, 2014 11:18

His Majesty
I'm just joking peeps. grinning smiley

I'm just a lil bummed that they didn't include an earlier closer to the recording sessions gig.

The Paris gig seems like a missed oppurtunity for something mor unique and less well known.

Hi HM, can you please contact me privately by mail?
Thanks.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: June 12, 2014 12:20

Do you think they will ever clean up and release the DVD's of Earl's Court, Seattle and both Knebworth shows?

Date: June 12, 2014 16:35

stonehearted
^ Thanks! I have the 1982 edition--which means I will also have to find the 1993 version and which also means that when the newly remastered edition comes out I will have purchased Coda three times in all, and twice in the same year. Ya can't say I'm not a fan, now can ya? smoking smiley

CODA is actually a pretty damn good album. I've always liked it.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: June 13, 2014 00:05

GasLightStreet
stonehearted

Wearing And Tearing!!!

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: June 13, 2014 22:31

DandelionPowderman
jamesfdouglas
tkl7

When? winking smiley

There just has to be a thread around here somewhere that debates this!smoking smiley

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: June 13, 2014 22:32

Led Zeppelin and the meaning of life: [www.cnet.com]

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 14, 2014 00:02

Mr.D
GasLightStreet
stonehearted

Wearing And Tearing!!!
Wearing And Tearing and We're Gonna Groove are the only two songs I like from it. The rest I do think is crap, although granted I genuinely haven't heard it in years.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 14, 2014 01:51

Oh, Darlene...grooooooooooooovy! Poor Tom...Zep's "Prodigal Son".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-14 01:56 by shadooby.

Date: June 16, 2014 03:04

GasLightStreet
stonehearted

As do I. Just gave it another listen this weekend. I like every track on the album, especially Ozone Baby, which was the radio single upon release. I would even go so far as to say that it's a worthy follow-up to In Through The Outdoor, though naturally if the band hadn't dissolved and a new album had been recorded and released following their 80-81 tour, these outtakes never would have seen the light of day. I only put it in the context I did in my previous post because Coda seems to be much maligned on here, as are generally their later albums (i.e., their output post-Physical Graffiti).

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: June 16, 2014 04:04

Mr.D
Do you think they will ever clean up and release the DVD's of Earl's Court, Seattle and both Knebworth shows?
HIGHLY doubtful as they already released a chunk of Earl and Knebworth and Seattle 77 is a relatively weak performance. A serious shame that Seattle 72 wasn't recorded better. A KILLER performance and crappy recording!

OT:Robert Plant at Glasto
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 28, 2014 23:11

I am watching Robert Plant at Glasto,apart from sharing his hairstyle I am totally digging his performance. What a whole Potts whole was absolutely mesmerising. It started as a blues with beautiful singing and great guitar playing to then explode into the rock version with all know but with layers of world music and graced by the presence of a ngon. Robert travelled to Mali in the late 80s and played at the festival in the desert with the late Ali Farka Toure.This was recorded by radio 3 in a World Routes programme which might still be in their archives. What a fantastic version mixing a variety of music genres!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-28 23:12 by desertblues68.

Re: OT:Robert Plant at Glasto
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 28, 2014 23:46

desertblues68
What a whole Potts whole was absolutely mesmerising.

Sorry, I had to laugh, autocorrect is a bitch! grinning smiley I agree with your thoughts, though (Festival in the Desert is available on DVD, too). And then Jack White followed, a great time to be actually at Glasto, given the spotty live stream I was getting here!

Re: OT:Robert Plant at Glasto
Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: June 29, 2014 00:08

Aquamarine
desertblues68
What a whole Potts whole was absolutely mesmerising.

Sorry, I had to laugh, autocorrect is a bitch! grinning smiley I agree with your thoughts, though (Festival in the Desert is available on DVD, too). And then Jack White followed, a great time to be actually at Glasto, given the spotty live stream I was getting here!
Aqua,just used my new phone.Agree with you,Will leave my post as it is as it made me laugh!hot smiley>grinning smiley<

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 30, 2014 07:17

The other day I saw a pic of Plant and he looks like hell.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 30, 2014 09:26

babyblue
The other day I saw a pic of Plant and he looks like hell.

Classic case of "eye of the beholder."

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2132
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home