Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

It's All Over Now
Posted by: rogue ()
Date: July 13, 2012 13:41

Yesterday's non press debacle and the lack of an announcement has me convinced that any shows the Stones might do will not be worth the effort for fans or the band.

Keith's playing is suspect and the focus on books, DVD releases and their lives as "photographic" art tell me that this is all a way of saying farewell without saying it. Hold the specter of a Stones tour in the air long enough for one last hurray, play maybe one show, and then fade away.

Yesterday would have given them the right push to sell tickets and generate buzz if they had stepped up to a microphone and said simply, "lovely pictures but we're not done yet. We will tour next year" etc.

Sadly, this did not happen. We have no definitive way of knowing if they have rehearsed 50 songs in five days or even if the NJ/NY rehearsals went all that well.

We do have one off YouTube footage of Keith struggling, Mick, Ronnie, and Charlie doing side projects and lots of extra merchandise from Stones INC.

Where this goes now I have no idea but I am not holding my breath any longer.

Between the build up to SNL and the Somerset House event I presume there will be one more "event" manufactured to promote the band's legacy.

If there is no announcement of shows by the end of the Olympics when all eyes are on London then it is clearly over for the Stones if it isn't already.

Re: It's All Over Now
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: July 13, 2012 13:45

What - you think if they announce some type of tour in December or something there will be no buzz? I would not give up quite yet. There are merchandising deals, tour promotion deals, tour art stuff all to work out and they will not announce until it's all in the can....

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: July 13, 2012 13:53

or maybe yet, they want to wait till things like the Olympics are over and forgotten, and hope to be more of a focal point(just a theory)

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 13, 2012 14:02

Good song

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: July 13, 2012 14:04

They will announce something soon, count on it. They dont want a tour announcement to get in the way of this celebration or even more important the sale of the 50th anniversary apparrell.

Everything they are doing right now is staged for a big build up.

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: July 13, 2012 14:06

Rolling Hansie
Good song

I totally agree ;-)

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: July 13, 2012 14:21

Mabru
Rolling Hansie
Good song

I totally agree ;-)

Sure.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: July 13, 2012 14:25

and in 64

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: July 13, 2012 16:40

I love it. They do exactly what they said they were going to do, and because they don't do something else, it is a "debacle."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1957
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home