Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rolling Stones at Somerset House July 12 - 1st pictures and story
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 13, 2012 02:26

The Daily Mail got the 1st pictures.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-13 02:35 by Silver Dagger.

Re: Rolling Stones at Somerset House July 12 - 1st pictures and story
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: July 13, 2012 02:30

It's the old hide-the-belly-with-a-scarf trick.

Date: July 13, 2012 02:39

Here's the story from the Press Association newswire.

Stones reunited on 50th anniversary

(UKPA) – 2 hours ago

Rock veterans The Rolling Stones spent the night together as they celebrated half a century since their first gig.

The band, sporting a few more wrinkles than on their debut exactly 50 years ago, embraced and partied as they marked their milestone.

Sir Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood, Keith Richards and Charlie Watts came together in public for the first time for four years as they launched a photo exhibition chronicling the band's career.

The quartet last got together when they attended the premiere of Martin Scorsese's documentary Shine A Light in 2008.

The smartly dressed stars - with Ronnie wearing studded loafers - gathered at Somerset House in central London, along with family, friends and those who had helped them along the way.

Guests included Sir Mick's girlfriend, L'Wren Scott, as well as his daughters Georgia and Lizzy, while other Stones offspring in attendance included Ronnie's daughter Leah.

Friends such as Sir Tim Rice, Mick Hucknall and the novelist Ian Rankin were among those at the reception to mark the exhibition of archive photos, which opens on Friday.

It also saw the group reunited with former members Bill Wyman - who quit the band two decades ago - and Mick Taylor, who left in the 1970s.

Thursday was the anniversary of the band's first show at the Marquee club in London's Oxford Street on 1962, when they played as The Rollin' Stones, hastily chosen from a song by their blues hero, Muddy Waters. The group - whose hits include Let's Spend The Night Together - landed the gig when the venue's regular band, Alexis Korner's Blues Incorporated, were booked for a BBC radio show and Marquee owner Harold Pendleton booked them to fill in.

Earlier, the band prompted speculation that, despite the core four members' combined age of 272, they may play once more. Keith told the BBC they had met up for "a couple of rehearsals". He added: "There's things in the works, there's nothing so final that I could say."

Copyright © 2012 The Press Association. All rights reserved.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 13, 2012 02:47

"The group - whose hits include Let's Spend The Night Together - landed the gig..."

Where the hell they got that number to represent their hit repertuare??? Nothing wrong with that, but it sounds a bit obscure.

- Doxa

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 13, 2012 03:10

Great first picture of Charlie.......peace at last...............smiling smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 13, 2012 03:21

tatters

Crap
How d'you know about that?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 13, 2012 03:28

I see jagger went for his high-healed sneakers wich must mean he was accompanied by his 2 meter long girlfriend. I do admire Jagger though for always sporting his own set of clothes.
Very colourful and not so conventional. It looks like scarfes, for men, is somewhat of a trend now. No tie, but a scarf. What was all this? A photo-opp, nothing else...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 13, 2012 03:31

Doxa
"The group - whose hits include Let's Spend The Night Together - landed the gig..."

Where the hell they got that number to represent their hit repertuare??? Nothing wrong with that, but it sounds a bit obscure.

- Doxa

Its a pun on the fact that they did indeed spend tonight (well, this evening) together.

Tabloid reporters like to think they have a great sense of irony.

Date: July 13, 2012 03:37

Gazza
Doxa

- Doxa

Its a pun on the fact that they did indeed spend tonight (well, this evening) together.

Tabloid reporters like to think they have a great sense of irony.

Of course - I am getting a bit slow....

- Doxa

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 13, 2012 03:54

Happy 50th Birthday to The Rolling Stones-
The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 13, 2012 04:02

Wow. So all the Stones get the royal red carpet treatment and Bill is rolling in down the sidewalk with the common folk. What a dis. Still haven't seen one pic of old Fatty Taylor.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: July 13, 2012 04:34

Munichhilton
tatters

Crap
How d'you know about that?

Um, cause it is obvious that Keef has packed on a few pounds

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: July 13, 2012 04:34

THANK YOU ROLLING STONES FOR MANY YEARS OF MUSIC (50). IT HAS BEEN THE SOUNDTRACK TO MY LIFE AND YOU HAVE BEEN MY WAY OF LIFE. GRATEFUL TO ALL OF YOU. SO HAPPY TO SEE BILL WYMAN AND MICK TAYLOR.

THE BEST BAND IN THE HISTORY OF TIME.

Thank you all so much ....... words feel inadequate.

Love to Stones,
CE smiling smiley

Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: July 13, 2012 04:59

Cocaine Eyes. I couldnt say it any better. End of story.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: July 13, 2012 05:04

They couldn't play a couple of old blues standards for the occassion? If they can't bang out Little Red Rooster or Mannish Boy, one wonders about things.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 13, 2012 05:12

Max'sKansasCity

Welcome back, hope you had a relaxing vacation!

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: July 13, 2012 05:37

Silver Dagger,

Thanks for photos and articles.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 13, 2012 05:50

Max'sKansasCity
+

thumbs up Well said Max, this is really what it's all about, I'm beginning to think we are no closer to any concrete shows, I'm surprised the word hasn't got out through the promoters and business people that would have to be entertaining offers at this point. They must have financial incentive to shut up about it is all I can figure.

Oh well, like you said, Happy Golden Anniversary Rolling Stones! I am more than pleased you'all made it this far. Many didn't and bad boy rock turns elder statesmen rock is alive and well thanks to these gents. btw Where is the picture of
Mick Taylor?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 13, 2012 06:09

Send It To me
They couldn't play a couple of old blues standards for the occassion? If they can't bang out Little Red Rooster or Mannish Boy, one wonders about things.

No, no I don't.

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: July 13, 2012 06:17

tatters

HA! LMAO! Maybe these two have been sharing fashion ideas...

[www.iorr.org]

[www.spokeo.com]

jazzbass
Wow. So all the Stones get the royal red carpet treatment and Bill is rolling in down the sidewalk with the common folk.

Yeah...And what's in the bag Bill??

Naturalust
btw Where is the picture of
Mick Taylor?

Yeah, I second that.

Posted by: Denny ()
Date: July 13, 2012 07:34

jazzbass
Wow. So all the Stones get the royal red carpet treatment and Bill is rolling in down the sidewalk with the common folk. What a dis. Still haven't seen one pic of old Fatty Taylor.

Ha ha - "old Fatty Taylor"! Maybe that's why they weren't on the red carpet, would've cramped the band's style on this rare photo opportunity.

Date: July 13, 2012 09:31

The band looks pretty good for 272 - the timeless rockers that they are
I think it would have been cool if they could have played a few songs at the Marquee to celebrate the occasion
I played some 'Forty Licks' today in honor of the band
Happy 50th Anniversary to the World's Greatest Rock N Roll band!

Date: July 13, 2012 09:38

Here's the story in the Daily Mirror (UK).

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Roll up, roll up: Rolling Stones spend launch night together to mark Daily Mirror's new book

Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts and Keith Richards joined friends, family and celebrity guests at London's Somerset House
Back together: Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Mick Jagger Back together: Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Mick Jagger
WireImage

The Rolling Stones last night held the launch of the Daily Mirror's book celebrating the band's 50th anniversary.

Mick Jagger, Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts and Keith Richards joined friends, family and celebrity guests at London's Somerset House.

The veteran group- combined age 272 - joined forces to open the official photo exhibition running until August 27th.

Sir Mick, 68, was joined by family members including his model daughter, Lizzie, and girlfriend L'Wren Scott.

Smiling at a 1964 photograph of himself draped around Keith, now 68, he said: "Seeing this book is a real trip down memory lane.

"The photos are fantastic and I am delighted we agreed to be a part of this."

Charlie Watts and Keith Richards (centre L and R) from The Rolling Stones arrive with band members Ronnie Wood and Mick Jagger Looking dapper: The band were in public together for first time since 2008
Reuters

Other guests in attendance at the champagne and mojito-fuelled party included Mick Hucknall, Sir Tim Rice and Peter Phillips.

Drummer Charlie, 71, who was the man originally behind the Rolling Stones 50 tome, also paid tribute to the project.

He said: "The quality of the picture's in the Mirror's archive, and the memories they brought back, were too good to ignore.

"It has been fantastic to look back through the past like this, and fifty years is another landmark for the Stones."

Half a century after the group's first photoshoot at the legendary 60s haunt, the Marquee Club, the rockers are rumoured to be ready to tour again.

They have secretly met-up twice for rehearsals, fuelling speculation they will embark on a money-spinning 2013 world tour.

The quartet last got together when they attended the premiere of Martin Scorsese's documentary Shine A Light in 2008.

* To order your copy of The Rolling Stones 50 (RRP £29.95) at the special order price of £25 with free P&P, please call the Mirror Bookshop on 0871 8036772.

Date: July 13, 2012 09:40

Ronnie has said the Stones rehearsed 50 songs in readiness for a tour. Strongest indication yet that it's going to happen.

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Date: July 13, 2012 11:34

Here's another cool pic from last night.

Date: July 13, 2012 11:38

Hmm.. extraordinary to see Bill looking so relaxed - the guy is smiling, for god sake! - in associated to the Rolling Stones doings...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-13 11:41 by Doxa.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 13, 2012 11:42

Max'sKansasCity

Right on Max.
And welcome back

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 13, 2012 13:25

Mick - "Definitely later on this year... on stage"
Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger on Thursday hinted that the band could perform again later this year as the veteran rockers marked the 50th anniversary of their first gig
video:
[www.onenewspage.com]

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 13, 2012 13:29

Thank you Silver Dagger. Great to see the pictures and read the stories.
BTW, I think all 4 guys look good.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: July 13, 2012 17:09

Send It To me

Took the words right out of my mouth. Ridiculous! It's impossible to me that they couldn't get up there on a little stage and at least bash out some blues numbers as an homage to the early days and then "Brown Sugar" or "Satisfaction" or whatever three songs they can play on autopilot. This is really just plain weird. Something is up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-13 17:09 by Turning To Gold.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1602
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home