Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O. T. David Bowie pop up shops open in London and New York.
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 25, 2021 18:54

Just seen it on BBC news.
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Also there is a great book that I got recently about a well known music pub in my local area where the Ziggy Stardust tour started.

It's called Hello Tolworth, I'm Ziggy.

[thegoodlifesurbiton.co.uk]

Re: O. T. David Bowie pop up shops open in London and New York.
Date: October 26, 2021 17:26

Any David Bowie fans out there thinking of going to the pop up shop in London?

I might have a day out up there on a nice sunny day.

Haven't seen the sights of London since before this covid business changed all our lives. smileys with beer

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: October 26, 2021 17:51

I've seen initial reports of both NY and London and sadly, they're underwhelming. Basically, it's a brick and mortar version of the online shop - with a few goodies thrown in and some events to be scheduled (a couple already in the cards, but nothing too impressive).
If you're in the area, sure - stop in and take a look. I was thinking of making the trek from Boston to NY to pay a visit (I'm a HUGE Bowie fan, having seen him almost 60x since the mid-70s) but after seeing friend's posts both from London and NY - unless some can't miss event gets added, I'm likely gonna skip it. It's all just become Throw his name on anything, and 100 different kind of T-Shirts.

Date: October 26, 2021 18:12

To be honest, I wouldn't make a special journey just to go to the Bowie shop even though it only takes about 30 - 40 minutes on the train to Waterloo or Victoria.

Would make sure no rain is forecast and see plenty of the real sights of London Town, and maybe even a stage show up there.
Loved it when Sunny Afternoon, Jersey Boys and a few other stage shows in the Leicester Square, Soho area were fairly easy to get good seats, at a great price. smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1876
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home