Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Still Life - Live At Wembley Stadium 1982 video?
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: October 22, 2021 06:25

I suppose that all the publicity and information is telling us that there's no video of the Webmbly concert that's in the new Tattoo You release eye rolling smileysad smiley

Well, apart from the chopped-off end part at [www.youtube.com], or can anybody tell me, no, wait, all of us, that I'm wrong? Any sources for a video of the whole shebang, feel free to post on this link.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-22 06:25 by stonesman87.

Re: Still Life - Live At Wembley Stadium 1982 video?
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: October 22, 2021 09:21

I was surprised that they didn't include a Wembley DVD but I guess the Leeds Gig presented this leg of the tour.

You would have thought that they compared the quality of each and found Leeds superior

Date: October 22, 2021 09:31

Complicating this is the fact that reports I've seen so far refer to it being the (singular) concert in June 1982. However, [en.wikipedia.org] reports two concerts, on 25 and 26 June.

[www.youtube.com] is reportedly the tail-end of the 26 June show.

Hopefully an IORR expert will be able to say which show is in the new release. Then an early candidate for a holy grail - the full film of the relevant concert. Gentlemen, start your engines .....

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: October 22, 2021 10:03

According to setlist.fm, they did play June 25 and 26, with similar setlists, although they did not play 'Twenty Flight Rock' at the first show, therefore the new release is the 26th, as it does contain that song - unless it was inserted in to the 25th for release, or the disc is a compilation of the two shows.

25th - [www.setlist.fm]

26th - [www.setlist.fm]

Adding to the confusion, is they're calling the live disc 'Still Life', yet it is not the same as the 1982 release.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-22 10:08 by mosthigh.

Date: October 22, 2021 10:07

mosthigh
According to setlist.fm, they did play June 25 and 26, with similar setlists, although they did not play 'Twenty Flight Rock' at the first show, therefore the new release is the 26th, as it does contain that song - unless it was inserted in to the 25th for release.

25th - [www.setlist.fm]

26th - [www.setlist.fm]

They played the same set. Setlistfm is wrong. This is the show from the 26th.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 22, 2021 10:50

DandelionPowderman

As the show on the 26th is, I think, the performance featuring the calamitous rendition of She's So Cold, can we assume they've somehow 'fixed it' I haven't downloaded the release yet, admittedly.

Date: October 22, 2021 10:52

Big Al
DandelionPowderman

As the show on the 26th is, I think, the performance featuring the calamitous rendition of She's So Cold, can we assume they've somehow 'fixed it' I haven't downloaded the release yet, admittedly.

Edited, of course smiling smiley

Date: October 22, 2021 11:27

All interesting comments. What's the consensus - 25th, 26th, or, as I begin to suspect, some of each? eye rolling smiley

Date: October 22, 2021 12:28

stonesman87
All interesting comments. What's the consensus - 25th, 26th, or, as I begin to suspect, some of each? eye rolling smiley

The consensus is that it's the second show; the 26th.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 22, 2021 13:19

This inclusion into the deluxe box set along with the bonus tracks is exactly the reason why I ordered the deluxe box set , which I should have any day now in the mail .

Date: October 22, 2021 13:40

How does this Wembley performance compare to Hampton, and, more relevantly, Leeds show?

Date: October 22, 2021 13:46

It's a really good show. Suprisingly good, I'd say. On par with Hampton and Leeds.

Nice with a good version of Chantilly Lace.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 22, 2021 19:03

DandelionPowderman
It's a really good show. Suprisingly good, I'd say. On par with Hampton and Leeds.

Nice with a good version of Chantilly Lace.
Hampton songs have a normal pacing time wise , where Leeds is like speeded up as if the Stones were in a hurry to get on Holiday as it was the last show of the European 82 Tour

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 22, 2021 22:37

Wembley 82 was the first time the Stones did a curtain call, final bow. I wasn't there but I read it at the time, perhaps Rolling Stone magazine.

Date: October 22, 2021 23:06

Big Al
stonesman87

Oh gosh, now have a look at the concert ticket videos that have been posted at [www.youtube.com] - they show a ticket with 25 June on them! confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-22 23:22 by stonesman87.

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: October 22, 2021 23:12

An audience recording of the 26th June show is on youtube:

If you compare them song by song, you can hear it's the 26th June show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-22 23:15 by RaiseTheKnife.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: October 22, 2021 23:42

These sre the more chopier and wonderful gigd. 81-82 rules

Date: October 23, 2021 00:44

stonesman87
Big Al
stonesman87

Oh gosh, now have a look at the concert ticket videos that have been posted at [www.youtube.com] - they show a ticket with 25 June on them! confused smiley

A thought. Yesterday morning (22 October, my time in Australia), [www.youtube.com] had them all with the generic super deluxe edition image. They were all dated 21 October on each page The consensus at the moment is that they are from the 26 June show. The new concert ticket videos that have appeared this morning, the following day (and dated 23 October), all show 25 June on the tickets. Could it be that they've given us a bonus of the first show as well? A quick sample listen says maybe not, still leaving us with this question about which show it really is.

Maybe somebody found a 25 June ticket, couldn't find a 26 June ticket, and used the 25 June ticket for the 26 June audio clips. Confused? winking smiley

Posted by: ic1960 ()
Date: October 23, 2021 01:37

Haven’t had time to listen to the Wembley show yet but I was hoping it was the one from 26 June as I was at that one as well as Newcastle and Leeds. All great shows.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 23, 2021 02:36

well once i get get the new audio i plan on synching it to the circulating video that we have

but someone will beat me to it i'm sure

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home