Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 15
Re: Stones to appear in London on July 12
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 6, 2012 19:42

Gazza
drbryant
Watching some of the Checkerboard Lounge video. You know, at their age, they could take their show on the road, just play old blues numbers (which they wouldn't even have to rehearse) and it would be the greatest Stones show since the 72/73 tours.

All very well in theory, but the 2012 version of the Stones' target audience wouldn't recognise the blues if it jumped up and bit them on the arse.

Unfortunate, but truesad smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 6, 2012 19:54

StonesTod
Gazza
All very well in theory, but the 2012 version of the Stones' target audience wouldn't recognise the blues if it jumped up and bit them on the arse.

just too fat to turn around and look?

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: July 6, 2012 19:55

Gazza
aprilfool

Sorry Gazza, I am surely wrong when I talk about farewell press conference but why all these people would like to see a person suffuring when he plays only some minutes. Last show was 5 years ago... Do you really think keith could play without playing during all these 5 years. There is no healing for arthritis. (ok Gazza, come on I am not a doctor too). Until now, I was always pleased to read your interventions but why to be sarcastic, it was only my point of view. Tell me if next time i should have to ask an authorization before to comment something.

You dont see the contradiction here? Seriously?

And who - of any of us here, me included - is in a position of authority to make a definitive statement on the health of someone they don't know and who they haven't seen perform for years, based solely on a 5 minute cameo on a poorly stringed acoustic guitar with Elvis Costello (which Costello has admitted he was to blame for).

Based on that lack of solid info, dont you think its better to avoid sweeping statements about someone being 'physically unable to play', 'suffering' or 'loves playing but cant' as if its a fact?

I dont KNOW what Keith's ability to play is like at the minute. However, as he doesnt appear to be playing a gig anytime soon and I havent bought tickets for one, its not something that overly concerns me right now. If he or the band isnt up to it - I dont want or need to see them. Its not the end of the world. But its not going to be happening soon anyway, so I wont be losing any sleep over it.

And my 'exasperation', as Doxa rightly called it, was more to do with not only the absurd levels of overanalysis on here all the time now but the notion that the Stones are going to 'celebrate' their 50th anniversary by pissing on everyone's chips and announcing a 'farewell' instead.

Sorry if that pissed you off. smiling smiley
I am not upset but you say that I am not able to see and hear if a guy plays easily or with some difficulties. That's all. If I have a different opinion and I am not the only one, we call that Democraty.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 6, 2012 20:02

And MightyStonesStillRolling50 who rambled about this date for months, taking enfilade all the way.
When reality finally confirms his ideas he's on vacation or something! You were right, MSSR50!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 6, 2012 20:09

aprilfool
If I have a different opinion and I am not the only one, we call that Democraty.
Having a different opinion has nothing to do with democracy. smoking smiley

Date: July 6, 2012 20:16

aprilfool
Gazza
aprilfool

Sorry Gazza, I am surely wrong when I talk about farewell press conference but why all these people would like to see a person suffuring when he plays only some minutes. Last show was 5 years ago... Do you really think keith could play without playing during all these 5 years. There is no healing for arthritis. (ok Gazza, come on I am not a doctor too). Until now, I was always pleased to read your interventions but why to be sarcastic, it was only my point of view. Tell me if next time i should have to ask an authorization before to comment something.

And who - of any of us here, me included - is in a position of authority to make a definitive statement on the health of someone they don't know and who they haven't seen perform for years, based solely on a 5 minute cameo on a poorly stringed acoustic guitar with Elvis Costello (which Costello has admitted he was to blame for).

Based on that lack of solid info, dont you think its better to avoid sweeping statements about someone being 'physically unable to play', 'suffering' or 'loves playing but cant' as if its a fact?

I dont KNOW what Keith's ability to play is like at the minute. However, as he doesnt appear to be playing a gig anytime soon and I havent bought tickets for one, its not something that overly concerns me right now. If he or the band isnt up to it - I dont want or need to see them. Its not the end of the world. But its not going to be happening soon anyway, so I wont be losing any sleep over it.

And my 'exasperation', as Doxa rightly called it, was more to do with not only the absurd levels of overanalysis on here all the time now but the notion that the Stones are going to 'celebrate' their 50th anniversary by pissing on everyone's chips and announcing a 'farewell' instead.

I am not upset but you say that I am not able to see and hear if a guy plays easily or with some difficulties. That's all. If I have a different opinion and I am not the only one, we call that Democraty.

Of course. I totally respect your right to have and voice an opinion. I just dont agree with it! smileys with beer

Date: July 6, 2012 20:19

Koen
aprilfool
If I have a different opinion and I am not the only one, we call that Democraty.
Haha, on more guy. How much are you? >grinning smiley< Having a different opinion and LETTING THE RIGHT to explain it, I call that democraty but now here it seems to be different here.

Date: July 6, 2012 20:22

Gazza
aprilfool
Gazza
aprilfool

Of course. I totally respect your right to have and voice an opinion. I just dont agree with it! smileys with beer
That's your right too. cool smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 6, 2012 20:55

aprilfool
Koen
aprilfool
Haha, on more guy. How much are you? >grinning smiley< Having a different opinion and LETTING THE RIGHT to explain it, I call that democraty but now here it seems to be different here.

Hey, it's just an opinion thumbs up

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: July 6, 2012 21:01

Let's be happy - Something is happening!!!!

Per-Arne

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 6, 2012 21:11

i think,on 12th of july, the Rolling stones will confirm 7 FREE-concerts in america--Europe--Africa--asia and australia.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 6, 2012 21:16

Stop talking about nothing and listen and watch the great Muddy Waters checkerboard show winking smileyWhy not more shows like this during the 50 years... confused smiley

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 6, 2012 21:27

Irix
tomcasagranda , please edit your post.

When quoting, then correct.

You cannot simply insert your opinion in Doxa's source. It confuses the reader.

Thanks smileys with beer

Oh merde ! My apologies ! I am normally big on quoting my own sources. Anyway, I'd prefer some archive concerts, either on download or CD. I would also like the deluxe editions of SF, LIB, GHS, and Tattoo You.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 6, 2012 21:43

Per-Arne
Let's be happy - Something is happening!!!!

Per-Arne

Most sensible comment I've seen yet !!!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 6, 2012 22:02

Havo
i think,on 12th of july, the Rolling stones will confirm 7 FREE-concerts in america--Europe--Africa--asia and australia.

not to forget that one...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 6, 2012 22:29

shortfatfanny
Just curious what will happen...

Some kind of a simple gathering celebrating somehow might be possible,
hopefully with interesting news and informations as well.

Anyway...have a great party,guys.
hot smileysmileys with beer

Just let the band enjoy themselves. we will see what will happen, or not.
jeroen

Date: July 7, 2012 00:00

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Who cares about Keith's playing. It's all over now. No big tour anymore. So what.

It would be great to see them all together, including Mick T. and Bill. A great reunion.

And of course that great official boot from the 1972 tour!

Sources? eye popping smiley

Mick of course. Who else??

He popped by and told you it´s all over now? winking smiley

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: July 7, 2012 00:09

I am happy because they are going to do "something" for the anniversary. I hope i will be able to forget the bashing and hate that everyday we put in this forum.
Last years Rolling Stones activity has been low, while we bashers have been very busy.
After all this years, i still like and enjoy ABB even if KR's guitar skills were poorer than ever.
In this forun over analysis rules!!!

Date: July 7, 2012 00:27

KeithNacho
I am happy because they are going to do "something" for the anniversary. I hope i will be able to forget the bashing and hate that everyday we put in this forum.
Last years Rolling Stones activity has been low, while we bashers have been very busy.
After all this years, i still like and enjoy ABB even if KR's guitar skills were poorer than ever.

I reckon you mean the tour? On the album ABB, Keith was playing just as good as on B2B, imo - if we forget some bad noodling (mixed way down low) on Laugh, I Nearly Dies.

She Saw Me Coming, Won´t Take Long, This Place Is Empty, Let Me Down Slow and Rough Justice all feature pretty good guitar playing from Keith, imo.

Date: July 7, 2012 00:43

corriecas
shortfatfanny

jeroen

We will see what will happen implies the obvious.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 7, 2012 00:57

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
corriecas
shortfatfanny

jeroen

Does it imply the obvious, or does it actually state the obvious. My money is on 'state the obvious', but I'm willing to listen to other arguments.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: July 7, 2012 00:59

treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
corriecas
shortfatfanny

jeroen

Does it imply the obvious, or does it actually state the obvious. My money is on 'state the obvious', but I'm willing to listen to other arguments.

If it's obvious, then it need neither be stated nor implied because, on it's own, it's just... obvious.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 7, 2012 00:59

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
Who cares about Keith's playing. It's all over now. No big tour anymore. So what.

It would be great to see them all together, including Mick T. and Bill. A great reunion.

And of course that great official boot from the 1972 tour!

Sources? eye popping smiley

Mick of course. Who else??

He popped by and told you it´s all over now? winking smiley

He faxed me instead of Keith.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: July 7, 2012 01:00

DandelionPowderman
KeithNacho

I reckon you mean the tour? On the album ABB, Keith was playing just as good as on B2B, imo - if we forget some bad noodling (mixed way down low) on Laugh, I Nearly Dies.

Well. i agree 100% , but he palyed better guitar arrangments in previous albums.............but if you think about it, nothing brilliant in 30 years (BUT I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
That is the rerason i'd like new and fresh stuff!!!!

She Saw Me Coming, Won´t Take Long, This Place Is Empty, Let Me Down Slow and Rough Justice all feature pretty good guitar playing from Keith, imo.

Date: July 7, 2012 01:02

stonesnow
treaclefingers
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
corriecas
shortfatfanny

jeroen

If it's obvious, then it need neither be stated nor implied because, on it's own, it's just... obvious.

Yes, see, exactly, right. "We will see what will happen" already implies ANY answer, including 'nothing'. Because of the "what" in "will happen". It's not needed to be said, said, said.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: July 7, 2012 01:33

StonesTod
Gazza

just too fat to turn around and look?

'Whats so special about July 12th'

Date: July 7, 2012 01:34

Havo

I'm willing to bet a lot of money that you shall be wrong.

Date: July 7, 2012 01:36

Why seven, Havo?

50 would be more appropriate smileys with beer

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: July 7, 2012 01:50

Gazza
Havo

I'm willing to bet a lot of money that you shall be wrong.

Gee Gee !! That's a certaintity and unfair to take bets on LOL!!!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 7, 2012 01:59

Opening the wine cellar seems to be a safer business than building a new grapevine under poor weather- and environmental conditions (realm 1 vs. 2).

But sometime you must build a new grapevine to fill up the wine cellar.

Irix, I love your analogy. I hear Keith has been practicing and playing quite well the last couple of weeks. Practice not only helps the fingers it cleans the mind. If anyone can come through in the face of adversary it is Keith.

Tour on!

I'm looking forward to the July 12th get together but will have to hear about it from folks here since I plan to be a long way from any media with a fishing pole in hand and a smile on my face. I will try to think enough to hum a Stones tune that day in tribute. Trout beware. peace

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home