Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 15
The Rolling Stones in London July 12, 2012
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: July 6, 2012 03:24

Not for an actual music performance though, but it will be a press event--and Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor will also be in attendance.

www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2169490/BAZBAMIGBOYE-The-Rolling-Stones-stroll-town-birthday-bash-50th-anniversary-gig.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-21 11:56 by bv.

Re: Stones to appear in London on July 12
Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: July 6, 2012 03:35

Thanks for posting stonesnow,good to read that Bill and Mick T will be with them.

Date: July 6, 2012 03:38

Where did that stale picture come from?

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: July 6, 2012 03:49

Hoping good things will follow soon!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 6, 2012 03:57

good stuff

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: July 6, 2012 04:03

klrkcr
Thanks for posting stonesnow,good to read that Bill and Mick T will be with them.

Yes, and with images from that first Marquee gig being featured in that exhibition, maybe there'll be a pic of the drummer and we can settle that mystery once and for all.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 6, 2012 04:12

"Ronnie will wander in with whatever girl he’s squeezin’ on the night".

Looking forward to a preview of Ronnie's next squeeze.thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 6, 2012 04:46

wow...that's kind of nice to hear.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 6, 2012 04:50

Good for them. Should be some nice pics of them together. Looking forward to it.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: July 6, 2012 05:00

Seems to me we had one or two former regulars here who insisted the Stones would appear publicly in London on July 12. Lucky guesses or is marketing checking that closely to the message boards?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 6, 2012 05:14

Rocky Dijon
Lucky guesses or is marketing checking that closely to the message boards?

No marketing or lucky guesses.

I think the Stones are more sentimental than they let on, and never had any doubt that they would be together on the 50th anniversary of their first gig.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 6, 2012 09:49

I can't believe my good fortune. Next Thursday July 12 I have tickets to see up and coming rock star Anna Calvi in London at........Somerset House. Each summer they have a series of concerts in the beautiful courtyard outside this historic venue.

I know Jeff Beck is a huge fan of Anna. Maybe the Stones wanted some live entertainment or something but it seems a little weird to have both events there on the same night. Bring it on.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 6, 2012 10:29

They continue from where they left us in SHINE A LIGHT premieres - posing for cameras on a red carpet. Not that they don't have no right to behave such an older statemen of rock enjoying the fruits of their career, but I really hope that the last 5 yaers or so of their career will not consist solely these kind of public performances. But yeah, it is a party time!

- Doxa

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 6, 2012 10:59

posing for cameras on a red carpet.

.....hope for all concerned they don't go ta white carpet .... They tell me it's a real bitch to keep clean ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 6, 2012 11:07

Flairville and I will attend. Good job we booked hotel/ trains 2 months ago..................never doubted them confused smiley

Anyone fancy a party ?smileys with beer

Anyone going to M.Taylor tonight ?thumbs up

SC UK

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 6, 2012 11:13

Great that Bill and Mick T are included.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: July 6, 2012 11:18

It looks like a farewell press conference. How could you hope a tour or just a 2 hours show with keith who is really physically unable to play. I think he is aware and is suffering of his health status. He loves playing but can't. Sad but true.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 6, 2012 12:00

Where did SSSR50 (or whatever Stonescrows new psedonym was) go? This was news for him!

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 6, 2012 12:22

Seems like they'll be on the spot to at least outline some plans. Certainly there will not be a farewell press conference. Not their style.

Date: July 6, 2012 12:37

TeddyB1018
Seems like they'll be on the spot to at least outline some plans. Certainly there will not be a farewell press conference. Not their style.

Exactly. Jagger would do not that if it would be only to promote a book (and tell stories of the past). And they know the press is dying to hear news about their upcoming activities. They most likely have something to tell us.

- Doxa

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 6, 2012 12:41

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 6, 2012 13:38

Maybe, maybe.............
Lets keep hoping and our fingers crossed, and some other aprts too.
jeroen

Date: July 6, 2012 13:45

In hindsight everything makes sense, right? I mean, Jagger was alraedy last year talking about that exact date, and that of having done a research for that. Being Jagger - we should have known - he won't do things like that just for fun or curiosity. He had something in his mind going on. It was also the time he talked about lots of "lovely things" to come.

Anyway, in the Stones universe - as it is reaching its 50th Anniversary - there seems to be two co-existing realms. One is that of 'archive project' that seem to go steadily forward - bootlegs, deluxe albums, movies, books, documentaries - and that's a topic Jagger chooses only to talk about. Then there is the realm of The Rolling Stones recording/live performances project, of which we hae heard some rumours, guesses, hopes, etc. from Keith, Ronnie, and Charlie, but NOTHING from Mick.

To me it looks like that the 'realm one' is a firm thing, and its course had been decided upon ages ago, but the 'realm two' sounds like a process that is ongoing insecure business, and - I assume - there had been some troubles along the way in making it work. Let's see if in next thursday these two realms converge a bit each other.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-06 13:51 by Doxa.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 6, 2012 14:34

Silver Dagger
I can't believe my good fortune. Next Thursday July 12 I have tickets to see up and coming rock star Anna Calvi in London at........Somerset House. Each summer they have a series of concerts in the beautiful courtyard outside this historic venue.

I know Jeff Beck is a huge fan of Anna. Maybe the Stones wanted some live entertainment or something but it seems a little weird to have both events there on the same night. Bring it on.

Depends how you read the article. It says the photo exhibition is at Somerset House. It doesnt actually say the Stones photocall will be at the same venue (it may well be, but the article is worded a bit ambiguously)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 6, 2012 14:38

aprilfool
It looks like a farewell press conference. How could you hope a tour or just a 2 hours show with keith who is really physically unable to play. I think he is aware and is suffering of his health status. He loves playing but can't. Sad but true.

Dear Christ.....

Where would be be without all these keyboard psychologists and physicians?

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: July 6, 2012 15:21

Thank's to the info above we are in too for Anna Calvi.

A party thereafter the 12th, smileys with beer yes sure. Any suggestions welcome!

Any more?

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: July 6, 2012 16:33

Gazza
aprilfool

Dear Christ.....

Sorry Gazza, I am surely wrong when I talk about farewell press conference but why all these people would like to see a person suffuring when he plays only some minutes. Last show was 5 years ago... Do you really think keith could play without playing during all these 5 years. There is no healing for arthritis. (ok Gazza, come on I am not a doctor too). Until now, I was always pleased to read your interventions but why to be sarcastic, it was only my point of view. Tell me if next time i should have to ask an authorization before to comment something.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 6, 2012 16:44

aprilfool
Gazza
aprilfool

Dear Christ.....

Sorry Gazza, I am surely wrong when I talk about farewell press conference but why all these people would like to see a person suffuring when he plays only some minutes. Last show was 5 years ago... Do you really think keith could play without playing during all these 5 years. There is no healing for arthritis. (ok Gazza, come on I am not a doctor too). Until now, I was always pleased to read your interventions but why to be sarcastic, it was only my point of view. Tell me if next time i should have to ask an authorization before to comment something.

I didn't see sarcasm in Senor G's comment, but rather exasperation. We've all heard the 'Keith can't play' stuff for eons. Why trott it out again in a thread that simply purports to say the band will all be together to 'observe' their anniversary next week. It just doesn't serve any purpose.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 6, 2012 16:45

Doxa
In hindsight everything makes sense, right? I mean, Jagger was alraedy last year talking about that exact date, and that of having done a research for that. Being Jagger - we should have known - he won't do things like that just for fun or curiosity. He had something in his mind going on. It was also the time he talked about lots of "lovely things" to come.

Anyway, in the Stones universe - as it is reaching its 50th Anniversary - there seems to be two co-existing realms. One is that of 'archive project' that seem to go steadily forward - bootlegs, deluxe albums, movies, books, documentaries - and that's a topic Jagger chooses only to talk about. Then there is the realm of The Rolling Stones recording/live performances project, of which we hae heard some rumours, guesses, hopes, etc. from Keith, Ronnie, and Charlie, but NOTHING from Mick.

To me it looks like that the 'realm one' is a firm thing, and its course had been decided upon ages ago, but the 'realm two' sounds like a process that is ongoing insecure business, and - I assume - there had been some troubles along the way in making it work. Let's see if in next thursday these two realms converge a bit each other.

- Doxa

Very good analysis thumbs up

Opening the wine cellar seems to be a safer business than building a new grapevine under poor weather- and environmental conditions (realm 1 vs. 2).

But sometime you must build a new grapevine to fill up the wine cellar.

Let's hope they dare to go out even when a crossfire hurricane is out there ...

Posted by: Marianella ()
Date: July 6, 2012 16:46

PRETEND -WTF- He Has Paid his dues.....

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1550
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home