Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Pittsburgh, PA USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 6, 2020 20:42

Please post your comments, questions and info related the following Rolling Stones No Filter USA Tour 2021 show and travel here:

PITTSBURGH

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-26 15:18 by bv.

Re: Pittsburgh, PA USA/CA 2020 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: psustoned ()
Date: February 8, 2020 20:34

I thought Heinz Field 6/20/2015 was going to be my last time, but almost exactly 5 years later we get to do it again! I mainly lurk here, but looking forward to any updates or possible IORR meetups at the show!

"Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away."

Posted by: dropped ()
Date: February 9, 2020 09:27

Ditto

Exactly what I was going to post. We could meet up in the south Hills and take the T in

Date: February 12, 2020 19:05

Got Rear GA...I hope these are good...seemed like a good deal..same price as all the 500 level upper deck stuff.

Posted by: DREAMTIME ()
Date: February 13, 2020 04:46

RIDE AVAILABLE AFTER PITTSBURGH TO NYC

Posted by: claremont29 ()
Date: February 14, 2020 20:31

I also saw the Stones there 5 years ago. My mistake last time was I did not reserve a hotel room until very late when almost every room was sold. I did find a "sleezy" hotel, the kind where you have to sleep with your clothes on. There were holes in the walls and the bathroom fan sounded like a train locomotive. This year I planned much earlier and found a nice hotel.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 17, 2020 06:58

Wanted to stay at a grand old city hotel so booked the Omni William Penn Hotel for $335 plus $47/night taxes. just last night upon the suggestion of my sister in law who lived til about age 10 in Pitt before moving to Stockton. It may have been less before the show was announced.

Is it as good as it is cranked up to be? And how long of a walk to the stadium? And how far to the Pirates stadium?

My employer should be paying for it as I am combining a business with a leisure trip. That's the only reason I am able to stay there.

plexi

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: February 17, 2020 07:19

timbernardis
Wanted to stay at a grand old city hotel so booked the Omni William Penn Hotel for $335 plus $47/night taxes. just last night upon the suggestion of my sister in law who lived til about age 10 in Pitt before moving to Stockton. It may have been less before the show was announced.

Is it as good as it is cranked up to be? And how long of a walk to the stadium? And how far to the Pirates stadium?

My employer should be paying for it as I am combining a business with a leisure trip. That's the only reason I am able to stay there.

plexi

It's about a 20 to 30 minute walk from the hotel to the football and baseball stadiums, and the stadiums are only about five minutes apart on foot.

Date: February 17, 2020 10:48

StonedInTokyo
timbernardis

plexi

It's about a 20 to 30 minute walk from the hotel to the football and baseball stadiums, and the stadiums are only about five minutes apart on foot.

Thanks Stoned. What shows u going to?

plexi

Re: Pittsburgh, PA USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: July 28, 2021 04:51

Thinking of heading from Delaware to Pitt. Hoping to try for a LD.

Posted by: dropped ()
Date: July 28, 2021 07:14

That’s exactly what I did with a lot of crazy fans -seems like yesterday.

Count me in

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 28, 2021 09:19

Donnebr

LD?

Pittsburgh LDs were sold in February 2020.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: July 28, 2021 13:28

If you have some days to spend and are interested in history, you should not miss to visit Old Economy Village at Ambridge near Pittsburgh:

[oldeconomyvillage.org]

Date: July 28, 2021 19:19

Pittsburgh Pit 2 - $491 at the moment!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 29, 2021 00:43

Topi
Pittsburgh Pit 2 - $491 at the moment!

still:
[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: July 29, 2021 04:45

Topi
Donnebr

LD?

Pittsburgh LDs were sold in February 2020.

I figured they might reopen some again. No worries & thanks for replying.

Date: July 29, 2021 08:53

Only if somebody gets a refund for a previously bought pair. And even then you have to know the direct Lucky Dip link. See explanation in the Lucky Dip thread.

Pittsburgh show-ticketmaster tickets
Posted by: claremont29 ()
Date: August 11, 2021 21:26

I purchased tickets for the Pittsburgh show in 2020. I have viewed my ticketmaster account and it shows my receipt, however, there no link to download the tickets. I have attempted to call and email ticketmaster to see if they are going to mail the tickets. Is anyone else having a similar issue?

Re: Pittsburgh show-ticketmaster tickets
Date: August 11, 2021 21:32

Just call them again and wait on hold for as long as it takes.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 09:50 by timbernardis.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: August 12, 2021 04:18

I got a pair of Pitt Lucky Dips the morning tix went on sale. Also had tix for Buffalo, but now using that refund from Ticketmaster to finance going to Pittsburgh. Hotel walking distance to the stadium. 4 hour ride there. Looking very forward to it

Date: August 22, 2021 16:50

6 weeks from the show and it seems like there are a LOT of tix still for sale in all but the cheapest seats? On Ticketmaster they seem like they are original tix, not ones offered for resale. Stones fans in Pittsburgh known for waiting before buying tix?

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 22, 2021 18:06

Buffalo-St. Louis is the same way. Cheap nose bleed seats are almost completely gone. PLENTY of floor seats available. Perhaps a good gauage that people want to see the Stones, but don't want to spend over $500 for 1 concert ticket.

Date: September 17, 2021 17:20

Still loads of floor seats for Pittsburgh. Though I remember a late 90s, Autumn show in Buffalo where sales were slow up till a day or 2 before the event. Sitting outside on a crisp Autumn evening in the north can either be wonderful under clear skies....or absolutely miserable if it's raining. Rain on an 80F night is refreshing. On a 50F night goes right thru you. Hoping its dry under a starry sky.

Pre Party at McFadden's before the show!
Posted by: KEEFUSRIFFSHARD ()
Date: September 17, 2021 19:11

KEEFUSRIFFSHARD will be at McFadden's Restaurant and Saloon in Pittsburgh will be hosting a Stones Pre Party from about noon or 2 to 8 or 9 pm.
Final details on the hours to come soon.
Their address is 211 N Shore Dr, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 and a 10 minute walk to Heinz Field!
FREE MARDI GRAS BEADS will be distributed and the restaurant will have a great menu and drinks available.
COME ON OUT!
I am working on getting "Stones Karaoke" for the evening as well.

Date: September 18, 2021 15:45

I hope to stop by for a pint or 10

Date: September 18, 2021 18:30

Sounds like a blast! Hope to see you at McFadden's! A good way to kill some time before the show.

Date: September 21, 2021 19:47

Driving down from Buffalo that morning. Staying a 10 minute walk from the stadium. Getting more excited now that it seems the show really will happen.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 05:38

Have Lucky Dips for this, waited too long on hotel and prices are sky-high now, willing to share the tickets if someone can help me out with a room for decent price, some kind of trade plus cash since the room is more than the ticket !

Date: September 30, 2021 04:00

Have Lucky Dips here, too. I booked a hotel when this date was still just a rumor, and could have cancelled if needed. But watch prices as things get closer, prices could come down. Use a site where you can set price alerts for when something comes into your range. Hotels asking $400 now may drop if bookings aren't flying in. It does not seem that many tix are selling the last 2 weeks.

BTW - watching Ticketmaster and the secondary market for St Louis, it bottomed on the day before the show and went no lower day of. Basically $80 was getting a decent seat (though at a stadium that's relative). Good luck all

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: September 30, 2021 04:24

buffalo7478
Have Lucky Dips here, too. I booked a hotel when this date was still just a rumor, and could have cancelled if needed. But watch prices as things get closer, prices could come down. Use a site where you can set price alerts for when something comes into your range. Hotels asking $400 now may drop if bookings aren't flying in. It does not seem that many tix are selling the last 2 weeks.

BTW - watching Ticketmaster and the secondary market for St Louis, it bottomed on the day before the show and went no lower day of. Basically $80 was getting a decent seat (though at a stadium that's relative). Good luck all

Is your LD +1 available?

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2039
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home