Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RIP Alan Lancaster (Status Quo)
Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: September 26, 2021 13:52

Re: RIP Alan Lancaster (Status Quo)
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 26, 2021 13:58

RIP

Date: September 26, 2021 14:14

Sad, sad, sad. RIP, Nuff!

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: September 26, 2021 16:52

I was a big fan of The Quo when I was 14-16 and then drifted away from them as they developed in to a National Institution. I went to see a Frantic Four reunion show in 2013 and was completely blown away at what a great rock band they were with the original line up. This was all down to Alan Lancaster driving the band on bass. I was so impressed I went again in 2014.

RIP Alan, you were the driving force.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 26, 2021 18:17

Rest in peace, Alan Lancaster.

I had a friend once, whose father and Lancaster were cousins.

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: September 27, 2021 01:25

Great Band.
Technicolor Dreams is one of my all time favorites.

RIP

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 27, 2021 02:10

Very sad news, and Rest in Peace Alan.

Only seen Status Quo once at about 2003 on a hot summer day at Alton Towers when Madness, Heather Small,whoever the best Abba tribute act was at the time, and a few other bands played.
Alan wasn't in the Quo lineup back then but can remember him well as the bass player in the early days back in the 60's.

God Bless you Alan.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 27, 2021 02:32

THE AUSTRALIAN ---- 27 September 2021

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 27, 2021 03:13

THE AGE ---- 27 September 2021

ROCKMAN

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: September 27, 2021 15:33

Saw Quo a couple of times at the Glasgow Apollo in the seventies. It was the first pro rock band I ever saw and, boy, did they rock that place. A hard working band that played well. Jump forward forty years and I was pleasantly surprised at a Frantic Four reunion (even if I went there to see the support act). Quo almost dipped into self-parody in their mid-years, but back in the day they gave a hell of a hard-rocking show and Mr Lancaster was very much at the root of it. Thanks for the memories, as they say. Still remembered fondly by Glaswegians of a certain age.

Date: September 27, 2021 15:34

Did you see the concert, teleblaster – the show from the Apollo, that made the famous live album?

Posted by: gastonl74 ()
Date: September 27, 2021 16:25

tremendous loss! he was a great musician in a great band!
R.I.P....

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: September 27, 2021 18:38

DandelionPowderman
Did you see the concert, teleblaster – the show from the Apollo, that made the famous live album?

No, DP, it was a couple of earlier ones I caught. It was one hell of an atmosphere. Must have been sixteen the first time I saw them. Second time Montrose were the support with Sammy Hagar on vocals - went down a storm too.

Date: September 28, 2021 01:27

teleblaster
DandelionPowderman

No, DP, it was a couple of earlier ones I caught. It was one hell of an atmosphere. Must have been sixteen the first time I saw them. Second time Montrose were the support with Sammy Hagar on vocals - went down a storm too.

thumbs up

Posted by: RiffKichards ()
Date: September 28, 2021 06:43

I saw them in 1979 when I was a teenager.

A very great concert that I still remember : good atmosphere, good music, excellent performing.

RIP Alan.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: September 28, 2021 07:09

Sad news, he looked frail on the frantic four reunion, but he played a blinder and did a great vocal on Roadhouse. Caught the final gig on that run and they were great.

Date: September 28, 2021 09:39

Paddy
Sad news, he looked frail on the frantic four reunion, but he played a blinder and did a great vocal on Roadhouse. Caught the final gig on that run and they were great.

He had a severe case of MS on those tours, but trooped on.

What a legend!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: September 29, 2021 01:00

DandelionPowderman
Paddy

He had a severe case of MS on those tours, but trooped on.

What a legend!

Yeah, that takes a bit of grit alright. There’s a lovely clip of Quo rehearsing for that tour and they kick off Roadhouse Blues and I think they all, Alan included was surprised at how well he played and sang. He seemed a gentle soul.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 29, 2021 01:21

When was the last time Quo toured North America? I don't recall them playing in Vancouver, at least since the 80s onwards.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 29, 2021 01:49

Opening Band at Live Aid at the old Wembley Stadium.

I remember it so well, and down the Pub after Status Quo, and put on record...... to VHS the rest of the next few hours.
Still got that tape somewhere. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-29 02:04 by crawdaddy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2101
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home