Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Secret Stone - Sunday Mail (Ian Stewart)
Posted by: fingalcrom ()
Date: July 1, 2012 22:27

Forgive me if this has already been posted. Nice pull-out from the Scottish Sunday Mail about Stu. Published today - 1st July 2012. Enjoy xxxxx

Re: The Secret Stone - Sunday Mail (Ian Stewart)
Posted by: GOO ()
Date: July 1, 2012 22:34

I love my rocket88 lp

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 1, 2012 22:45

Great tribute to Ian Stewart. Thanks very much for posting

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: finn ()
Date: July 1, 2012 22:53

thank you for this

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: July 1, 2012 22:59

....Excellent ...Thank you very much..

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 1, 2012 23:09

Great read, Thank you very much for posting.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 1, 2012 23:14

thumbs up

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: July 1, 2012 23:24

I remember the first time I was able to afford good seats to a Stones concert was back in 1981. I had second row seats and was watching the stagehands do there thing and there was Stu on the stage right up by his keyboards. I pointed Stu out to some people down by me in "the good seats" and they had no idea who he was.

Stu and Keef

Apartment No 9

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 2, 2012 00:23

Thanks for this. thumbs up

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 2, 2012 00:42

Excellent read - thanks!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 2, 2012 01:06

thanks fingalcrom ....nice work ...great read

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: July 3, 2012 22:25

...Great pages full of informations which deserve more views.....

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 3, 2012 22:51

On tour with the Stones in 1984?

Damn, did I miss out on a tour?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 3, 2012 23:59

I dont' agree that there would have been the same Rolling Stones without Brian and without Stu. Keith walks in on Brian for the first time at an apartment and asks what Brian is listening to and it's Robert Johnson. Ian walks in on Brian and Brian is listening to Howlin' Wolf. Brian was the advanced one. Brian was the spark that lit the fuse on I Wanna Be Your Man. As much as Brian is a part of the concrete foundation of Stones' sound, so is Stu's boogie woogie. It seems that Stu's personal feelings about Brian cloud Brian's contributions to the band, while Stu appears to loathe Andrew, but at least gives him his due. Also noted is that Stu lays it down plain and simple, he is the SECOND Stone. Which by mathematical deduction means Brian is the FIRST Stone.

Date: July 4, 2012 00:58

24FPS
I dont' agree that there would have been the same Rolling Stones without Brian and without Stu. Keith walks in on Brian for the first time at an apartment and asks what Brian is listening to and it's Robert Johnson. Ian walks in on Brian and Brian is listening to Howlin' Wolf. Brian was the advanced one. Brian was the spark that lit the fuse on I Wanna Be Your Man. As much as Brian is a part of the concrete foundation of Stones' sound, so is Stu's boogie woogie. It seems that Stu's personal feelings about Brian cloud Brian's contributions to the band, while Stu appears to loathe Andrew, but at least gives him his due. Also noted is that Stu lays it down plain and simple, he is the SECOND Stone. Which by mathematical deduction means Brian is the FIRST Stone.

You sound defensive about this. Who really knows who threw the first stone...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 4, 2012 01:19

Munichhilton
24FPS

Didn't Charlie try to throw Mick out of a window after punching him? Seems as though Charlie threw the first stone.

Date: July 4, 2012 02:28

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
24FPS

Didn't Charlie try to throw Mick out of a window after punching him? Seems as though Charlie threw the first stone.

The only hole in your argument is that you assume Mick was the First Stone.
If perhaps a different thrown stone was the first stone, than that stone would supersede the thrown stone you propose...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 4, 2012 13:56

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
24FPS

The only hole in your argument is that you assume Mick was the First Stone.
If perhaps a different thrown stone was the first stone, than that stone would supersede the thrown stone you propose...

I didn't use capital letters, therefore I wasn't calling Mick the First Stone, only the first stone actually thrown.

Using your argument, there in fact is no hole in my argument.

Let someone who has not sinned cast the first stone Munich!

Posted by: belld ()
Date: July 4, 2012 15:11

Thanks. I detect the influence of our local music critic Billy Sloan who has enjoyed many Stones concerts since the 73 tour.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: July 4, 2012 16:03

Last picture. Stu, back right, on tour with the Stones in 1984....

Oh, well who cares if it's true and accurate as long as it sells.

www.rsundercover.eu

Date: July 4, 2012 17:35

Britney

Brit, didn't you see that tour?

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: August 23, 2012 18:51

Munichhilton
Britney

Brit, didn't you see that tour?

Only in my dreams.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: August 23, 2012 20:37

Thanks for sharin' it.

HMN

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: August 23, 2012 20:56

Love and Light to Stu
Someone had to keep their feet on the ground

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: August 23, 2012 22:34

Thank you for posting. They used other keyboardists over the years, but there was only one Stu. I love every outtake I hear of him just playing some blues in the studio.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: August 24, 2012 00:40

Great post fingalcrom. Stu can never be given enough credit, and his playing really enriched the band when he chose to contribute. A solid guy if there ever was one.

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: August 24, 2012 01:31

Great stuff. Thanks very much.

Date: August 24, 2012 01:42

thumbs up

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: August 24, 2012 05:31

thumbs up

There once was a Stone that few knew
Could play a piano so blue
Though five you were seein'
In fact there was Ian
And everyone knew him as Stu

Posted by: STUFAN ()
Date: November 7, 2012 22:52

Thanks for that great post. My dream is that they release the biography, 'Stu' in paperback someday but don't think it will ever happen.

Steve

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home