Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick banter inspired by George Carlin?
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 29, 2012 03:05

On LA Friday, between aint too proud and You Got To Move mick goes "Sit down stand up, sit down stand up, sit down stand up...". It sounds like the part of George Carlin's stand up when he talks about sitting (and standing) through a Catholic Mass. I think I remember seeing a video of ATTB from one of those shows and at the end he's sitting on the floor then he gets up so that may be why he says it, but I bet he got it from Carlin.

Re: Mick banter inspired by George Carlin?
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 29, 2012 03:26

Mick might be funny, but he ain't no George Carlin.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: June 29, 2012 03:33

In fairness, Carlin would often say "you can't say we never try-ie-i-i-ied"

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: June 29, 2012 03:49

uh.... yeah, good one.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 29, 2012 04:18

PLAYBOY: The Beatles as opposed to the Stones?

George Carlin: "There are things the Stones did that I couldn't ignore, but I've always listened to the Beatles four to one over the Stones."

From PLAYBOY interview, 1982.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: June 29, 2012 19:29

Edith Grove
Mick might be funny, but he ain't no George Carlin.

He also ain't Irish-Catholic.

George Carlin: "I used to be Irish-Catholic, then I became an American, you know... you grow."

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: June 29, 2012 22:34

ryanpow
On LA Friday, between aint too proud and You Got To Move mick goes "Sit down stand up, sit down stand up, sit down stand up...". It sounds like the part of George Carlin's stand up when he talks about sitting (and standing) through a Catholic Mass. I think I remember seeing a video of ATTB from one of those shows and at the end he's sitting on the floor then he gets up so that may be why he says it, but I bet he got it from Carlin.

Whaaaat? Seriously? I think he was making a sarcastic remark about the crowd, Even though we all think of the glory days and the crowds going wild, well just check out the videos from the LA 75 show and people are sitting down for most of the show. A great shot of the crowd during hearbreaker and everyone is sitting down, WTH!!!!!

starting at :45 everyone is sitting down, look at the guy keeping the beat (hand on knee) not to crazy a crowd!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1987
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home