Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

7-inch Mini LP Replica SACD CDs
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 22, 2021 18:25

I have noticed that some of their albums and singles are getting redone in this new sized format - Let It Bleed, Satanic, the exclusive CD Singles, and I believe Beggars are all in this 7-inch format, which I kind of like. I am wondering if there are any others that I've missed. Does anyone know if there are plans to redo the entire catalog in this size? If so, this would mark my 3rd time buying the whole early stuff. I bought the original Abkco releases, which weren't very good, then upgraded to the Japanese SHM's when they came out. I do like these though, from a size perspective, and the fact that they replicate the LP's, which I also one day want to try and acquire - all original ones, not vinyl reissues unless they are of significance, like say the 2-LP deluxe GHS, as that is really different from the original.

Re: 7-inch Mini LP Replica SACD CDs
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 22, 2021 20:40

VoodooLounge13

Does anyone know if there are plans to redo the entire catalog in this size?

Difficult to say since these 7-inch replicas in cardboard-sleeves seem to be a special product by Universal Music Japan.

Date: August 22, 2021 21:50

Is this the complete list of them Irix?

Beggars
LIB
Satanic
Satisfaction 50th anniversay SMHCD Single
the 5 Japan-only CD singles (Tell Me/As Tears Go By, Paint It Black/Lady Jane, JJF/Gimme Shelter, Satisfaction/Get Off My Cloud, and Honky Tonk Women/Street Fighting Man)

are there others of this 7-inch size?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 22, 2021 22:10

VoodooLounge13

Dunno - have a look into the Discography on [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] or on [www.Discogs.com] .

Japanese Mono-Box (2016) - UICY-77710:

"SHM-CD discs contained in this box set come housed in 7-inch mini LP sleeves that are similar in size to EP sleeves (this is a Japan-only feature)." - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [www.CDJapan.co.jp] .

Studio-Albums 1971-2016 as Japanese SHM-CDs with mini-LP Cardboard sleeve - [iorr.org] .

Flashpoint (2015 re-release, UICY-40163) and Steel Wheels (2015 re-release, UICY-40162) were in paper sleeves (no mention of 7") - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-22 22:45 by Irix.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 22, 2021 22:23

Those are Japan only releases. Really nice but kind of pricey. I believe most of them are still available from cdjapan.

Date: August 22, 2021 23:16

Irix
VoodooLounge13

Dunno - have a look into the Discography on [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] or on [www.Discogs.com] .

Japanese Mono-Box (2016) - UICY-77710:

"SHM-CD discs contained in this box set come housed in 7-inch mini LP sleeves that are similar in size to EP sleeves (this is a Japan-only feature)." - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [www.CDJapan.co.jp] .

Studio-Albums 1971-2016 as Japanese SHM-CDs with mini-LP Cardboard sleeve - [iorr.org] .

Flashpoint (2015 re-release, UICY-40163) and Steel Wheels (2015 re-release, UICY-40162) were in paper sleeves (no mention of 7") - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Ugh so they did do the entire early album series. That mono set is one I definitely missed out on!! Heck, even trying to find a non-7-inch version is getting harder and harder and pricey, but now I want that one!!

Does anyone have any of these mini-LP's? Mini LP's. They don't mention the 7-inch sizing either.

I have the original miniature LP versions of the 71-81 CD's - the ones that came in the plastic cases and were released sometime in the 90's. Those are the ones often thought to be the definitive sound, though some of the SACD's and SMH's really blow away everything else, I think!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-22 23:16 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 22, 2021 23:58

I have the Through The Past Darkly SHM CD.

Date: August 23, 2021 00:18

24FPS

Is it a 7-inch size?

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: August 23, 2021 00:26

VoodooLounge13
24FPS

Is it a 7-inch size?
No. That is octagon shaped 5" LP replica.

Date: August 23, 2021 01:47

OK so those are similar to the other mini-LP replicas that were done maybe 10 years ago?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 23, 2021 01:52

I have several of the mini ones (apprx. 3 x 3 inches) that came with with bubble gum from the early '80's...... cool little replicas, though no music involved.

Date: August 23, 2021 02:53

Hairball
I have several of the mini ones (apprx. 3 x 3 inches) that came with with bubble gum from the early '80's...... cool little replicas, though no music involved.

Well that's different!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1651
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home