Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - Electric Ladyland on Blu Ray
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 30, 2021 23:49

Wow! On the 50th Anniversary boxset is a brand new 5.1 surround sound mix on Blu Ray created by Eddie Kramer, Hendrix' producer of choice. It's incredible. With a surround sound system it sounds like a dome of music over your head. (Yeah, yeah, plasticine porters, etc). I think Jimi would have approved. It really gives separation to the instruments.

There are also some nice demos. An included treat is a somewhat crude recording, but still enjoyable, of the JH Experience playing the Hollywood Bowl in 1968. Imagine a live version of Are You Experienced?

It's a shame, but it seems to only way to get these great Blu Ray music releases is as add ons for these expensive boxsets. The George Harrison All Things Must Pass box is coming up with a Blu Ray, followed by Tattoo You. Nice to be able to buy them separately at a good price.

Re: OT - Electric Ladyland on Blu Ray
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 31, 2021 10:35

The Hendrix 5.1 mix is stunning. I wish these could be bought as separate units, too. I can't really afford $200 box sets anymore. I did bite on the Hendrix as it wasn't super expensive although I thought the live disc was unlistenable. I have heard the Abbey Road 5.1 mix & it' outstanding.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 31, 2021 11:41

amazon Germany offers the deluxe edition for just 50 Euros…

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 31, 2021 17:55

crholmstrom
The Hendrix 5.1 mix is stunning. I wish these could be bought as separate units, too. I can't really afford $200 box sets anymore. I did bite on the Hendrix as it wasn't super expensive although I thought the live disc was unlistenable. I have heard the Abbey Road 5.1 mix & it' outstanding.

Yes, the Hollywood Bowl CD is 'challenging', but incredible. Other than Band of Gypsys, maybe the best live Hendrix I've heard. Okay, Monterey.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1983
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home