Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Interview with music producer Steve Lillywhite
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: July 26, 2021 18:00

Nice little read. Some insights into working with MJ and KR.

[www.musicbusinessworldwide.com]

Re: OT: Interview with music producer Steve Lillywhite
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 26, 2021 18:13

So here's the Stones reference...

"I guess that progression from punk, to new wave, to rock n roll reached a sort of natural conclusion producing The Rolling Stones [Dirty Work, 1985].

I always say though, I produced the worst ever Rolling Stones album. Until the next one.

WHAT WAS THAT EXPERIENCE LIKE?
Well, it was great. But it was crazy. The magic had become more and more difficult to find. Mick and Keith were not talking to each other. Mick had just done his first solo album, which Mick called ‘that @#$%& disco album’. To Keith that was basically worse than being unfaithful."

No, you in fact did produce the worst one.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: July 26, 2021 18:24

Loved the interview.

In particular the closer: "to even think that working with the Stones was anything but a privilege and a joy is ridiculous. This is a vocation for me. And the difference between a job and a vocation, is that you’re allowed to complain about a job. With a vocation, if you complain, you’ve lost the sense of wonder that makes it a vocation in the first place"

So true.

C

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: July 26, 2021 19:30

A good article

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 26, 2021 19:34

treaclefingers
So here's the Stones reference...

"I guess that progression from punk, to new wave, to rock n roll reached a sort of natural conclusion producing The Rolling Stones [Dirty Work, 1985].

I always say though, I produced the worst ever Rolling Stones album. Until the next one.

WHAT WAS THAT EXPERIENCE LIKE?
Well, it was great. But it was crazy. The magic had become more and more difficult to find. Mick and Keith were not talking to each other. Mick had just done his first solo album, which Mick called ‘that @#$%& disco album’. To Keith that was basically worse than being unfaithful."

No, you in fact did produce the worst one.

The worst one? He didn't produce Undercover did he?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1798
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home