Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Wembley Pool 73
Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: June 16, 2012 05:43

A few songs from these shows are on various version of Brussels 73, they are high quality, are there more available, or just the few that appear on versions of Brussels Affair.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-16 05:52 by lapaz62.

Re: Wembley Pool 73
Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: June 16, 2012 13:56

Only a couple of songs from the KBFH radio...they were mixed in with Brussels 1st for a 'best of' '73 concert.

However, both Wembley shows were recorded on multitrack by Andy Johns. 16mm film from the complete Wembley 8th show exist...

Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: June 16, 2012 15:48

The bbc had it as a 1 hour concert.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 16, 2012 16:53

pike bishop
The bbc had it as a 1 hour concert.

It has been screened in the UK? In 73/74?
If yes, did anyone see it?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 16, 2012 17:07

No. BBC RADIO. Not BBC TV. No video footage has ever surfaced.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-16 17:07 by Gazza.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: June 16, 2012 18:36

Gazza

I seem to remember taping something off BBC radio around 75 -76 but I think what was broadcast was Brussels 73 - about an hour long. If anyone else can shed some light on this, I stand to be corrected before I hit the attic.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: June 17, 2012 01:55

kevinkamphuis
However, both Wembley shows were recorded on multitrack by Andy Johns. 16mm film from the complete Wembley 8th show exist...

The 'Holy Grail' if you will of MT era Stones footage IMHO... maybe in my lifetime
I'll be able to see this....

Date: June 17, 2012 02:14

Tonstone
Gazza

I seem to remember taping something off BBC radio around 75 -76 but I think what was broadcast was Brussels 73 - about an hour long. If anyone else can shed some light on this, I stand to be corrected before I hit the attic.

The only thing the BBC ever broadcast was the KBFH stuff. Its been billed as 'London' and even 'Munich' (which would probably explain why for many years the 'Bedspring symphony' bootlegs were believed to be from Munich). In fact when they broadcast it again on BBC Radio around 1988 or so, they even said it was from the band's 1974 European tour. eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-17 02:15 by Gazza.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: June 17, 2012 02:35

I was at the wembley concert in 73 and managed to record it on a cassette tape, the sound is so distorted you can't really hear anything worth listning to but I have kept it all the same.It was all seated and I sat about half way back on the ground level, I can remember Jagger whipping the stage with his belt during MR

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: June 17, 2012 02:41

Aren't the 1973 Wembley shows out on boots? COMEBACK TO ENGLAND and DANCING WITH MR. J come immediately to mind.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: June 20, 2012 11:57

This Is From a Website Called Maximum Sound.

Rolling Stones Live at Wembley Empire Pool '73 DVD

$12.00

Product Description

Decent quality Pro-shot broadcast recordings of the Rolling Stones, recorded live at the Wembley Empire Pool, in London, England, on Sept 8th, 1973. DVD has a total running time is 67 minutes, and quality is about 7/10. Track listing is as follows:

Rolling Stones - Wembley Empire Pool 1973 - IMP DVD

London September 8th, 1973 (2nd show)

01 Opening

02 Brown sugar

03 Happy

04 Tumbling dice

05 You cant always get what you want

06 Doo doo doo doo doo

07 Midnight rambler

08 Honky tonk women

09 All down the line

10 Rip this joint

11 JJF

12 Street fighting man

London September 8th, 1973 (2nd show) (2nd source)

01 Brown sugar

02 Happy

London September 8th, 1973 (2nd show) (so called Legacy Version)

01 Legacy Version

London September 9th, 1973 (Nasty music show)

01 Happy

02 Street fighting man

Old grey whistle test 1973

01 Opening

02 Silver train

03 interview

04 Dancing with Mr. D

This region-free DVD-R is in NTSC format and will play on most PS2 systems and DVD Players made since 2000, and comes in a FULL SIZE DVD case, with cover art and track listing.

First class shipping is FREE! Priority shipping on this item is $4.00. International shipping is $5.00.

Credit card payment, Paypal or Money order ships next day. Personal check ships in 7 days.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: June 20, 2012 12:02

MILKYWAY
Aren't the 1973 Wembley shows out on boots? COMEBACK TO ENGLAND and DANCING WITH MR. J come immediately to mind.

Don't forget LIVE IN LONDON (September 8), a very expensive vinyl record I bought in 1980 in Berlin. It is a decent audience recording with a pink sleeve and seems to have been very rare.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 20, 2012 13:17

pgarof
I was at the wembley concert in 73 and managed to record it on a cassette tape, the sound is so distorted you can't really hear anything worth listning to but I have kept it all the same.It was all seated and I sat about half way back on the ground level, I can remember Jagger whipping the stage with his belt during MR

The memories come flooding back with jagger hitting the stage with his belt on the stones last concert in birmingham 73.

Billy preston was the support act in which he was very good.

there were two shows one around 17.30 and the one i went to at around 20.30 which was my first stones concert and obviously mick taylor in attendance, such was the days.thumbs up

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: June 20, 2012 13:18

The quality of that DVD is appalling. Barely watchable imo. By no stretch of the imagination would I say it's "decent quality". Get it off a torrent for free and save yourself some money.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: June 20, 2012 13:32

saltoftheearth
Don't forget LIVE IN LONDON (September 8), a very expensive vinyl record I bought in 1980 in Berlin. It is a decent audience recording with a pink sleeve and seems to have been very rare.

I have copy of that LP but didn't know it was from these shows. I will have to give it another listen.

Thanks for the heads up!

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Date: June 20, 2012 18:46

Father Ted
The quality of that DVD is appalling. Barely watchable imo. By no stretch of the imagination would I say it's "decent quality". Get it off a torrent for free and save yourself some money.

it also says above that its a pro shot. Is it?

Posted by: matsumoto33 ()
Date: June 21, 2012 01:43

Gazza
Father Ted

it also says above that its a pro shot. Is it?

No, that should say 'definitely not pro-shot'

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: June 21, 2012 02:13

odean73
pgarof

The memories come flooding back with jagger hitting the stage with his belt on the stones last concert in birmingham 73.

there were two shows one around 17.30 and the one i went to at around 20.30 which was my first stones concert and obviously mick taylor in attendance, such was the days.thumbs up

I was at the second show, the stage was very bare as i recall, just the stones but also very raw and gutsy.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 21, 2012 02:29

ROCKMAN

Date: June 21, 2012 02:36

kevinkamphuis

There were four shows. One show on the 7th, two on the 8th and one on the 9th.

The KBFH recordings come from the final show.

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: June 21, 2012 03:45

Rockman:

Thanks for posting the cool Wembley photo. Do you have any others?

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 21, 2012 06:32

Do you have any others?

...yeah there's a couple of others ... see what I can find for ya

ROCKMAN

Date: June 21, 2012 15:36

Rockman
Do you have any others?

...yeah there's a couple of others ... see what I can find for ya

Hi Rockman, trust you keeping ok?

No chance of any from birmingham odean.

Date: June 21, 2012 15:41

pgarof
odean73
pgarof

I was at the second show, the stage was very bare as i recall, just the stones but also very raw and gutsy.

Raw and gutsy and also unnervingly scary for a young kid still at school, i can recall my friend saying it was time to catch the last bus home around 10 minutes before the end, i said you got to be joking this is absolutely brilliant im not missing this, cant remember how i got home that night thou. That was me hooked.thumbs up

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 21, 2012 16:16

Yeah, the stage in 73 was more or less bare, compared to these days anyhow. Mick doing his little gimmicks and Gimme Shelter dancesteps.
But don't forget those revolving mirrors above stage although myself I wasn't too excited from them . .

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: June 21, 2012 17:01

Wembley

Used to be a bunch of pix at the Getty site listed as Wembley. Unsure of the accuracy though

Birmingham

Date: June 21, 2012 17:55

Thanks for the pictures.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: June 21, 2012 18:54

SD's audience recording of the Sept. 8, early show is one of the treasures of that tour. Highly recommended. It has my favorite live performance of YCAGWYW. Taylor and Jagger in simpatico.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 21, 2012 19:10

that last photo there is just so classic - such an emblem of '73- beautifully trashed, glammed and wasted -

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: June 21, 2012 19:55

hbwriter
that last photo there is just so classic - such an emblem of '73- beautifully trashed, glammed and wasted -

I don't think that last one is even from '73. I think it's from the '72 American tour.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2049
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home