Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

keith and bob dylan at seville 91
Posted by: LERIFFHUMAIN ()
Date: May 27, 2021 19:15

good evening everyone
I have a problem, I can't find the lyrics of the rattle and roll shake version of keith at the seville festival in 1991 with bob dylan because this version is really different from the bill haley version .... either keith and bob don't know the lyrics or the text is really different ... someone could help me please?

[www.youtube.com]

Re: keith and bob dylan at seville 91
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 27, 2021 21:36

Pretty much the Big Joe Turner version

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: May 27, 2021 22:39

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 27, 2021 23:00

Such a lazy, unrehearsed live version of the song. All framed by two non-singer jokers.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: May 28, 2021 22:05

Stoneage
Such a lazy, unrehearsed live version of the song. All framed by two non-singer jokers.

Keith actually played a brilliant set though, got the biggest applause of the evening.
Yeah the thing with Bob, like Live Aid a complete disaster, through no fault of Keith's BTW.

Keith played the best version of Going Down I've ever heard, great solo too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-28 22:12 by Rocktiludrop.

Date: May 28, 2021 23:30

That drummer of Keith's is too dominant. Annoyingly dominant. Keith seems to think the world of him though. Strange...

Date: May 28, 2021 23:34

Steve Jordan is brilliant, gets the best out of Keith and actually was recommended by Charlie Watts.

Date: May 28, 2021 23:40

Strange, Charlie isn't an upfront drummer like that. But there you go...

Date: May 29, 2021 11:49

Stoneage

Your negativity is insistent and consistent concerning Keith, did Keith do something really bad to you, basically you are calling Keith a liar when he says in various interviews that Charlie said if you work with another Drummer try Steve Jordan.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: May 29, 2021 15:37

Steve Jordan is excellent! John Mayer and Eric Clapton in addition to Keith, seem to agree.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 29, 2021 16:35

Bob Dylan 1991 is his nadir year. But in one out of 15 concerts, he's magnificent. It can't be only alcohol, it seems like he did it on purpose.

My father saw him him in 1990 and 1991, and he said "never ever again".

But in 1995 and 1996 I bought tickets for the both of us, so he HAD to go. And he was in shock, best concerts he'd been at. Same goes for 1998 and 2000.

Seville 1991.....I have it on DVD, I never watch it again.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: May 29, 2021 16:58

I attended about 8 to 10 concerts of Bob between the mid 70ies and late 90ties.
There was one concert in the late 90ies that was one of the best concerts I ever attended. It was pure Rockmusic.
When they played 'Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat' they teared the house down. The crowd went wild like in early Stones concerts.
But I must agree that there were more than just a couple of concerts just to forget.

Date: May 29, 2021 17:34

Rocktiludrop
Stoneage

Your negativity is insistent and consistent concerning Keith, did Keith do something really bad to you, basically you are calling Keith a liar when he says in various interviews that Charlie said if you work with another Drummer try Steve Jordan.

I'm aware Keith said that. Didn't call him a liar. I just found it strange that Charlie would recommend a drummer like Steve Jordan. A personal opinion. Why the vitriol?

Date: May 29, 2021 20:04

Stoneage
Rocktiludrop
Stoneage

I'm aware Keith said that. Didn't call him a liar. I just found it strange that Charlie would recommend a drummer like Steve Jordan. A personal opinion. Why the vitriol?

We get it a lot though, questioning Keith's words all the time, some people that are constantly negative towards Keith don't really know the man and they definitely don't understand his music. If you can't see what the Wino's acheived with Keith and what Steve Jordan is as a drummer and co writer producer with Keith then what can i say.

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: June 21, 2021 20:36

I love Keith, but his version of shake rattle and roll sounds lame compared to this cover version of Phil Haley and the Comments. Their swing and urgency is so compelling: [m.youtube.com]

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: June 21, 2021 21:29

But somethin else at Seville Fab. Something always seems to go wrong when Bob and Keith play together eg the terrible live aid.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 21, 2021 22:56

underrehearsed and pointless

Date: June 21, 2021 23:46

Keith at the same show was rehearsed on the other songs he played. Some great guitar work from Keith here.
GOING DOWN
[m.youtube.com]

SOMETHING ELSE.
[m.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-21 23:54 by Rocktiludrop.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1921
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home