Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Promo Videos Crazy Mama / Hey Negrita
Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: June 13, 2021 21:52

These videos are shot in a big hall during the 1976 tour.

Again I wonder:

Shot during a real concert with the studio recordings as playback?

Or staged in front of empty seats, without an audience?

The facial expressions of the band members makes me think of the Rock and a hard place-video...

Priest

Re: Promo Videos Crazy Mama / Hey Negrita
Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: June 13, 2021 21:59

Full-playback in a hall in Germany (was it Kiel?) in the early morning. No audience.
Hot stuff-video was recorded as well, so they did three tracks.

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: June 13, 2021 22:57

nzentgraf.de - 1976 - nr. 760501A :

may 1st, kiel (germany), ostseehalle, video shoots,
may 2nd, kiel - concert

Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: June 13, 2021 22:59

they did a forth song - fool to cry

Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: June 14, 2021 21:00

Thank You!!

& best wishes from Cologne!

Priest

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 14, 2021 21:42

Sounds like the start of a pretty good album....

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: June 14, 2021 22:05

infos here: iorr.org

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 14, 2021 22:32

BLACK AND BLUE was released April 15. May 1 they recorded videos for Hey Negrita, Hot Stuff, Fool To Cry and Crazy Mama. They had only done 4 shows on the tour so far, the 5th the next day.

The video for Fool To Cry was released in April according to [www.imdb.com], which is obviously wrong.

Fool To Cry (LP and edit) and Hot Stuff promo singles (LP and edit) were in April and the video for Hot Stuff was supposedly released in June. Hand Of Fate was released as a single in France but there's no video for it, just the Fool To Cry single and the 3 B-sides.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 14, 2021 22:38

To me it's amazing that they did videos and promos for all those songs and didn't touch Memory Motel, the best of the bunch.

Posted by: TIRED ()
Date: June 14, 2021 22:47

deardoctor
Full-playback in a hall in Germany (was it Kiel?) in the early morning. No audience.
Hot stuff-video was recorded as well, so they did three tracks.

Fool To Cry was not full playback. Vocals were recorded live.

Date: June 15, 2021 00:09

GasLightStreet
BLACK AND BLUE was released April 15. May 1 they recorded videos for Hey Negrita, Hot Stuff, Fool To Cry and Crazy Mama. They had only done 4 shows on the tour so far, the 5th the next day.

The video for Fool To Cry was released in April according to [www.imdb.com], which is obviously wrong.

Fool To Cry (LP and edit) and Hot Stuff promo singles (LP and edit) were in April and the video for Hot Stuff was supposedly released in June. Hand Of Fate was released as a single in France but there's no video for it, just the Fool To Cry single and the 3 B-sides.

Fool To Cry (video) was the only one with new vocals (no falsetto on the choruses, if memory serves). What's the story there?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 15, 2021 08:09

DandelionPowderman
GasLightStreet

Fool To Cry (video) was the only one with new vocals (no falsetto on the choruses, if memory serves). What's the story there?

I'm going to guess it's because it was the only intended real single for the LP. Think about that time - the album came out not long before the tour ended.

That's really weird.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: June 15, 2021 08:49

I don't recall that the videos for Black and Blue got any airplay in the U.S. in '76.

The syndicated program Don Kirshner's Rock Concert had played the promo films for GHS and IORR, with a lot of hype and promotion beforehand. The Friday night show Midnight Special on NBC sometimes played promos, but again, I think if they had run a Stones video I would have heard about it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1191
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home