Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O.T. Going to two gigs in three days.
Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 9, 2021 20:33

Tonight I'm off to The Cavern Pub in Raynes Park to see The Waders,which includes Peter Bruntnell and also Steve Simpson who is a great musician from the local area.
I think he is due to go on UK Tour hopefully within the next few months with old English Rocker, Joe Brown ,who is still going strong and must be near on 80 years old. smileys with beer

Friday night will be a band with Peter and James Walbourne at the same venue and hope to get some of Petes' songs and great guitar playing from the Pretenders lead guitarist.
Only just come across Thumbelina by The Pretenders, thanks to Hairball here on IORR.

Really looking forward to my first live gigs since beginning of September last year.

Re: O.T. Going to two gigs in three days.
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 9, 2021 20:45

I'm going to see The Allman Betts Band tonight. First concert sized gig I've been to in a Loooong while - 2019.

They have a great song called "Magnolia Road". Duane Betts can really play. Devon can't sing like Gregg, but who can? Looking forward to it.

Date: June 10, 2021 15:22

Chuck Leavell joined the Allman Betts Band onstage in Macon last night.

They did "Southbound" with a nice piano solo by Chuck, then "Blue Sky" with Duane Betts channeling Dickie. Devon Allman asked Chuck if he had time for one more. Chuck said, "Do you know any Rolling Stones' songs?" They band launched into a great version of "Dead Flowers".

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: June 10, 2021 15:54

Elmo Lewis
Chuck Leavell joined the Allman Betts Band onstage in Macon last night.

They did "Southbound" with a nice piano solo by Chuck, then "Blue Sky" with Duane Betts channeling Dickie. Devon Allman asked Chuck if he had time for one more. Chuck said, "Do you know any Rolling Stones' songs?" They band launched into a great version of "Dead Flowers".

Nice! I love the Allman Bros. Blue Sky may have my favorite guitar work of any song I’ve heard from anyone. The isolated Blue Sky guitar tracks from Duane and Dickie are on YouTube and are astonishing. What an cool show you saw. Chuck and they covered Dead Flowers? I’m jealous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-06-10 15:56 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: June 10, 2021 16:21

Sounds like a great night with The Allman Betts Band, and Chuck on stage.

Dead Flowers performed on stage with Chuck must have been a real bonus for any Stones fans who were there. smileys with beer

Date: June 11, 2021 04:24

Yes, been going to see the Stones since 1981 and never heard them play it. Devon sang the first verse and Chuck sang the second.

BTW, Berry Duane Oakley is their bass player.

They finished with "Green Flower Street" - a Donald Fagen song - they can really play.

Nice mix of originals, some ABB tunes, and interesting covers: "Dead Flowers", "Shakedown Street", and "Atlantic City", as well as GFS.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: June 11, 2021 04:38

Official Right Vibes Festival announcement! Drum roll please.........
DON CARLOS & DUB VISION
PURE ROOTS
KAVA JAH
STEVEN ROBINSON
JUNIOR TOOTS
ANCESTREE
DJ DADDY SPLEECE
DJ ADAM TWELVE
MC ROCKY BAILEY
Saturday June 19th 2021
12pm-9pm outdoors in the Santa Cruz Mountains
Ages 21+
Covid Safe Event
LIMITED TICKETS AVAILABLE - THIS SHOW WILL SELL OUT
Advance ticket sales only, no tickets will be sold at the door
Shaded table & onsite parking included with VIP
Private show in an beautiful, intimate outdoor setting
Address provided with ticket sale
Tickets are available via rightvibesfestival@gmail.com
Or text/call (831) 465-4763

Kailash Irie gonna be guesting w/ pure roots

Was a total blast last year, if you're on the coast or close, do it.

jb

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 11, 2021 04:47

crawdaddy
Tonight I'm off to The Cavern Pub in Raynes Park to see The Waders,which includes Peter Bruntnell and also Steve Simpson who is a great musician from the local area.
I think he is due to go on UK Tour hopefully within the next few months with old English Rocker, Joe Brown ,who is still going strong and must be near on 80 years old. smileys with beer

Friday night will be a band with Peter and James Walbourne at the same venue and hope to get some of Petes' songs and great guitar playing from the Pretenders lead guitarist.
Only just come across Thumbelina by The Pretenders, thanks to Hairball here on IORR.

Really looking forward to my first live gigs since beginning of September last year.

Nice. thumbs up

Up to now I've seen a live Mariachi band for free at a local Mexican food restaurant...good times, but look forward to seeing some live music in a proper venue soon.

Date: June 13, 2021 00:19

Didn't get to the gig on Friday night at Raynes Park,SW London as the trains from Epsom and surrounding areas to London were not running since the morning.
No videos of it and not been in contact with anyone who was there just yet.
Will see if any reviews or pics and videos turn up in the next few days.
Only info I've heard is the band with Pete and James Walbourne will be playing at the same venue in August sometime.

A lot can change before then and it looks likely we are not coming out of lockdown, but hopefully no changes to how we are now.

We will know more here in UK on Monday.

Hoping that Pubs and bars, restaurants, live music venues etc. will still be open for business. thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 13, 2021 02:30

I just read about the possibility of a delay on BBC.com crawdaddy - hoping for the best. BBC

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 13, 2021 02:57

I love lots of my calendar.

But not sure what's gonna happen when the date rolls around and I still don't feel like leaving home.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1523
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home