Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Graffiti
Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: June 8, 2012 04:09

This tounge has a history in the area I live in. It was painted sometime in the 70's and then touched up in 89 and then the other night someone touched it up again. For a while it was almost gone. I took this picture the morning after it was completed. (No I did not do it!). Just wanted to share it with this group of folks who will appreciate it. It is visible from one of the main bridges in the area. The city has never tried to cover it up. It makes me proud!

Re: Stones Graffiti
Posted by: Blue ()
Date: June 8, 2012 04:23

Kool! Can you reveal what city?

Date: June 8, 2012 04:32

I'm in East Peoria, Illinois.

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: June 8, 2012 04:39

Very nice! Thanks!

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: June 8, 2012 04:45

spsimmons
It makes me proud!

F YES!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 8, 2012 04:47

Peoria never looked better !

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 8, 2012 05:01

Congratulations to the anonymous tagging person; keeping the tongue and the lips visible to the world to see just for the hell of it deserves a compliment.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: June 8, 2012 05:52

spsimmons
This tounge has a history in the area I live in. It was painted sometime in the 70's and then touched up in 89 and then the other night someone touched it up again. For a while it was almost gone. I took this picture the morning after it was completed. (No I did not do it!). Just wanted to share it with this group of folks who will appreciate it. It is visible from one of the main bridges in the area. The city has never tried to cover it up. It makes me proud!

thumbs up

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: June 8, 2012 06:46

spsimmons

Hey man, get busy in ILLINOIS on the cement to the right of the tongue. Namely, add ANOTHER one dammit!!!!!

Take YO' Pick!!

Date: June 8, 2012 08:20

Love, love, love the reflection in the water! Very cool.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 8, 2012 12:31

Lovely place you live in

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: June 9, 2012 03:47

ever tried to locate it on google earth/maps ?

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: June 9, 2012 15:35

It was just repainted this past week. Before it was touched up, I don't think you could see the old one. I wonder how often Google Earth updates it's satellite photos. That'd be awesome to find it.

Date: June 9, 2012 15:42

This is the Google Earth location: 40°39'58.68" N 89°33'41.10" W

It's not there now, but if they update the photos, this'll be where it's at. It'll be on the darker upside down "V" shaped concrete.

Posted by: KeefRichards88 ()
Date: June 9, 2012 22:48

There is a bridge in Buffalo, NY next to Rich Stadium and someone spray painted Rolling Stones with the year across the side of it. The Bridge was repainted and the Stones played there again in 1997. And of course someone re spraypainted ROLLING STONES 97 across it again, It is actually still there but it is fading.

Posted by: linijr ()
Date: June 14, 2012 01:58

the stones tongue was originally done in 1981 and touched up in 1989. I had the pleasure to be a part of the june 5th repainting.We started about 10 @ night and were done "just around midnight"!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home