Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What about a Vegas residency ?
Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 6, 2012 00:46

Would it be conceivable for the Stones to do an extended stint in Vegas like Elvis or,for example Elton ?

What are your thoughts?

At least we could drop the "Vegas" reference for the previous 23 years !

sc uk

Re: What about a Vegas residency ?
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 6, 2012 01:05

I have no idea.

...but if they do...I'm there!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 6, 2012 01:06

.....The Fear & Loathing Tour

ROCKMAN

Date: June 6, 2012 01:07

Ending in Las Vegas????????????????

While they were playing there...everytime I read the fan reports of each show my reaction would be like this...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 6, 2012 01:08

....man that cat can hold a pose .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 6, 2012 01:08

I never said I liked the idea !

IMHO, it's not for them.

sc uk

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 6, 2012 01:14

the vegas stones reference hasnt been used for the last 23 years,i know because i started it on stonesdougs site during the licks tour.

i was pissed off that lisa and bernard were moving their hands in unison like they were throwing dice during tumbling dice.it was one of the lamest things i've ever seen and i said "they look like a f/cking vegas act with that bullshit going on,i'm gonna start calling them the" vegas stones."

pretty soon everyone complaining about the setlist jumped in and started saying they only play hits they're the vegas stones.

its something i truly regret,they were never the f/cking vegas stones,they are the greatest touring rock and roll band that ever lived.

and i pray they never end up washed up playing their hits in vegas..it would be sad.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: June 6, 2012 01:45

Just staying in Vegas is undoubtedly not the image they want to leave behind from a cultural point of view.

But - really - in one sense, it's just a location. A location they can stay at without actively touring/traveling at their age, and where there would be a seemingly endless flow of people to see them and money to be made.

How they performed would be up to them and their abilities.

The idea is not without it's merits.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-06 01:46 by SweetThing.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: June 6, 2012 01:52

How about a couple months in London where they started, then a couple months in Chicago where their music started.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: June 6, 2012 02:35

lem motlow
vegas stones,they are the greatest touring rock and roll band that ever lived.

and i pray they never end up washed up playing their hits in vegas..it would be sad.

As opposed to just plain old and washed up.

Date: June 6, 2012 02:40

they wont do it because the desert plays hell with a singers voice.anyone who has ever played vegas from frank and dean to rod stewart,celine dion and elton john have fits taking care of their voices in the desert.

mostly they sleep with vaporizers going,try not to talk and worry.they do it for the money.the stones are flush with cash from these big tours,mick wouldnt waste his time.

Date: June 6, 2012 02:47

studiorambo
lem motlow

i got news for you son,we're all gonna end up old and washed up some day-the sad part is up to you.

Posted by: Shade ()
Date: June 6, 2012 03:23

Vegas? They got spirits, cigarettes, and lassies there....KR and RW are game! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: June 6, 2012 03:50

I like the idea. I live in California. If I lived in Novosibirsk, I might not be so receptive. I've seen them be great in Vegas. "Vegas" and "Stones" should not be considered a negative collocation.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: June 6, 2012 04:12

The only way I'm going to be able to take my wife and kids and not have to sell a kidney is if they play some stadiums.

Personally I think the Elvis, Wayne Newton, Celion Dion, Elton Vegas route would be very tacky note to go out on. There the frikin Stones for Gods sake!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 6, 2012 05:03

they'd make a killing in Vegas....the greatest show on earth (after Barnum & Bailey) moves to Las Vegas.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 6, 2012 05:27

I think Mick liked to dance at the Bellagio after the shows, and now his pal Steve Wynn has his namesake hotel.

I wouldn't mind if they stayed there for a week or so. It's not like they'd become a Vegas act that plays there for half a year or more.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: June 6, 2012 05:52

MisterO
The only way I'm going to be able to take my wife and kids and not have to sell a kidney is if they play some stadiums.

Personally I think the Elvis, Wayne Newton, Celion Dion, Elton Vegas route would be very tacky note to go out on. There the frikin Stones for Gods sake!

I would exclude Elton from that list...like him or not, he continues to make albums of new material, tours outside of Vegas either solo, with his band, or with percussionist Ray Cooper. Vegas is just one part of his repetoire...he's not even playing there for the next several months. He's constantly touring, writing and recording...and has done so for years. As a Stones fan, I would kill to have one-tenth of that level of activity.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: June 6, 2012 14:28

I don't like the ides of residing in Vegas to see all Stones shows,eye popping smiley it's boring.sad smiley
Rather have the idea of a multiple show in various cities accross.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: June 6, 2012 15:50

I got back this morning from L.V. , i was there for business, and after this
experience i still don't like the idea. and i don't think they would love the idea to spend weeks there

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 6, 2012 16:05

lem motlow
studiorambo
lem motlow

i got news for you son,we're all gonna end up old and washed up some day-the sad part is up to you.

No we wont, some of us will die before we reach that stage in life.

Nice n cheery thought for the day.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: June 7, 2012 07:58

The Stones are the best touring band ever. Some twenty year old may yap about some band I never heard of and don't get, and they may be right, but I doubt it. But I have seen Paul Macca, The Who, Page & Plant, plus Dylan a bunch the last 15 years, and The Stones are are a Superior live act. Period.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1426
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home