Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Track Talk: Let Me Go
Posted by: Sam4741 ()
Date: March 2, 2014 09:46

The studio version is nice, but the performance at Leeds in '82 absolutely slaughters it, IMO. It's played at a frantic pace and Keith is totally locked in, playing possibly the fastest solo I've ever heard him do.

Posted by: howled ()
Date: March 2, 2014 11:27

The Stones Punkish things from this period are really just Rockabilly, Respectable, Whip Comes Down, and this song.

I don't think Keith and Mick could go total Punk so they went for more early Rock basics instead, like Rockabilly, and Punk had some of that early Rock basics thing anyway.

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: March 2, 2014 16:59

Put it on and turn er up!

Posted by: bryanoakville ()
Date: March 2, 2014 23:06

This song is pure sleaze.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 8, 2015 20:53

This song is a guilty pleasure for me. I know I shouldn't like it - it really has no redeeming qualities - and yet still I do. Perhaps the song that fits mick's 1980 persona the best.

Date: September 8, 2015 21:26

Sounds a bit tired on ER, although Keith's playing and sound is breathtaking.

LMG from Leeds 1982 is fantastic, and features perhaps Keith's longest fluent solo ever?

Posted by: MrBobMartini ()
Date: September 8, 2015 23:12

I'm not a fan of the live versions as much as the studio (though there is some killer piano in those 81/82 versions). However, the studio version contains what is maybe my favorite Stones bridge. "I find it hard to be cruel" kills me every time.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 9, 2015 01:39

MrBobMartini
I'm not a fan of the live versions as much as the studio (though there is some killer piano in those 81/82 versions). However, the studio version contains what is maybe my favorite Stones bridge. "I find it hard to be cruel" kills me every time.

Agreed.

Posted by: Swayed1967 ()
Date: September 9, 2015 10:20

Mick’s strategy for dealing with a woman who won’t let go is rather ballsy – turning tricks at a gay bar until she gets the message? Not sure I’d wanna go to west side of town just to escape an ex-lover. Oh I’ve been to a gay bar but only for the cheap beer. Of course he only says ‘maybe.’ And maybe he’s being intentionally cruel by thinking out loud like that, presumably in front of the love-stricken but unwanted woman.

Anyways, some really nice picking here and interplay between the guitarists. However, the ham-fisted intro is almost unforgivable. A catchy intro and this song is a chart topper.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1854
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home