Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

“Pandemic” tour song suggestions/Bring back the Barbs
Posted by: Cubanstones ()
Date: April 28, 2021 11:37

As we stare into the uncertain future, one thing is for sure....there are still songs that are unplayed that would be game changers. The Stones always dust off an unplayed gem. These unique “resurections” of seemingly lost tunes have become tour highlights for me. Hearing songs like Silver Train, Sway, Emotional Rescue, etc. as songs they pulled out in the past were important gifts to dedicated long term fans. We recognize the importance of the much maligned war horses. The band needs warehorses as the core of its unparalleled act. But sprinkiling in unplayed gems is a way to give back to its most passionate connected fans. And pandemic related meanings give the band a way to them.

I thought about the unplayed gems in relation to the pandemic and have the following suggestions that are particularly impactful that should be done. I stress “should be” because leaving these out of their touring history would be a sad mistake. And the pandemic offers a connection to these rare tunes that Offer pandemic “meaning” (like when “Salt of the Earth” was done after 9/11)

1. Slave - a personal favorite due to a request for Denver 2019 from a sick friend named Lonnie that never came to be. What an incredible lost gem! During the pandemic the world became a “Slave” to this horrible virus. And the world “Don’t wanna be your Slave”.

2. Ventilator Blues - I dont believe this has ever been done. Has a song ever been more perfect...we live in a world of ventilator shortages where pain and suffering made ventilators household topics for discussion. Just an amaizing song.

3. Let it Loose - This is my favorite all time Stones song and one which would be appropriate. Shouldn’t the band pull out all the stops and Let it Loose because of its love for the fans? This is an amaizing song that just needs to be done.

For Keith time I have a proposal...resurrect one New Barbarians song! Why not....Keith’s band is also Ron’s band. And they rocked...I think one Barbarians song per night would be so special. Keith and Ron have perfectly appropriate pandemic options.

1. Infekshun - “You are my infekshun, Can’t get you out of my life!” I mean could it be more perfect!

2. Mystifies me - “You look so fine and true, noone mystifies me like you do”....”take it all apart put it back}...has the world ever been more mystified than by this pandemic?

3. Worried Life Blues - Can you say it better than “someday baby I’m not going to worry about life anymore”?

I think the band reads these threads. I know BV has pull....lets push this thread. Lets ask them to do this for us....isnt a reasonable request. If I am missing something, please speak up!

Re: “Pandemic” tour song suggestions/Bring back the Barbs
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 28, 2021 13:24

+1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home