Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question RE: Photos w Scotty Moore/DJ Fontana
Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 22, 2021 21:46

Hey I need the gurus to confirm when/where these Paul Natkin photos with Scotty Moore and DJ Fontana were taken. Scotty’s official website says Nashville 1998 but I think it’s 1997. They’re in what appears to be a sports lockeroom with slogans on the walls. My guess is this is either before or after the show at Vanderbilt University on 26 October 1997. I know the Stones normally did the quick out immediately after the B2B shows but this one started and ended early, the band was offstage by 7:45pm local time. So maybe it’s possible they did stick around the venue afterwards.....?

Re: Question RE: Photos w Scotty Moore/DJ Fontana
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: April 22, 2021 22:15

I met DJ twice. Sweet man. Played at my friend's birthday party about 10 years ago. And he was backstage at the Stones 2015 Nashville show. RIP

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 23, 2021 02:55

They played on January 8th (Elvis' bday) at the House of Blues in Los Angeles one year. We had our backs to the band when they came out and first started playing. They sounded fantastic. Then we turned around and saw these old men dressed like normal guys. It was jarring. It seems much easier to accept if they were playing blues, than rock and roll.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: April 23, 2021 04:32

>these old men dressed like normal guys.

Thats funny. I guess you expected KISS or something?

jb

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1979
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home