Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Poncho talks regarding Crazy Horse, Neil, rock life
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 21, 2021 17:46

What a great interview. Made me wonder what tales haven't yet been told yet about the rock stars who are part of our listening lives, how the music came about, etc.

[aquariumdrunkard.com]

Re: OT: Poncho talks regarding Crazy Horse, Neil, rock life
Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: April 21, 2021 23:21

dmay
What a great interview. Made me wonder what tales haven't yet been told yet about the rock stars who are part of our listening lives, how the music came about, etc.

[aquariumdrunkard.com]

Shakey be Jimmy McDonagh is as good a read on Neil as I’ve found....

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: April 22, 2021 01:21

Pancho is quite a character. He's right about him being up in the mix on "Rust Bucket". Him & Neil play real well together. I think if concerts start again, there could be a conflict with Nils & Bruce/Meil. Under that scenario, I've got a feeling you're going to see Micah Nelson in the second guitar slot. He seems closer to Neil than his brother. On the video of Neil & POTR from Ireland, Neil plays facing Micah far more than Lukas. Micah is also working on the "Trans" animation that supposedly is coming soon. I like Nils but I don't think having Micah playing in the Horse would be a bad thing at all.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 22, 2021 02:17

I agree crholmstrom - of all the times I've seen Neil with Promise of the Real, Neil seems to show some favoritism towards the younger Micah.
And it's always seemed clear to me, and probably Neil and everybody else as well, Micah''s far more talented and has that natural gift, whereas his with his older bro Lukas it seems a bit forced.
Both talented no doubt, but Micah is more of an artist, and his side projects show he's not afraid to take risks with an edge vs. riding down the friendly and familiar roads.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: April 22, 2021 03:06

Great read. Thanks for posting.
I forgot about the SNL performance with Steve Jordan & Charlie Drayton.

[vimeo.com]

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: April 22, 2021 18:08

Watching it again this morning, the SNL performance of Rockin' In The Free World is one of the hardest and most ferocious tunes I have heard from Neil Young or anybody. Steve Jordan just pounds the living hell out of the drums. Wow.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: April 22, 2021 18:51

dmay
Watching it again this morning, the SNL performance of Rockin' In The Free World is one of the hardest and most ferocious tunes I have heard from Neil Young or anybody. Steve Jordan just pounds the living hell out of the drums. Wow.

Gotta luv Neil's enthusiasm, jumping up on Steve's riser and grinning at him!
Fire! hot smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1667
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home