Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sharing your bootleg collections
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 31, 2012 04:47

I am interested in sharing/expanding my current collection. Many of us here have traded boots for ages (some of you all have amazing vinyl collections that have never been heard by us common folk).. My goal is to create a massive torrent that simply contains all of the best/essential bootlegs in one massive collection. No rapidshare or any of those other sites... No clicking through a billion different links and waiting two days to download the first disc of an MP3...

I'm talking a simple process...

1. Download uTorrent
2. Download the mp3 or flac collection
3. Wait for awesome bootlegs to arrive on your harddrive

Example of my file-naming structure (band - year - month-day - title - source) which I am about to refine over the coming months.

This torrent will include NO official releases, just ROIO.

In summary... If you have any suggestions, post them. If you have anything you'd like to contribute, post them, or feel free to drop me an email.

This has been a longtime project for me and I figured there might be a few like-minded folks out there who would like to collaborate on this... Gives us something to do during the Stones drought!

Re: Sharing your bootleg collections
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 31, 2012 05:46

That is awesome! I would love to particiate. Tell me how. I am using a Mac and have quite a bit of stuff. And would love to upload it and share. I don't often get torrented stuff, but I do have VUZE and every once in while do. It is just the internet speed here isn't the best, but I am game!

Cheers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-31 05:55 by whitem8.

Date: June 2, 2012 19:17

Post your full collection if you can. I'm finishing the re-formatting on mine (also re-tagging everything) and will post my list shortly. I have an FTP server where folks can upload releases, then will make one massive torrent to start it rolling.. This will be fun...

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: June 2, 2012 19:53

in theory this is GREAT!! actually though, it is already being DONE though on a few trackers... AND on this site.

IF you were to SHARE your ROIO collection via Bit Torrent, you can't just "Add" to the torrent you have started.... you would need to creat a NEW .torrent file for any new folder you are trying to share, and for others to try and help you share their files (off the SAME show) their files would have to MATCH 100% to the help share & that is usually NOT gonna happen

good luck!

Date: June 3, 2012 00:43

If I start with one big torrent then it makes it easy for folks to download and seed consistently. When a new recording is added a new torrent file gets uploaded. The new recording gets downloaded, nothing else changes.

Rather than having hundreds of inconsistently labeled multiple generation sourced recordings, we start fresh with a definitive collection..

I will post the first torrent next week... mp3/flac will be the main choice. Hard disk space!

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: June 3, 2012 01:23

flacnvinyl

Example of my file-naming structure (band - year - month-day - title - source) which I am about to refine over the coming months.

I prefer to do it like this spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

1981.9.25 JFK Stadium, Philadelphia, PA
1981.9.26 JFK Stadium, Philadelphia, PA

So on and so forth, I never put the title of a bootleg, I prefer seeing the date, stadium/arena, city, state, and if outside US, then Country. That way I can see how many shows I have during a particular tour . . .

Date: June 3, 2012 02:09

Exactly! I have been going through and renaming all boots according to date and location. MOST of my archive is correctly formatted but everyone has different formatting on torrent trackers. No one actually names the tracks either! How many torrents have you downloaded that have Track 1, Track 2 so forth!

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: June 3, 2012 03:00

This is gonna be great! Thank you for your efforts, flacnviny!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1504
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home