Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Just What Exactly Do You Want From The Rolling Stones For 50th Anniversary Year?
Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 29, 2012 02:48

24FPS
Well, I hope the ballyhooed documentary is satisfying. With maybe an accompanying CD of unreleased material. The continuation of the bootleg series with maybe a true surprise among the pickings. And finally, some concerts. I've given up on the idea of Wyman going anywhere outside a car/train ride in Europe, so I don't expect to see him here in the states. My guess is he'll do a show or two in London. Don't know if it will just be a number or two. Who knows? Love to see him on a cut or two on their next album, although they might have to step on Daryll's emotional toes to do it. A Taylor contribution on record and maybe a concert or two. He could do CYHMK.

There. I didn't attack anybody. It's really not that hard.

The problem with this upcoming documentary is that my desire, if not expectation, is probably way way too high. I would've liked 25X5 to be about 20 hours if I had my way.

Re: Just What Exactly Do You Want From The Rolling Stones For 50th Anniversary Year?
Date: May 29, 2012 02:49

NICOS

Excellent work, NICOS.smoking smiley

Date: May 29, 2012 02:51

SweetThing
24FPS
Well, I hope the ballyhooed documentary is satisfying. With maybe an accompanying CD of unreleased material. The continuation of the bootleg series with maybe a true surprise among the pickings. And finally, some concerts. I've given up on the idea of Wyman going anywhere outside a car/train ride in Europe, so I don't expect to see him here in the states. My guess is he'll do a show or two in London. Don't know if it will just be a number or two. Who knows? Love to see him on a cut or two on their next album, although they might have to step on Daryll's emotional toes to do it. A Taylor contribution on record and maybe a concert or two. He could do CYHMK.

The problem with this upcoming documentary is that my desire, if not expectation, is probably way way too high. I would've liked 25X5 to be about 20 hours if I had my way.

I know the feeling, it seems like no matter what they give us it is never quite enough.

Date: May 29, 2012 02:52

treaclefingers
tatters
MightyStonesStillRollin50

This may come as a surprise to you but this (IORR) is a fabulous sounding board with a direct line to the Rolling Stones.

IORR is not a direct line to anyone or anything. It's just a bunch of old men with too much time on their hands pissing into the wind.

That is LITERALLY hitting below the belt!

What is LITERALLY hitting below the belt?

Date: May 29, 2012 02:53

treaclefingers
treaclefingers
24FPS

Seems to me that you've attacked the attackers, albeit subtly, which disproves your point.

Seems it may be more difficult than at first blush!

Attack implies aggression, there was nothing aggressive in his tone. Besides, once you strike and then cry that you have been struck back, well...........

Hang on, whatever happened to two wrongs don't make a right?!

We should be allowed to attack willy nilly without fear of reprisal!

It's nature's way.

It's man's nature to war with his fellow man. One strikes, and if the other is still standing, he strikes back, (unless he is a pacifist) and so on, and so, on. The good news is, that one day the male species will become extinct.

The male "species"? Rhymes with feces. will.u.r.

Date: May 29, 2012 03:12

tatters

This may come as a surprise to you but this (IORR) is a fabulous sounding board with a direct line to the Rolling Stones.

IORR is not a direct line to anyone or anything. It's just a bunch of old men with too much time on their hands pissing into the wind.

Sorry, but you are just "flat out" wrong about this! Not saying it has been this way always, but things change, and sometimes for the better. The Exile and Some Girls bonus tracks are a direct result of that change.

tatters, never think your voice is not being heard. Your name is written in "The Book of Admittance" to Stones Heaven and don't you ever forget that!

Mick Jagger to IORR message board: We want to hear YOUR ideas.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 29, 2012 03:17

tatters

Sorry, but you are just "flat out" wrong about this! Not saying it has been this way always, but things change, and sometimes for the better. The Exile and Some Girls bonus tracks are a direct result of that change.

tatters, never think your voice is not being heard. Your name is written in "The Book of Admittance" to Stones Heaven and don't you ever forget that!

Oh, goodie, goodie, goodie!

Date: May 29, 2012 03:20

SweetThing
tatters

Mick Jagger to IORR message board: We want to hear YOUR ideas.

Mick has really become a lovely man in his latter years. He really does care. Better late than never. Must have been tough being Mick Jagger as a young man. And when I say "young man", I mean anyone under 60. As crazy as that sounds.

Date: May 29, 2012 03:32

tatters
tatters

tatters, somehow I don't think you are taking me seriously here, but that's OK. I have to do what I do until I stop doing it no matter how much flack I take. It's all for the better good, and I myself care, care about all members. We are all important and all part of this big family called the Rolling Stones.

Date: May 29, 2012 03:39

tatters
tatters

tatters, somehow I don't think you are taking me seriously here, but that's OK. I have to do what I do until I stop doing it no matter how much flack I take. It's all for the better good, and I myself care, care about all members. We are all important and all part of this big family called the Rolling Stones.

It is too bad that we can't start acting more like family, but when you think about it, maybe we are treating each other like family, not very good. Probably learned it from our dysfunctional parents, Mick and Keith?

Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: May 29, 2012 06:49

I want live DVDs of LA 75 and Hampton 81.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 29, 2012 07:56

treaclefingers
tatters

That is LITERALLY hitting below the belt!

What is LITERALLY hitting below the belt?

It was a quip, because 'too much time on their hands pissing in the wind' sounded a little gross and is technically happening below the belt...the nether regions.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 29, 2012 10:04

Lots of "lovely things".

- Doxa

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: May 29, 2012 10:50

Rockman
Anything for you, Rockman

Okay ... what about some footage of Charlie's stallion doin' his singer's dog....that'd be good ta see huh huh

OUCH.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: May 29, 2012 10:56

Gazza
You to stop posting stupid threads and pretending you're not another poster with the same traits.

For once Gazza, I really have to say I disagree with your stance on this thread. There are a diminishing number of Stones threads on IORR these days, so any positively focused topic discussing the band should be viewed in a positive light. To me threads like this are like the angling of a prism, it is the same broad subject approached from the seed thought of a different person. Engendering positive engagement on the basis of aspirational thinking is a good thing in life, as energy follows thought and determines what the future can yield in unexpected ways, not necessarily directly. There is always the self-regulated opt out; you don't need to read a thread if ya don't want to.....

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 29, 2012 11:10

A stadium tour! They are still the best in stadium entertainment.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: May 29, 2012 11:27

An end to todgergate! Plus another wig thread >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 29, 2012 11:44

OUCH.

More KICK when ya link it with this one SonicD

[www.iorr.org]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 29, 2012 14:26

SonicDreamer
Gazza
You to stop posting stupid threads and pretending you're not another poster with the same traits.

For once Gazza, I really have to say I disagree with your stance on this thread. There are a diminishing number of Stones threads on IORR these days, so any positively focused topic discussing the band should be viewed in a positive light. To me threads like this are like the angling of a prism, it is the same broad subject approached from the seed thought of a different person. Engendering positive engagement on the basis of aspirational thinking is a good thing in life, as energy follows thought and determines what the future can yield in unexpected ways, not necessarily directly. There is always the self-regulated opt out; you don't need to read a thread if ya don't want to.....

Cheers,
SonicD

More Stones threads I'm all in favour of.

More inane threads on the same subject each day - under a new title - gets a bit tiresome.

Each to their own, as they say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-29 14:41 by Gazza.

Posted by: Elmo ()
Date: May 29, 2012 15:57

treaclefingers
Gazza

Nothing stupid at all about letting the Stones know the desires of our hearts. In case you haven't noticed our voices are not falling on deaf ears these days. Maybe at one time, but not today.

So, Mr. Gazza, what are your wishes?

er....LondonStreetKidsStonesRule...I think the issue if I may, is that you sort of use IORR like some people use Twitter, which is to say every time a fleeting thought enters your mind, you feel it necessary to Tweet/start a new thread.

Now, to be fair, no one can be expected to come up with new and interesting contributions all the time.

When that happens, most people just read, and don't post, or post, and don't start new threads that in the end, all sound vaguely the same.

This may come as a surprise to you but this (IORR) is a fabulous sounding board with a direct line to the Rolling Stones. Now, you can either believe that or not. It has led to some amazing results in recent years. Doesn't mean we are always going to get everything we want, but our voices are being heard. You are just going to have to trust me on this one.

' A direct line to the Rolling Stones....'

'...amazing results in recent years...'

Examples and proof please

Posted by: Marianella ()
Date: May 29, 2012 16:09

How about the Ballads, ending with a few Rock N roll tunes.

Date: May 30, 2012 00:35

SonicDreamer
Gazza

Cheers,
SonicD

Excellant comments. And if I didn't believe our voices were being heard I wouldn't waste my time posting here.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 30, 2012 00:46

1. Bill Wyman

2. Mick Taylor

3. A really good documentary (at long last).

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 30, 2012 01:04

MightyStonesStillRollin50, what are your thoughts on the sons of the beatles starting a supergroup and conquering the world with a tour and generally being the greatest thing of all time?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 30, 2012 02:23

It has led to some amazing results in recent years.

How would you know ? You registered only 3 weeks ago.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 30, 2012 02:32

SweetThing

I know. You read something like, "We just interviewed them for like 50 hours about 1966" and you assume it will be some extended result. Maybe, just maybe, they smell mortality and have dropped their pretenses, and realized this is it, for history.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 30, 2012 02:37

tatters

How dare you speak the truth. winking smiley

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: May 30, 2012 12:50

As Cocaine Eyes said: they have my respect, love and best wishes. Should they choose to do nothing thats absolutely fine with me, they've earned the right.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: May 30, 2012 16:29

Keith hosting the season opener of SNL with a surprise appearance by the Stones to announce the MSG shows.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: May 30, 2012 17:28

Well,

Since you asked so politely...

I want a Detroit show so that I can take my kids to see the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in The World live in concert.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1422
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home